TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

oAo ECW on Sci Fi Thread // October 24, 2006

Doesn't Batista have a wife...who he was roller skating with and got hit by a kite in 2003, re-aggrivating an injury?

They're getting divorced.....keep in mind she also just had cancer. That Batista a real stand up guy....

I'm sure many wrestlers, like other spots stars, mess around on their wives/girlfriends/husbands/boyfriends.

What makes it funny is Batista lost a ton of respect from the other wrestlers for dating Rebecca and the whole situation with his wife. You know what you are doing is fucked up when even the other wrestlers who have likely done fucked up shit look at you and go "what the fuck is wrong with that guy?"

It would be more fucked up if Lita and Edge were two of those people to hate on him.

Nah it's the Smackdown locker room, basically everyone hates him at this point. To the point it's been reported he's miserable and wants to be moved to Raw.

Batista seems to have lost a lot of respect for a lot of different things, not of least of which must be putting on crappy matches since moving from Raw.

What WWE hasn't realized about Batista is that he was the benefactor of the best storyline they have done in years and without that storyline he isn't anything. Batista is proof that a good storyline can put over an average guy.

---

The camera guy really screwed up that RVD "counter", it just looked like RVD got thrown out of the ring then 2 seconds later Show fell out for no reason.

Doesn't Batista have a wife...who he was roller skating with and got hit by a kite in 2003, re-aggrivating an injury?

They're getting divorced.....keep in mind she also just had cancer. That Batista a real stand up guy....

I'm sure many wrestlers, like other spots stars, mess around on their wives/girlfriends/husbands/boyfriends.

What makes it funny is Batista lost a ton of respect from the other wrestlers for dating Rebecca and the whole situation with his wife. You know what you are doing is fucked up when even the other wrestlers who have likely done fucked up shit look at you and go "what the fuck is wrong with that guy?"

It would be more fucked up if Lita and Edge were two of those people to hate on him.

"Dude, CANCER Dude"

"Yeah, canther..."

She only talks like that because she's had so much dick in her mouth it just made her voice like she always has one in there.

So, RVD is the only man in ECW that can beat Show. Yeah, that's a good way of getting other people over.

"Dude, CANCER Dude"

"Yeah, canther..."

She only talks like that because she's had so much dick in her mouth it just made her voice like she always has one in there.

If that was the case, then all she would say would be "WILLOW THE WHISP!!" and then wave her hands in front of her face like a Wayne's World dream sequence.

I'm starting to get a very bad feeling about this Show/RVD feud. Why do I think that Heyman will keeping booking this match week in, week out with RVD having to overcome all these stips to get his title shot...then just job in the title match?

I do not see the appeal of CM Punk. Anyone else feel that way? His matches just seem really boring. I guess he's supposed to be working shoot-style or something? I mean this is just lame. He did a 3 bitch slap combo. I'm supposed to be impressed by 2 girlie slaps followed by a spinning girlie slap?

Those are Pancrase hand slaps from an older form of 'shoot' wrestling in Japan. In that, you're not allowed to hit the opponent with a closed fist.

I'm starting to get a very bad feeling about this Show/RVD feud. Why do I think that Heyman will keeping booking this match week in, week out with RVD having to overcome all these stips to get his title shot...then just job in the title match?

I was under the impression that Heyman didn't have much control over the ECW product and he is being used as more of a consultant than a booker.

I was under the impression that Heyman didn't have much control over the ECW product and he is being used as more of a consultant than a booker.

I think he meant Heyman the character, not the Heyman the consultant.

Yeah I meant Heyman in his TV character, though who knows. Maybe he is booking the show? It seems like his precise role differs from week to week.

That said, jobbing RVD to the Show in the actual title match makes no sense on any level. There won't exactly be any contenders left at that point.

Those are Pancrase hand slaps from an older form of 'shoot' wrestling in Japan. In that, you're not allowed to hit the opponent with a closed fist.

I've seen Pancrase and that is not Pancrase. Slapping like a girl is not Pancratian fighting.

Am I the only one that ENJOYED Punk/Striker? The mat worked looked good, and I would have liked to see how the match could have gone, had it naturally progressed into a 20-25 minute match, instead of a 5 minute match with a run-in. I would have preferred that match get the timeslot that Test/Holly got.

Yeah I meant Heyman in his TV character, though who knows. Maybe he is booking the show? It seems like his precise role differs from week to week.

That said, jobbing RVD to the Show in the actual title match makes no sense on any level. There won't exactly be any contenders left at that point.

Ah, my bad.

