TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cabbageboy

NFL Week 5

Okay here is the NFL week 5 schedule with my predictions:

1:00:

Detroit at Minnesota: Vikings got off to a hot start but have slid a bit since, though neither were awful losses. I think they rebound here against the winless Lions. Vikings by 7.

St. Louis at Green Bay: Rams are a hard team to figure. They're 3-1 against mostly mediocre teams, but lost on the road to the Niners. I will go with the Packers by 3.

Tennessee at Indianapolis: This is a joke right? The only doubt is whether the Colts cover the 18 points. I say they do. Colts by 21.

Buffalo at Chicago: People will immediately say "Bears squash" but the Bills may well get them into an ugly, defensive game. I'll say Bears 17-7.

Cleveland at Carolina: Panthers are another tough team to figure, but I think they can manage here against the crappy Browns. Carolina by 13.

Miami at New England: Pats had a smashing win this past week, so how will they follow? With a mediocre 21-14 win over the Dolphins.

Tampa Bay at New Orleans: Tampa is the walking dead at this point, Saints should roll here 24-7.

Washington at NY Giants: Giants are coming off a bye week and are in desperate need of a win. I think it'll be a high scoring game, something like 35-31 Giants.

4:00:

NY Jets at Jacksonville: Jets have been better than expected, but this is a tough task. I'll say the Jags will win here 20-17.

Kansas City at Arizona: Chiefs looked dominant this past week, Leinart will be making his first start most likely. Chiefs by 14 or so.

Oakland at San Francisco: Oh God. It's the blind meeting the blind. I will go with the Niners since they are slightly less inept. SF by 6.

Dallas at Philadelphia: You know the Eagles will want to beat down T.O. I think they will do it too, Bledsoe will get picked a few times. Eagles by 10.

8:15:

Pittsburgh at San Diego: Steelers have struggled so far and the Chargers need a win. I'll say the Chargers win here by 7 at home.

Monday 8:30:

Baltimore at Denver: Ravens have scraped by the past couple weeks, this looks like a good time for that first loss. Denver by 7.

EDIT BY ANDY O:

CBS Coverage Map 1 & 4:15 Games:

05-CBS.gif

FOX Coverage Map 1 Games:

05-FOX-E.gif

FOX Coverage Map 4:15 Games:

05-FOX-L.gif

Guest Princess Leena

The Bills keep it close via ugly football. The Dick Jauron influence will cover Soldier Field. There's no way in hell they're winning though.

And I hope everyone saved Indy in their Survivor leagues for this special occasion.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

That Monday night game is going to be a good one. I think Baltimore slightly has an edge talent-wise, but Denver's going to be really tough at home, as always.

Look for fireworks for Jets/Jags, too.

The Bills keep it close via ugly football. The Dick Jauron influence will cover Soldier Field. There's no way in hell they're winning though.

And I hope everyone saved Indy in their Survivor leagues for this special occasion.

I already burnt my Indy pick, which has basically put me in the position of hoping Chicago isn't caught sleeping against Buffalo, which is possible given Jauron ball or assuming that Gradowski for TB isn't going to be one of those cute "backup turned superstar" stories.

I don't want to waste that Chicago pick though, they have alot of winnable games stored up.

Oh hell yes. After sweating through Miami/Tennessee and the first half of last night's game, I can finally breathe easy about a pick.

Guest Felonies!

Detroit at Minnesota: The Vikings will bounce back at the Metrodome against the crappy Lions and get their first real decisive win. Vikings by 10.

St. Louis at Green Bay: Packers will make it close but lose to the Rams by 13.

Tennessee at Indianapolis: Snort. Colts by 24.

Buffalo at Chicago: It's at Soldier, which if it's as oppressive as it was Sunday night, should weaken the defense for the Bills. Even if it gets ugly, which I don't expect, Kosher Kicker Robbie Gould would take care of things. Bears by 17.

Cleveland at Carolina: Browns aren't very good and the Panthers are gonna keep winning with you-know-who, I'm sure. Panthers by 20.

Miami at New England: If it was in Miami I'd go with the upset, but they'll shit the bed in Foxborough, and evidently we've started appending that -ugh to the end in the last few years or so? Patriots by 10.

Tampa Bay at New Orleans: Saints by 17

Washington at NY Giants: I'm going to say that the Skins are going to carry the momentum from the Jags win into this game, insofar as momentum can be carried over a week. The Giants have shown flashes of brilliance, but I'm wondering if maybe they start to fall apart a bit. Close high-scoring affair but the Skins win by 3.

4:00:

NY Jets at Jacksonville: I'm really starting to believe in the Jets, at least as long as Pennington is healthy. If nothing else, they made me laugh. The Jags are a paper-tiger team, I think, and this will be the kind of game they drop. Jets by a field goal.

Kansas City at Arizona: Arizona looks like shit. Why are they always the sexy pick for the NFC West? Chiefs might finally have things rolling now, Chiefs by 21.

Oakland at San Francisco: It's a shame what has happened to both franchises, but at least things look sort of promising for the 49ers. Niners by 9 in one of the ugliest games all year.

Dallas at Philadelphia: America loses by overhype and knuckle-dragging Philly fans throwing pill bottles on the field.

8:15:

Pittsburgh at San Diego: The Steelers will ramp it up because they really really need to win or they're fucked. Steelers by 3.

Monday 8:30:

Baltimore at Denver: I'd like to think the Broncos just come in and dominate the Ravens so that we don't have to hear about Ray Lewis for a week or two, but Jake Plummer will shit the bed and blow it. Ravens by 3.

