TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

24 - Season 6

No fucking way. Like, 100% no fucking way it's Mandy. In fact, it's wishful thinking but beyond stupid for people to even believe that it could be her.

Why not? She never died and was connected to Graham Bauer in the first attempt at killing President Palmer (I believe at the end of season 2 IIRC - wasn't she shown talking on the phone to Graham or am I thinking of someone else) - it would totally tie into things from the past.

Some news on the upcoming film and rest of this season, from darkhorizons.com

Director Jon Cassar, who has shot more than a full two seasons of the hit series "24", has talked to iF Magazine about the remainder of Season Six and the plans for the still in the works movie version.

In regards to the film he says "It won't happen in the hiatus this year. It is in the script stage right now, there is a script" and he confirms that "The way it's written now, there's no connection [to the series narrative], but that might change"

The real time concept will be used in the film after all, but only partially - "I think the idea is to do an hour of it that sets it up where you can go around the world and set up a story in normal film time, and probably the last hour will be in real time"

Would he direct? "They've talked to me about directing, there's no deal in place, and I really don't want to say until there is one" he says.

At present they're currently shooting Episode 18 of the sixth season at the moment. He revealed that Audrey (Kim Raver) is being talked about in regards to returning and her character gets mentioned in a surprising way sometime in episodes next month.

The bargain with the Chinese to get back Jack will come back into play several more times, and President Palmer will stay in Washington though more than one person looks likely to be transferring between the LA & Washington locations in the season.

Mandy was definetly NOT talking to Graham on the phone.

And I think that somebody, anybody would notice the fact that somebody who attempted to kill President Palmer just strolled right into their bunker like nothing was going on.

Mandy was definetly NOT talking to Graham on the phone.

And I think that somebody, anybody would notice the fact that somebody who attempted to kill President Palmer just strolled right into their bunker like nothing was going on.

I dont think they were ever able to determine WHO tried to kill Palmer on that attempt since he was shaking so many peoples' hands.

Who was Mandy talking to on the phone then after she poisoned Palmer? I swear it was him....going to go look back on the DVDs to see who this in fact was.

I may be blanking out on old villians, but whoever was talking to Mandy, I have no idea who this guy is. Definately wasn't Graham. He looks vagualy familiar from another season, but can't put my finger on it. Can anyone help?

I may be blanking out on old villians, but whoever was talking to Mandy, I have no idea who this guy is. Definately wasn't Graham. He looks vagualy familiar from another season, but can't put my finger on it. Can anyone help?

You're thinking of Max from Season 2. It was implied at the start of Season 3 that he was captured ans sent to prison for his role in the attempted assasination of President David Palmer. He was never killed off, so there is always a chance he could return.

From what I understand, Max actually died in 24: The Video Game which bridged the gap between Seasons 2 and 3. So I don't think we're going to be seeing him here.

I'm not sure why everybody is presuming that the assassin is going to be a character from a previous season. Personally, my guess is Rick Schroder -- wasn't he rumored to be a major character this season? He has to appear sometime.

I could be wrong about Schroder's role, but I thought he is going to come in to take over the role Curtis had as Head Of Field Ops or something. Like I said, I could be wrong.

Logan was interesting.

And I can't believe the bomb actually went off. I was expecting a dud. I wonder if Assad is going to make it?

Fuck that ending. I could give two shits about Wayne being alive (even though he grew a pair in this episode) but I'll be fucking PISSED if Assad is dead. I think he survives only because they him around to tell the President about the bomb going off. I'm assuming that nobody outside Assad and Wayne survived because otherwise Assad would have an alibi that he was no the bomber.

Overall a solid if unspectacular episode. I hate the Boozy Morris storyline because the only place it will lead is going to be Morris fucking something up big time and him getting let go and possibly killing himself. The interactions with Bauer, Logan and the Russian Consul next week should be fun.

I liked Bart Simpson being Morris' sponsor.

EDIT: Some things are bothering me, though. Like, why did Tom give them a real itinerary if he was going to turn them in all along? Why even go through with any of it?

I liked Bart Simpson being Morris' sponsor.

EDIT: Some things are bothering me, though. Like, why did Tom give them a real itinerary if he was going to turn them in all along? Why even go through with any of it?

He wasn't obviously. He was all ready to help them until President Palmer pulled him aside and told him that he still valued his opinion. Now he's just trying to be stoic for god knows what reason, maybe to keep from admitting to himself that he aided the plot.

Everything that ever happens when they go to a presidential bunker--be it this season or other seasons--looks so cheap. What a shitty set.

I too will be pissed if Assad is gone, even if he's been written pretty dully since his return. I'm not sure this season is at any point going to live up to the potential of that first 4-hour chunk.

Ok, fuck this season. Fuck it. I can give less then two shits now that Assad is dead. Not only did they kill off arguably the most intriguing character on the show they did it in a very anticlimactic way.

When the season started off with Fayed telling Jack that Assad had come to the States to stop him I figured we'd finally get somebody who can match Bauer AND manage to live past episode ten. Shows what I know.

Yeah it sucks Assad died but I actually liked this episode.

Plus Jack cut off a guy's finger w/ a cigar cutter. That's always a bonus.

Come on, Bauer has an explosive blow up right in his face, yet he doesn't have a scratch on him? Really good episode.

I've noticed the show has a Presidential assassination attempt every season. Season 3 is the exception, but Palmer did decide to resign.

Who's the actress playing Lisa, the Veep's assistant? I know I've seen her before but I can't remember where, and it's driving me nuts.

Decent if unspectacular season so far. The end of Hour 4 was so promising, but like the magic pill in Season 3, all of Jack's problems have just kind of vanished. Going from "I can't do this anymore" in tears back to ass-kicking Bauer in 3 seconds... meh.

I don't mind so much them killing Assad, but I would've liked something a little better than "He's dead, let's move on".

Oddly enough, I'm digging Lennox's plot more than anything else right now. I was pleasantly surprised when he turned himself in and ratted Reed out, and I'm hoping they find some way to keep things interesting with him in the bunker.

Yeah, I'm wondering what will happen to Reed and Carson now that The V.P. clearly is pinning the assassination atempt on the late Assad in order to implement Tom's new policies. Will we see them again, or will they simply vanish without explanation like so many characters have done in the past?