I'm actually kinda surprised Holly and Test went so long. I figured it'd be a 5 minute match with a stupid finish to help carry over the fued till next week, but I guess Vince or some booker thought that since Holly and Test just recenlty had good matches the two would do the same paired together. Yeah that person was wrong.

The show overall...was sorta meh for me. Knox vs Punk is promoted but Sandman vs Striker sorta wasn't. RVD vs Show should have been done next week or the week after Cyber Sunday. Doing it now may start the overkill of RVD being able to beat Big Show. Its still Oct and the ppv isn't till December. RVD being promoted as the man who can beat the Big Show should have been started in November, mid-November at best.

So next week pretty much starts the small promoting for the PPV in December. At the moment we only have a few fueds going on that could possibly carry over to the ppv. At the moment the main feuds are CM Punk vs Knox, Striker vs Sandman, Test vs Holly, and RVD vs Big Show. A lot of wrestlers are lost in limbo. Dreamer, Thron, Sabu, CW Anderson, The FBI, Balls, and a few others are just aren't doing anything right now. So what else could be booked and given enough time to be put on the PPV? Does the TV title finally get brought out and thats used to help push the mid-carders? ECW actually has a strong mid-card at the moment so I could see that happening but with ECW only have an hour, the question is rasied, can WWECW be able to push enough matches/feuds in the next month to fill up a 3 hour ppv?

So next week pretty much starts the small promoting for the PPV in December. At the moment we only have a few fueds going on that could possibly carry over to the ppv. At the moment the main feuds are CM Punk vs Knox, Striker vs Sandman, Test vs Holly, and RVD vs Big Show. A lot of wrestlers are lost in limbo. Dreamer, Thron, Sabu, CW Anderson, The FBI, Balls, and a few others are just aren't doing anything right now. So what else could be booked and given enough time to be put on the PPV? Does the TV title finally get brought out and thats used to help push the mid-carders? ECW actually has a strong mid-card at the moment so I could see that happening but with ECW only have an hour, the question is rasied, can WWECW be able to push enough matches/feuds in the next month to fill up a 3 hour ppv?

Haha, well if anything the card can be put together like a REAL ECW show, where the only announced match is the title match, and then you end up getting some last minute crazy 6 man tag match to get everyone else on the card, which turns out to be a pretty fun match to watch.

RVD/Bigshow was decent. Holly/Test wasn't great, but not bad either. Punk/Striker was actually decent IMO, it just had a crap finish.

This week's show was better than last week.

I honestly have no desire to see ANY of those aformentioned feuds/matches. If they are slow building those to the ppv, I am going to be very let down and half tempted to not even order it. I give them credit for trying to build feuds, but those are nothing to give two shits about. They need to blow those four feuds all off next week and/or the week after, seriously. Van Dam needs the belt STAT as Show is not drawing at all, is clearly dragging ass and probably needs a less stressful schedule without being champ, and is horribly stale to me right now on top. Seeing him lose at the ppv to Van Dam seems predictable and downright boring, especially now that I have seen two weeks of pretty boring matches between the two. Those two dont mesh well, nor do they create a compelling feud at the least, especially one that is supposed to be a main event to the first "new ECW" ppv? Cmon now...

The ECW ppv doesnt need a ton of feud hypejobs really, perhaps a few old ECW guys returning on the ppv or in the few weeks leading to it (Foley? Funk? Etc?) and a couple matches on top that will be guaranteed to deliver to the fanbase. That's it. They're better off with the "less is more" formula that worked for the ONS ppvs versus, like I said, RVD versus fucking Big Show part who knows what and who cares.

Off the top of my head, the main event could be RVD v. Sabu v. Sandman in a three way dance (add gimmicks if you wish) and I'd be happy to see that, hell, even throw a few bucks down on it. It's marketable to the old ECW fanbase and those three and Punk are probably your most over workers right now, everyone else to me seems strongly below them right now.

Below you can do some weird shit like Foley v. Show, Punk v. Test or Holly, and then also have some of the midcards in finals for the revived TV and tag titles plus your ECW nostalgia impromptu matches as well.

Yeah but let's face it, you know they will put off RVD/Show Part 3 until this PPV. And frankly once Show jobs the belt they need to get him off ECW period. Maybe have him say "If I can't beat RVD this time, I'll leave ECW."

I dunno about an RVD/Sabu/Sandman 3 way. I don't really recall an RVD/Sandman match or if there was one in ECW it wasn't very good. And RVD/Sabu is like watching the same guy wrestle himself.