TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

24 - Season 6

Yeah, that episode was a huge improvement. Just watched it now. The thing I don't get though is why the Chinese would want (mild spoiler from the preview)

a component from the nuclear bombs. Don't they have nuclear technology that's just as advanced as what the Americans have already? I really don't see what Jack can give them that would be worthwhile. Well, unless they just want Jack to come back so they can imprison him again and the nuclear thing's a bonus.

Jack pointing the gun at the guy, realizing he was alone, taking a deep breath and saying fuck it was one of the more badass moments ever. He knew it was about to take some shit to get out of there. Plus the music was perfect for the scene. And Doyles "Damn, Jack." was what I am sure everyone was thinking.

This week - eh.

Next week - probably gonna rock.

I thought the scene with Wayne having a stroke (which was pretty funny, btw) and then Noah putting the envelope back into his pocket was very well done. I also really enjoyed how they ALL realized that Jack wasn't going to listen to the order. At least after 6 seasons they realize.

Yeah, that was a pretty good goddamn hour. I think this season as a whole has been good once you saw where everything was going. As singular episodes, not as strong, but as a whole product, pretty fucking good. These last two eps have been especially good.

Plus, rouge Bauer....we have gone too long without you...well...except for that part where he went to save the converted terrorist earlier this year, but that was for what....half an hour?

Are we ever going to find out what Bill and Curtis were talking about in the premiere when they said "we had to give up a lot to get Jack out"? I'm guessing that was just planted so the writers would have an out for some crazy situation they hadn't thought of yet, but that they were able to brush it off when Audrey's show on ABC got canceled and they could bring in this storyline instead.

You know whats funny though. they have been calling the Chinese corrupt assholes for 3 years now. Suprised we havent' seen any protest.

I didn't dislike the episode. I was REALLY down on 24 earlier in the year when Jack's dad and brother were running a muck. It was the first time ever that I actually wasn't looking forward to watching the episodes.

It's picked up a ton, lately with last week's episode being one of my favorites. The reasons I said eh to this one:

1) Nothing really happened on Jack's front except a set up for next week - which is why I think next week will rock

2) The Presidential stuff was a little flat for me (except the scene I mentioned earlier)

3) Morris/Chloe stuff was mildly annoying

I mean - it was a decent enough episode but only an eh for me. (A little pitchy in spots. I don't know dog, it was only alright for me).

Jacks conversation with the President was right up there with some of his David Palmer conversations. I personally wasn't feeling president DB Woodside until he came back out of the coma and started giving some spirited performances. That convo with Jack where he pulled the YOU OWE ME card was great as well as the revelation that Jack will kill him and everyone around him just to make sure this works.

The presidents stroke, though predictable, was great, although you already admitted that.

I kinda like the Cloe stuff too. Especially Bill casually telling her that he can't trust her.

It was a transition ep but one of the better ones.

Morris: Anything else?

Chloe: Yeah, don't arm nuclear bombs for terrorists.

Ouch.

Good episode. Audrey is now a retard and Doyle fucked up everything. Way to go, champ. The Chinese don't fuck around, what with their rocket launchers and such.

Yeah. Doyle fucking stuff up.

Chloe pulled a "woman" and took a cheap shot to win the argument.

Chloe's all about the cheap shots. Glad to see that back, actually. Although I could do with less of the creepy love shit with Daniels and the blonde bitch.

Jack at the end was priceless, though, giving Doyle shit for CTU (and the government) not trusting him to do the right thing.

Chloe's all about the cheap shots. Glad to see that back, actually. Although I could do with less of the creepy love shit with Daniels and the blonde bitch.

Jack at the end was priceless, though, giving Doyle shit for CTU (and the government) not trusting him to do the right thing.

Daniel's look after the alien fish left was something. She and Tom are the two people that know what he tried to pull and he probably is blaming her right now.

Jack Bauer needs a change of scenery, so where should he go?

Posted Apr 25th 2007 6:43PM by Meredith O'Brien

Filed under: 24

TV Guide's report that 24 writers are "seriously considering" moving

Jack Bauer to a new city for his next very bad day -- otherwise known

as season 7 -- got me to thinking.

If I were to pick a city in which to unleash America's intrepid

terrorist fighter, which one would it be?

My first thought was Boston. During the great siege of the Aqua Teen

Hunger Force Lite-Bright boards that prompted a shut-down of large

parts of the city earlier this year, Boston certainly could've used

Jack Bauer to beat back those nefarious cartoon characters. Plus, I

could definitely see a scene with Jack using Fenway Park as a place to

rendezvous with a terrorist, who would, of course, be wearing a

Yankees cap.

Or it might be fun to send Jack to New York City where he could meet

up with the folks from Heroes and tell them he's takin' back Monday

nights. Dammit! Plus, the dude who absorbs everyone's superpowers and

is shown blowing up like a nuclear bomb in some Heroes scenes is a

threat to national security.

There's always Washington, D.C., where Jack could go all political and

beat the stuffing out of anyone who wants to reduce the black ops

budget or cut back on CTU funding.

Washington or New York would be cool. Probably best to move out of LA, in the 24 verse that place is so dangerous it's beyond me why anyone wants to live there.

What's everyone's thought's on who the new Director of CTU will be now that Buchannan's out.(Probably for the rest of this season, at least). Nadia said Division will be sending over a replacement. I'm betting it's someone we've already met before in a previous season/seasons. Maybe Novick or Erin Driscoll?

Slow thread this year.

Good episode. The Audrey stuff was over the top, a bit. But I liked Doyle taking a willing rear naked choke and then Nadia stepping up to the Dr.

The end w/ the Secretary of Defense was pretty bad ass. At first I was thinking, you're threatening Jack Bauer... bitch please. But when he said that everything that Jack touches dies... well that's a dagger right there.

I loved this episode. President Noah went from creepy bad guy to jilted sympathetic lover in one episode, and I was with him the whole way. Nice to see Heller back, and not taking any guff from Bauer.

Felt like a lot happened this week.

Is it me, or was the room Jack took Audrey to the one that Teri died in?

I think it was - she was dead in the corner there, around those pipes. Oh the irony, if thats the case.

I thought Heller died in a car crash or something? I marked when he showed up just for the simple fact I thought he died last season or something.

I marked out big for James Heller because he's one of my all-time favorite supporting characters. He was so badass in Season 4, trying to break out and then fighting right along side Jack when he busted in to rescue them.

But man oh man, that line at the end to Jack was fucking harsh.

Michael Shanks of Stargate SG1 shows up, bangs the President's Aid and gets caught sending info to the Russians. Welcome to 24 Michael, I don't think you will be staying long.

Heller still needs a good throat choppin for being a sellout bitch last season. That ended my love of the character right there. Fucking asshole.

I LOVE what they did with Doyles character there and Booth did a wonderful job going for tough and gruff to vunerable and sympathtic, right back to ruthless when telling alien fish lady what he would do if she tried to talk about their relationship. That is character depth right there.