TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

WWE announces 2007 DVDs

- The Ric Flair & The Four Horsemen DVD set will be released in June.

Credit: PWInsider.com via 411mania.com

- The Ric Flair & The Four Horsemen DVD set will be released in June.

Credit: PWInsider.com via 411mania.com

Per WWEshop.com, it's coming out April 10th.

http://www.wweshop.com/Product_detail.asp?...ductId=35-00561

yea the new wwe magazine even has it in the shopzone insert.

Got the NWO 07 dvd last night, the only extras are a Chavo Post-match comments, quick 1 min Ashleys playboy shoot package, plus Cena/Michaels/Batista/Undertaker vs Rated RKO/MVP/Kennedy from the 2/15/07 Thursday RAW (and its a damn good and fun 8 man tag to be honest) I forget did NWO have a theme song this year? cuz the dvd has generic rock on it.

K-mart is advertising the Horsemen dvd (out Tuesday) for $14.99.

awesome

Guest Greg Valentine

Circuit City is also advertising $14.99 for the Horsemen set, while Best Buy has it at $19.99.

Just got done watching the 4 Horsemen documentary. Paul Roma steals the show when he refers to Arn Anderson as The Pillsbury Doughboy and Ric Flair as 97 years old. As you can imagine, everyone bashes on Roma. Basically, Roma's side of the story is that he wasn't the type to go out every night, get drunk, and take his pants off at every bar.

The dvd made liberal references to how the Horsemen banged chicks every night.

Definitely a nice piece w/ interviews from Flair, AA, Blanchard, HHH, JR, Michaels, JJ Dillon, Hayes, Steamboat, Rhodes, Ellering, Bischoff, Teddy Long, Lawler, Roma, and Barry & Kendall Windham.

People in wrestling still talk with Roma? I thought he was banned from the business after his antics with Alex Wright. And JJ Dillon is on this too? Awesome.

What were Steve Lombardi's thoughts on the Horsemen?

Roma actually got interviewed. Wasn't much, just to give his side when everyone else bashed him. Don't worry, Luger and Sid are treated as if they were cancers to the 4 Horsemen w/ their only strength being their respective looks.

Lombardi's thoughts must have been wrapped in an apropos Easter Egg . . . since he wasn't in the main feature. Although there is a Tim Horner acknowledgement during the feature.

damn too bad im off for two days (tuesday and wednes) Im sure theyll be one left for me, cuz at my CC we get in alot of copies of each wwe dvd (except for the dx one which sold out all 10 copies and hasnt come back, and the rumble set which we got like 4 of and Im the only one who has bought it there seemingly)

the clip on raw got me pumped for it.

Best part was that they showed how the fans of the 4 horseman originally were college frat guys who dressed up in blazers and ties and had signs like "Support your local Horsemen". Damn cool.

I know Flair used to talk about women in his promos all the time back then (and stylin' and profilin'), but I never remembered how much he outright referred to banging chicks and sex acts/impressions as much as he did during his promos back then. Damn.

the first half of this was totally boring. does arn realise how big of a tool he sounds trying to put over predetermined, fantasy angles as real life? nothing was staged, it was all horsemen kicking ass & honestly breaking dustys arm. what a door knob. the second half was really good if only for showing was bitter, egomaniacs most of them became. the group itself became such a joke. and while paul roma may not have a glowing reputation in the business, his & tullys comments were the most sincere & honest of the bunch. at least they were realistic. well, and barry tsharing how flair fucked him over. but that was only 5 seconds.

Guest droptoehold

The dvd was entertaining.

Tully solidifies himself as the man, and Arn the complete opposite.

It was funny how everyone drove home the fact The Horsemen

dominated wrestling, but Flair was more anxious now that he is

divorced to tell the tales of all the ladies on the road. They definat;ly

lived it up, but im having a hard time seeing that tool Arn goin hard

on broads on the road, and Ole too. hahaha

2 questions

what the f--k happened to Paul Romas face?

who was the black scorpion supposed to be

and Flair said he wasnt even important enough

to mention, and he backed out last minute.

who was the black scorpion supposed to be

and Flair said he wasnt even important enough

to mention, and he backed out last minute.

