TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

24 - Season 6

Curious what dates exactly were mentioned in Season 2. Did they actually say it was 2005? I really didn't think they meant to have it very far in the future at that point. I would have thought that the 2000-2009 timeline fit much better.

Fayed wasn't in the warehouse at the end?

I do believe he got the hell out of dodge just in time.

He was leaving as he told "Kumar" to kill the son. which was 9:31, so he got about a 20 minute jump on the blast.

He said he was going to the safe house, so I bet he had a bunker of some sort set up.

You know, thinking about it... it's gonna be really sad when Chloe gets killed. No one lasts forever on this show.

Curious what dates exactly were mentioned in Season 2. Did they actually say it was 2005? I really didn't think they meant to have it very far in the future at that point. I would have thought that the 2000-2009 timeline fit much better.

From wikipedia (I dont have time to go back and scour over fine details like this) The guy Kim was running from had a credit card which had an expiration date of 2007. I know I had mine issued in 2003 and it expires this year and most credit cards are valid for 4 years (yeah I know there are some that are longer). Aaron Pierce also stated he had been in the secret service for 20 years and started during Regan's second term which began in 1985. Wikipedia actually goes by the show starting in 2002 but thats just not possible because the California Presidential Primary wouldnt take place in 2002, so their dates are wrong for each of the first 5 days..its gotta be either 2000 or 2004 for the start of day 1.

dont have time to type this up myself:

Also, in Season 3 it is noted that Jack's mission in Kosovo, in which he believed Stephen Saunders to be killed, happened eight years prior to that point in the series. Seeing as the U.S.-NATO military intervention in Kosovo occurred in 1999/2000 and that that season takes place during a Presidential election year, it can be assumed that Season 3 takes place in 2008. Therefore, since Palmer is running for his second term in 2008, then he was first elected in 2004, and this is when Season 1 takes place.

So my timeline seems to be accurate.

You know, I loved last night's episodes and all, but I really wish they had done one simple thing--kept Roger Cross (Curtis) in the regular cast, where he was last year. With him being just a guest star, I kind of anticipated something bad might happen. Didn't think it would be that bad, but still. I guess that's all contractual negotiations.

I just love how it takes a nuclear frickin explosion to get Jack's head in the game.

If they kill Chloe, I hope they make her take Milo along as well. That guy is downright annoying.

And before this season is over, I'm taking a wild guess that Assad makes one hell of a turn back to the darkside. Then Jack can live with the realization he killed Curtis for nothing.

Wikipedia actually goes by the show starting in 2002 but thats just not possible because the California Presidential Primary wouldnt take place in 2002, so their dates are wrong for each of the first 5 days..its gotta be either 2000 or 2004 for the start of day 1.

Wouldn't be the first time they changed things for a show, they did it on The West Wing, the show started in '99 and they were in the middle of there first year in office which would mean the election was in '98

This seasons looks pretty good because it looks like they are trying something different.

I said to myself when I was watching it last night "If these guys had any balls, they set off the nuclear bomb." Well they do and now I'm hooked.

So how many nukes actually get set off this season?

Still got four more left. Do you think anymore get set off?

I'm waiting on the "CTU gets destroyed or severely compromised, leading to a big death" scene around hour 7 or 8. And if it happens, Chloe might have a problem.

This seasons looks pretty good because it looks like they are trying something different.

I said to myself when I was watching it last night "If these guys had any balls, they set off the nuclear bomb." Well they do and now I'm hooked.

Also nice that they're having attacks happen in other parts of the country and not just LA, was starting to wonder if other Cities existed in the 24 world, heh

They always seem to end hour 4 pretty big don't they?

This is the first season I've watched on DVD, otherwise I've been zipping through the DVDs. Now loving Wayne as president, but otherwise I'm digging this season so far

QUESTION...

President Keeler wasn't killed was he? Back in season 4 wasn't he just hurt? Did I remember that wrong or what>

I don't remember them saying if he died or not...

I like Chole's obnoxiousness. I don't like the ex being thrown in out of nowhere last season.

They offed Edgar, Tony, and Michelle last season, so I guess they had to fill the spots at CTU

QUESTION...

President Keeler wasn't killed was he? Back in season 4 wasn't he just hurt? Did I remember that wrong or what>

I don't remember them saying if he died or not...

