TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

24 - Season 6

They've been doing their best to attempt it the last two seasons. I really think they've stepped up their game, lately. Besides, new locations this year will add some spice in addition to the storyline.

This reminds me of every other season. I just can't get into it anymore.

Besides, nothing will top season 1.

You must not have watched the trailer. This is going to be completely unique from the other seasons. It looks like the movie "Crank" without the drug cocktail.

Can't bloody wait for the new season, man is Monday gonna be packed, Prison Break, Heroes, Studio 60 and 24!

Prison Break will be done by the time 24 premieres..well..um..no..the last 10 episodes will start back up around the same time as the last 10 of 24.

Last night was awesome though.

I'm ready for 24. I wonder how long he's going to be running around with the Ted Kaczynski beard.

I'm ready for 24. I wonder how long he's going to be running around with the Ted Kaczynski beard.

Well..they cant sacrifice 5 minutes to have him go to the bathroom or 10 to eat..I cant see them giving up the time it would take to shave it off..

They do show it, I bet. It's probably the scene where they show him taking off his shirt w/ the full beard. I bet it's a full blown getting ready for battle scene that's practically straight out of Rambo.

Bill Simmons quote in today's column was great, by the way.

"I couldn't have been more excited if Fox somehow managed to have $100 bills spit out of my TV."

Well..they cant sacrifice 5 minutes to have him go to the bathroom or 10 to eat..I cant see them giving up the time it would take to shave it off..

They'll probably just have it like season 2 where he was shaving in the mirror at the end of the premiere. After executing Goran and cutting his head off.

Guest Starks

Deadwood's Powers Boothe has been tapped to play the new vice president on Fox's "24". Boothe will play Noah Daniels, the vice president under new U.S. President Wayne Palmer (D.B. Woodside). Variety reports that the role will be recurring.

----------

The new supporting cast members for this season are a step above most TV fare:

- Peter MacNicol (Ghostbusters II , Ally McBeal, NUMB3RS)

- Alexander Siddig (Kingdom of Heaven, Syriana)

- James Cromwell (L.A. Confidential, Six Feet Under, The Sum Of All Fears)

- Kal Penn (Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle, Superman Returns, Van Wilder)

- Harry Lennix (The Matrix Sequels, Ray, Commander in Chief)

- the return of Eric Balfour (24: Day 1)

- and now Powers Boothe (Deadwood, Sin City)

Hopefully the writers will come up with a better effort than weak offerings of seasons 4 & 5.

Alexander Siddig is an exceptional actor, I hope they don't limit him to playing a simple variation of "Just another Terrorist"

Eh I was expecting a little more plot advancement then that. Still pretty decent, if mostly a commercial for Toyota.

But imagine how Jack felt...

thinking that you are free after 7 solid months of torturing, only for it to turn out to be a trap. He's gonna be so mentally fucked up come Day 6.

Eh I was expecting a little more plot advancement then that. Still pretty decent, if mostly a commercial for Toyota.

The triumphant music that played when they unveiled the hidden Toyota was perhaps the funniest moment in 24 ever.

An interesting heads up on Day 5 DVD set..it'll be $19.99 at Best Buy on the 24th (sunday) one day only (along with all the other Days as well as 1/2 off most of the HBO sets).

Good deal on Day 5 though, and if you bought it at BB earlier you can take it back and get the difference refunded to you.

An interesting heads up on Day 5 DVD set..it'll be $19.99 at Best Buy on the 24th (sunday) one day only (along with all the other Days as well as 1/2 off most of the HBO sets).

Good deal on Day 5 though, and if you bought it at BB earlier you can take it back and get the difference refunded to you.

I don't know where you got that info from, but the 24 sets should be on sale all week at 19.99. The HBO sets are one-day only on the 24th. I don't know if I should post my source

I don't know where you got that info from, but the 24 sets should be on sale all week at 19.99. The HBO sets are one-day only on the 24th. I don't know if I should post my source

All I heard about was for the 24th. If your BB is anything like mine though, they only had like 3 copies of the most recent 24 and Id be worried about waiting as well as people going for it there because they didnt get it as a gift on Tuesday which would be the worst day to get it (returns and etc). Im going to get up early (7 AM!) and get it and beat the crowd which shouldnt be too bad since its the Sunday before Christmas.

I got season 1 on dvd last year. It sat around for a couple of months and I finally started it. Needless to say I was hooked and went through the first 4 seasons pretty quickly. I just finished up 5 and can't wait for 6.

PERSONALLY this is how I rank the seasons

season 3

season 4

season 1

season 5

season 2

and with 2 being my least favorite make no mistake, I freaking loved it.

I think my rankings would shake out like this:

Season 1

Season 5

Season 4

Season 3

Season 2

1 barely edges 5. 2 is easily last, although I still enjoyed it.