They tried to imply that the Black Scorpion was the Ulimate Warrior. As far as I know, when the angle started they had no specific wrestler in place to actually be the Black Scorpion. The Angel of Death was considered for the role (and even played Scorpion at house shows) but either backed out or the company realized he wasn't a big enough name to carry the angle.

I didn't get the whole Windham interview in regards to Flair leaving WCW in 1991. There were zero plans whatsoever to put the world title on Windham at that point. It was obvious that Flair was going to job to Luger that year and Flair's reluctance to job to Luger was one of the reasons Herd fired Flair (which was still idiotic, if he wanted Flair gone he should have paid him however much to job at GAB 91 and then sent him packing). Windham was put in that spot against Luger just to have some token guy. He wasn't really a contender by 1991.

The main feature was hilarious in some aspects. It was like "Yeah baby we were selling out everywhere in the world!" and then about 5 minutes later it was "Well, the NWA and Crockett were going under so Turner had to buy the company." Truth be told, I think a lot of fans were fed up with the cheap booking of the NWA by 1988, the reluctance to finally job out the Horsemen, faces never getting the blowoff wins. That combined with Crockett's wild spending and his ill fated attempt to buy out the various NWA territories and the UWF sent JCP damn near into bankruptcy.

I wonder how Flair would respond to the following: Despite his loathing of Jim Herd the NWA/WCW had one of its best years quality wise in 1989 when the Horsemen had broken up. The sad irony is that the classic Horsemen group from 1985-88 never just got their asses kicked in a blowoff, so no money was really made in that regard. It was just as Tully said, one night he and Arn just dropped the belts to the Midnights in Philly and they were on their way to the WWF. No epic blowoff win for the Road Warriors. Flair's loss to Steamboat came after the Horsemen had broken up, and Windham ended up leaving for another of his ill fated periodic jumps to the WWF.

Another of Flair's claims was dubious to me. He said that the NWA had everything it took to compete equally with the WWF back then. HUH??? Take a look at the NWA's face side of the roster after Magnum TA had the car wreck. You had Dusty Rhodes and maybe guys like the RNR Express. Hell, Ricky Morton was main eventing some as a singles wrestler. It really wasn't until Sting's ascent in 1989-90 that they had a viable top face not named Rhodes.

I didn't get the whole Windham interview in regards to Flair leaving WCW in 1991. There were zero plans whatsoever to put the world title on Windham at that point.

Actually, the plan wound up being for Flair to drop the belt to Windham at a TV taping before the Bash and for Windham to defend the belt against Luger at the Bash. The irony in all that is that Windham was working without a contract.

I know Flair used to talk about women in his promos all the time back then (and stylin' and profilin'), but I never remembered how much he outright referred to banging chicks and sex acts/impressions as much as he did during his promos back then. Damn.

And he was married...

And he was married...

Shawn Kemp and the Ghost of Wilt Chamberlain called to say they was shocked that athletes and wrestlers cheat on their spouses while on the road.

Flair seemed positively giddy that a limo driver died on the job.

Was it Dusty who yelled "Make it look real" during the infamous arm breaking incident?

I was suprised that JJ Dillon was allowed to say Vince pushes his creations first.

I forgot Dusty's story about partying with John Belushi when the Horsemen walked into the bar.

Another of Flair's claims was dubious to me. He said that the NWA had everything it took to compete equally with the WWF back then. HUH??? Take a look at the NWA's face side of the roster after Magnum TA had the car wreck. You had Dusty Rhodes and maybe guys like the RNR Express. Hell, Ricky Morton was main eventing some as a singles wrestler. It really wasn't until Sting's ascent in 1989-90 that they had a viable top face not named Rhodes.

Actually, I think he said the NWA had the in ring talent/talkers and WWF had the marketing/characters. If they had the marketing of WWF behind them, then yadda yadda yadda, Hogan would be in the first match, etc.