TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

24 - Season 6

2 is an unfortunate victim because it started off with a bang and ended with a whimper. The consequences of America launching an unprovoked attack on the Middle East is a huge, huge thing. But it just doesn't have the same ring as "The nuke is here in LA, we have ten minutes to find it". But seeing Palmer order Stanton to be tortured as the shit, as was the evil hot Muslim cracker.

Surprised at the low rankings for season 3. You get the prison riot, mexico stuff with the Salazars, outbreak at the hotel, the Gael swerve, and Nina. It might have been a little unrealistic, but I'd rank it near the top.

Season 1

Season 3

Season 5

Season 4

Season 2

Seriously. Season 3 is not getting enough love.

I would go:

Season 1

Season 3

Season 4

Season 5

Season 2

And yeah, I LOVED Season 2. LOVED THE HELL out of it. That first half of the season was incredible with the nuke, but then it was still good but it kinda fell off after that. But fell off to like super badass instead of superduper badass.

Guest Starks

Just a warning to people here that are wary of "24" spoilers - The first 4 episodes of season 6 that were sent out for the press to review have found their way onto certain parts of the 'net for public consumption. Best to stay away from IMDB as spoilers will be flying thick and fast within a few hours.

Just watched the first episode, man, just when I thought Jack couldn't possibly get more badass

He rips a guys throat out with his teeth~!!!

on episode 2 now and another Oz alumni makes a 24 appearance

Scott William Winters(Cyril O'Reily)

Just finished episode 4 and all I can say is Hooooooo-leeee SHIT!

The one downside to having watched these 4 eps early...is now I got 2 weeks instead of 1 to wait for the next one <bites nails>

I too just saw the first four hours and.. good lord. Good lord. Good lord. I thought it was better than the first four hours of Day 5, and they were impeccable. So many awesome Jack Bauer moments, plenty of 24 cliches but a general vibe that this season is going to be a lot different. There's far more ambiguity this time around.

Really? Are the hours that good? I found the link to download them, but I really didn't care enough to. The official "trailer" for the season almost seems like a 24 parody, rather than actual 24.

Gah....now I don't know. Can I hold out and wait another week to watch them?

Guest Starks

I'll keep this relatively Spoiler Free:

First impressions were that season 6 was suffering the same problems as seasons 4 & 5. The writers are out of ideas and are simply covering old ground once again. CTU interpersonal bullshit preventing people from doing their Jobs - Check. The President's family stirring up shit and generally being a pain in the ass - Check. A Presidential adviser constantly at odds with and undermining the President - Check. Jack Bauer going "Rogue" and off grid - Check. The only initial highlights were Kieffer returning to his "Lost Boys" roots, a terrorist plot that is far more "low-tech", practical and realistic, and Jack showing the effects of being tortured for years in China - not dismissing them by the time episode 2 starts.

Unfortunately the show seems alot more "preachy" then previous seasons. Sure in past seasons they have explored current issues and dilemmas facing the world, but in these early episodes it seems far more forced and unnatural to the characters.

Best addition to the cast this season is Alexander Siddig (Kingdom of Heaven, Syriana). I'm pleased they didn't make his character a one dimensional villain like Marwan or Vladimir Bierko. He has brought a depth to his character in a short amount of time - hopefully he will be around for the long haul.

I was skeptical that this season might be traveling down the same well worn, predictable, cliched path as Seasons 4 & 5 - which I rate as the two weakest seasons so far (my order goes 1,3,2,5,4 for those wondering).

The final 10 minutes of 4th hour blows those notions out the window. This episode reminds me of previous high points such as the season 1 finale, the attack on CTU early in season 2 and the prison break episode and Chappel's death in season 3. There appears to be a clear predetermined plan and direction for season 6 at work - less making it up as they go - and for the first time in years I'm anxious to know what is going to happen next, cause I damn sure can't predict it. This setup has given "24" more potential then the program has shown in years.

Jack is back indeed.

Great first two, but really just a set up to tomorrow.

Two great kills: Vampire Jack and Jack kicking the suicide bomber out of the back of the train leaving him to kill only himself. Both of them made me say Jack Bauer out loud, which is one of my favorite things to do when watching TV.

God, I missed 24.

And Kumar is a fucking terrorist. How about it?

Just watched the opening two hours. WOWOWOW was that awesome. Seriously, this looks like it's going to be way better than Season 5. I love what they're doing with Jack now where he gets himself up and does the most awesome thing ever one minute (killing a man with his teeth while handcuffed to a chair!?! Crazy!), and then just has nothing left a minute later. You can really see the toll everything's taken on him. Also liked the twist where Kumar looks like the innocent victim at first and turns out to be a terrorist. Anyway, great opening two hours.

If I had one complaint, it would be the subplot with Wayne Palmer's sister. Completely stupid and unnecessary. Still though, that's a minor complaint. The awesome parts of the show were so awesome that I can live with one or two things being a little off.