Alive, but unfit to continue his duties as President...

I'm waiting on the "CTU gets destroyed or severely compromised, leading to a big death" scene around hour 7 or 8. And if it happens, Chloe might have a problem.

But they did that just last season, so I don't think they will rehash that plot so quickly.

I seriously don't know what's going to happen with the remaining bombs. Maybe three get set off and the last one is set to go right in front of the White House, but Jack makes the big save and tears all the terrorists' jugulars out with his teeth.

But they did that just last season, so I don't think they will rehash that plot so quickly.

I seriously don't know what's going to happen with the remaining bombs. Maybe three get set off and the last one is set to go right in front of the White House, but Jack makes the big save and tears all the terrorists' jugulars out with his teeth.

CTU also got blown up in season 2, where Sara Gilbert's charcter died

Curtis is all kinds of dead. Chloe asked Morris "Why do people I know always die?". Jack Bauer doesn't know how to not shoot to kill. If the bullet doesn't get 'em it was because the wind shifted it.

I always feel bad for Chloe. No one treats her like a person; she's like Jack's living, breathing, PDA.

The worst was when somebody (Buchanan?) was explaining something, and he said something like "We only have...*looks at Chloe...Chole says 7* 7 hours to go."

The music made the nuke seen going off unbelieveably surreal and all..but this is now the 2nd damn time Jack Bauer's been exposed directly to nuclear radiation from a nuclear bomb blast.

They clearly said that the place was like 20 miles away from the suburbs Jack was in and it was a "small nuclear bomb" (that just sounds odd to say) so I would doubt that the radius would be that far. The first one....wasn't he pretty freakin far away when that went off also?

I didn't see a spoiler but when Jack and Curtis first argued over the guy I know Curtis was a goner. People are saying it was out of character for Curtis, but seroiusly, everyone has a breaking point. Not everyone is Jack Bauer and could work with their proverbial Nina Myers without snapping. Only difference between Jack and Curtis is that Jack waited until he was done with Nina and Henderson helping him before he shot them. Curtis was not interested in waiting. Plus, Curtis goes through something tramatic with terrorist and then goes on to be in CTU. That event was probably the reason for hisprofessional existance. of course he wanted to off the guy.

Jack whispering "Please" as he reaimed was the saddest part for me. ANd the music kicked all kinds of ass. Is Christophe Beck doing the score this year or something?

Olberman just did a bit talking about why he thinks the show is "Right Wing Propaganda."

Normally, I like Olberman, but seriously dude, shut the fuck up. Its a fucking TV show, not right-wing brainwashing.

The 2nd nuke went off, Jack was behind the huge rock out in the desert when Mason blew himself up so he wasnt that far away.

At first, when they were showing the terrorist attacks in other cities, I was like..they finally solved the "terrorists don't know there are other cities in the U.S. besides L.A." issue thats always been my biggest complaint about the show. They also had the president working out of the damn White House for the first time instead of a retreat or a bunker or air force one.

The problem I have is that I totally do not buy Wayne Palmer as president. Could he have been elected soley because he was the brother of the former president who got shot? I doubt it..even less likely because David wasn't President when he got killed. He was the Chief of Staff for David's Presidency but that hardly is credentials enough to merit being elected. It'd be nice if they did something with David's son Keith and Daughter Nicole, who, aside from Keith having a cameo in the first episode of day 2, havent been heard from since.

Also, I like the fact they brought back Milo from Day 1, but they need to ditch Morris..he's the most annoying character on the show right now.

Also, unless Im really going deaf, I haven't heard the CTU phone ring yet this season..

Someone said something about ending hour 4 pretty big..its never always been like that..its hard to believe this is only the 2nd year they've done the 2 night 4 hour premiere thing.

Olberman just did a bit talking about why he thinks the show is "Right Wing Propaganda."

Normally, I like Olberman, but seriously dude, shut the fuck up. Its a fucking TV show, not right-wing brainwashing.

Olberman knows that Keeler and Logan were Republicans, right?

Olberman knows that Keeler and Logan were Republicans, right?

I wonder if Wayne is a Democrat like David was?

I always appreciated the nice touch that David Palmer was a senator from Maryland.

Yeah. I don't think I can buy Wayne as president. I think they just wanted to give us someone that people already know.

Where's Aaron? I want to see him this season. He's my favorite minor character.