The Giants will win since I won't be able to watch the game. They've lost the two games I watched and won the Eagles game that I missed. If this theory holds I may have to miss the remainder of the season for the good of the team.

Guest Vitamin X
Green Bay has finally released Ahmad Carrol.

With yesterday's game (yet another promising lead against a good team blown in the second half) still firmyl entrenched in my mind, this is probably the best news I could've received today. This is the best move of Ted Thompson's career so far. I've been waiting for them to pull the trigger on it for so long, but shit, you'd think he'd get demoted to practice squad or something first. Nope, they outright cut him. A bit of clarivoyance:

I, as always, blame Ahmad Carroll. I don't know what team could possibly consider taking him as anything but a special teams guy, and the fact that Green Bay hasn't tried him out there much (considering his speed) probably means that he's useless there also.

And I've probably alluded to how bad he was many.. many times.. If it wasn't for Jamal Reynolds, he'd probably be the Pack's worst first round bust in well over a decade. I knew from the beginning that drafting a 5'9" corner with some good speed and little else in the NFC North was a bad idea, the fact they couldn't get him to keep his hands off a receiver (even when they tried having him practice with boxing gloves so as to not grab), which is the simplest fucking thing to learn as a defensive back, and countless times when any opposing quarterback can just look at #28 and throw, and be totally confident in doing so, I'm so glad this has happened. So, so glad. He was singlehandedly responsible for both of McNabb's TD throws in the second half, and badly whiffed on a few of McNabb's runs afterwards as well. He has enough chances to redeem himself, but I'd bring back Leroy Butler and have him play after god knows how many years out of the league rather than see his tiny worthless ass on my favorite team again.

Goodbye Ahmad Carroll, and good fucking riddance.

Miami at New England: If it was in Miami I'd go with the upset, but they'll shit the bed in Foxborough, and evidently we've started appending that -ugh to the end in the last few years or so? Patriots by 10.

We like to arbitrarily drop/add the -ugh to a lot of small towns up here. It's the same pronunciation either way.

Guest Felonies!

Right, but the networks had been going with Foxboro for the longest time and it's only within like the last year or two that some networks went over to Foxborough, and now it seems like everyone is. I think the latter looks cooler, anyway. They should've just found a place in or closer to Boston for the new stadium so we wouldn't have to deal with this Foxboro/Foxborough/New England shit and just call them the Boston Patriots like they originally were.

With the Redskins offense on a roll, and the Giants Defense definately being a dissapointment, I think the Redskins will come away with a win this week...

Is it true Shockey might not play?

I'll be at the Packers-Rams game. My first time ever leaving the East Coast as I'm from Rhode Island. I know this is a bad time to go see the Packers at Lambeau but I still think it will be a memorable moment seeing my favorite football team surrounded by other Packer fans.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah don't get me wrong, no matter how the Packers are playing, I'd love to make my own pilgrimage to Lambeau as well. Instead, I'll have to settle for begging for a ticket to the Miami game, as I have no money since it's all going towards fixing my car for the trip that I'm also saving up for.

Wow that was a pretty bad run-on sentence there.

Yeah don't get me wrong, no matter how the Packers are playing, I'd love to make my own pilgrimage to Lambeau as well. Instead, I'll have to settle for begging for a ticket to the Miami game, as I have no money since it's all going towards fixing my car for the trip that I'm also saving up for.

Yeah our plan is:

Flying to Chicago tomorrow. Spend 2 days in Chicago, drinking on Friday Night, Blackhawks game on Saturday Night.

-Stay outside of the city for a cheaper hotel then head to Green Bay early sunday morning to tailgate.

-Then after the game, tour the Packers Hall of Fame. Then Monday, explore Milwaukee, then fly home on Monday Night.

Our seats are on the 10 yard line, I'm not sure how far back right now but we got the tickets from a coworker of my mom who has relatives in Green Bay who were willing to sell us any ticket for face value. We chose this game because of the extended weekend.

I'm just hoping for a good game.

Guest Vitamin X

I have a feeling they'll win this weekend's game. No particular reason, other than maybe that Ahmad Carroll was released, but I have a good feeling about it.

Also, the Packers signed Spencer Havner today. Awesome. He was one of my favorite linebackers to watch at UCLA, and I was hoping the Pack would've taken him in the draft, instead he went undrafted for some unknown reason, and didn't make it with the Redskins. I hope he makes it at least to special teams with Green Bay.

Right, but the networks had been going with Foxboro for the longest time and it's only within like the last year or two that some networks went over to Foxborough, and now it seems like everyone is. I think the latter looks cooler, anyway. They should've just found a place in or closer to Boston for the new stadium so we wouldn't have to deal with this Foxboro/Foxborough/New England shit and just call them the Boston Patriots like they originally were.

Fun Fact: I actually have a really old Boston Patriots Pennant.

Guest Felonies!

Those old helmets with the tricorner hats were kinda cool. It reminds me of the Eagles/Vikings/Rams style.

They need to make the red throwbacks they wore on Thanksgiving a few years ago their alternate jerseys instead of the ugly-ass silver ones.

Guest Felonies!

I liked the Parcells uniforms with the drop-shadowed italic numbers. Those were pretty gaudy, but it's not as if their Techno Team 2000 crap now is much better.

Guest Vitamin X

I hated those drop shadowed italic numbers. But then again, seeing those as a Bears or Packers fan brings back fond memories.

Hey, an NFC Central/North team beats the Patriots once in the middle of every decade for two of them running. Maybe we'll have the Bears this year and, I dunno, the Lions in 2015? Because we all know the Vikings aren't going to win one.