TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

My Chemical Romance

Ok - unlike most of the other thread I start in this folder... I don't like this band. And I thought they were laughably, hilariously bad on Saturday Night Live.

But then I checked the reviews for this album and it's being called an American masterpiece and things of that nature.

What?

Can anybody give any insight into this insanity?

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Then some stupid magazine decides they're really good, they're a tinseltown rebellion band from downtown hollywood.

Then some stupid magazine decides they're really good, they're a tinseltown rebellion band from downtown hollywood.

I dunno about anyone else, but I certainly marked for this. Semi-obscure Frank Zappa references FTW!

If it weren't for a few other bands, they'd be in my worst band on Earth right now. They're up there though.

If My Chemical Romance is anything other than a comedy act, then they're awful. How can bands that dress up so hilariously and write such awful music be anything BUT a comedy act? I mean, it's one thing to write a song about self-loathing and being on the brink of insanity, but to just flat-out call it "I'm Not Okay"? That's pure comical genius.

...unless they're like Panic! At The Disco and take themselves even semi-seriously...then we have a problem...

So, who's more ridiculous with their look... The Killers or My Chemical Romance?

At least the Killers have a few shreds of talent to back their Will Rogers Follies look.

Guest bobrock29

I dunno about anyone else, but I certainly marked for this. Semi-obscure Frank Zappa references FTW!

First thing I thought about too...