TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

24 - Season 6

I had both those thoughts--that she's either not dead, or not dead and evil. Frankly I'd prefer she be dead, though--could make the second half of the season more interesting.

I also saw something I liked last night between Gredenko and Fayed. With the exception of the short-lived Salazar brothers, the show's never really had villains working in tandem but slightly at odds with each other too, not for any length of time. I expect one of them to kill the other within the next couple hours though, so another interesting dynamic goes by the wayside.

I just assumed Audrey was traded along with some other things for Jack's life.

And what the hell was UP with his brother's wife? I mean seriously I know she hated her husband and all, but come on. It was still Jack's brother and he's been dead less than six hours. You think she could wait a day to move in on Jack.

I hope that Audrey really is dead so that next year Jack can follow through with his promise of exacting revenge against the entire people's republic of China. It would truly be a glorious season.

The moment that Jack kills that toad faced ambassador will truly be a happy one.

I love how Chloe just straight up told Morris that she was checking his breath for alcohol without even trying to hide it in the least.

And is it just me or did Nadia transform from being really hot to looking almost evil while she was being interrogated. It was actually a little too obvious of a transition.

Well I'm sure I'm just about the only one, but I hope that Audrey is not dead AND not evil. I've always liked the character, the actress that plays her, and the way the character interacts and affects Jack.

As for line of the night, I literally laughed out loud and almosted choked at:

Karen - "Did someone push you down some stairs?"

Tom - "No Karen, I tripped over your ineptitude..."

Guest ICHIBAN~!
I am bored with the character of Jack Bauer. I'm getting sick of seeing him strut around with back up teams, and easy access to help. Bill Buchanan getting on his knees and blowing Jack everytime he opens his mouth. Jack needs to be left somewhere with no backup and no help in sight. Some kind of "Behind Enemy Lines" style plot.

Abso-bloody-exactly. This season's gone down the shitter.

Um - not too sure what to think about Brady. A little over the top but I actually thought they were going to go through with it and smoke him when he was too dumb to follow orders. They went the safe route but it was a little interesting.

And Wayne goes from crashing and needing "days to weeks" to be in a medically induced coma to being back COMPLETELY normal and resuming duties as commander in chief within 15 minutes. Love it.

Well, this is 24, not the birthplace, but definitely where the miraculous heal feels most comfortable. I mean, shit, Morris took a drill bit a decent way into his back, and was back at work about an hour later. Tony got shot in the neck like two seasons ago and was perfectly fine about three hours later.

List is too long to start in with Jack.

I marked out for Milo just going for it. That's ballin'. In the middle of a nuclear crisis and the man still needs to get his.

WTF is up with Doyle's boy helping him, only to turn on him? Clearly they've got history but it's an odd way of showing us this.

This was a pretty good episode, with tons of twists. Loved Tom blackmailing the VP and the whole Gredenko thing from having his arm cut off up until he croaked on the beach.

I really liked tonight's episode. They kept swerving us big time until it lead up to the ultimate swerve of the President just doing what the VP wanted to do anyway. This season has gotten SO much better after its slow start (minus the nuke of course).

I agree, this episode didn't make up for last week's, but was pretty damn solid. Loved the twists in the Palmer/VP storyline, I totally thought Wayne would collapse/die after the court handed down their decision, and I was pretty shitty about it. But then, a 24 swerve, and everything is sweet again.

I thought it was cool, because he never said anything since he woke up about not nuking the Middle East. He was just pissed that they said to do it without his consent. That was a very nice swerve indeed.

I wonder how big of a role Doyle is going to play in this show from now on. His whining about not finding the truth or some shit added character depth that they don't give to guys they don't plan on keeping around...well...they did give Hobbit his druggy sister....but besides that, they usually don't acknowledge peoples life unless they will be around.

We still need to find out what happened in Colorado w/ Doyle, both Nadia and Milo mentioned it and he's also got that weird beef with the CTU techie who found the chip last week.

So........how's about that President Logan getting stabbed?

I would have agreed with you as late as last year, but Jack's barely a character anymore. This season he's just become a cipher for badassery and whatever mission needs to be accomplished, without any of the personality or macabre inventiveness that made him so great. He also doesn't have anyone to care about anymore, no weakness. Ultimately, everything he did for three years was about Kim, and then Audrey stepped in as the placeholder he loves who needs protection. The change isn't surprising considering how season 5 went down (his friends and the few people he trusts die; he kills his former mentor; he realizes the President, symbol of the country, is a terror; he gets dragged off to China and taken away from humanity). Season 5 hardwired him for two emotions and courses of action--hopelessness and revenge--but season 6 hasn't played on any of that outside of the first four episodes and his revelation about Audrey's death. It's very disappointing to me, because this is the first year that formula feels really, really, really played out, where the writers haven't managed too add much of anything.

24 could carry on without Jack if it had a total scenario change--no more L.A., etc. But Ricky Schroder definitely isn't the guy to carry the torch.

I personally don't see people tuning every week for the adventures of melted faced silver spoons guy. At least he could change the fucking hair style, geebus. I keep expecting Alfonso Ribeiro to just randomly walk out and start dancing like Michael Jackson.

Good episode, loved the fake rescue attempt but I figured that Fayed would know it was a setup and find a way out.

Jack taking on the warehouse and the ensuing battle with Fayed was ma'fuckin gangsta.

Prez iz dead in the next episode or two, bet that. We need to see the VP going buck on the Middle East.

Well, there's--hopefully--the format change this show so desperately needs. Though I wish it happened with a little more than the 7 hours or so we have left in the season.

That was one of the best episodes of 24 I can recall off the top of my head in a very long time.

"Say hello to your brother" and that entire scene was incredible.

And I can not WAIT until Jack kills that toad faced fucker.