TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

WWE announces 2007 DVDs

I thought the Piper DVD was fun to watch, pretty cool how much extras they added to the disc. I got the exclusive version from Circuit City. Sadly though, the 4th disc is only 12 minutes long containing 6 extra Piper's Pit segments.

Is Royal Rumble 2007 the first PPV Blockbuster started with the exclusive disc attached? I might have to start buying from them now.

For The 4 Horsemen DVD:

DISC ONE EASTER EGGS:

Ric Flair Promo from 1987. - Under 'Ric Flair, Wildest Night In The Business', left click twice.

Four Horsemen Promo from 1986 - Under the Extras menu, left click twice the chapter 'Four Horsemen Interviews' to get the bonus promo.

Commentary from Dusty Rhodes about Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard leaving the Four Horsemen. - Under 'Arn & Tully Leave' chapter, left click twice.

Commentary from Ric Flair about Eric Bischoff and how he reacted to Sting defeating Flair. - Under 'Four Horsemen 1996' chapter, left click twice.

DISC TWO EASTER EGGS:

JJ Dillion interview - Under the Extras menu, left click twice the chapter 'JJ Dillion's Ring' to get the bonus interview.

Is Royal Rumble 2007 the first PPV Blockbuster started with the exclusive disc attached? I might have to start buying from them now.

Yeah. The Rumble was the first one, so right now they have Rumble and No Way Out, which I know some stores already put some of their rentals out pre-viewed that I've seen. They get Mania tomorrow, but it doesn't look that promising, but then it lokos like the rest of the year, they will have Blockbuster exclusive bonus discs for the PPVs.

Ugh, the Roddy Piper DVD wasn't very good. There was WAY too much kayfabe going on with how they discussed the matches. His book is SOO much better and gives a much bigger insight.

I have had that sitting on my shelf since Christmas and haven't gotten around to it. That's disappointing, but how I felt with the Horseman DVD. I was so excited for it, but just felt like my intelligence was being insulted most the disc. Arn Anderson was justifying their "legit crime" of beating Dusty Rhodes in the parking lot.

Agreed, I wish they could have all been on the same page. Arn Anderson seemed to be in-character for his interview, while Ric Flair clearly wasn't and had alot to say about Eric Bischoff, Hulk Hogan, and Jim Herd. I liked his line that if the Four Horsemen had been in the WWF in the 80s, Hulk Hogan would've been a curtain-jerker.

Backlash DVD extras are:

Mr. Kennedy interviewed by Todd Grisham about Money in the Bank

RVD comments on Mr. McMahon becoming ECW Champion

The Blockbuster Exclusive content for Backlash is:

The segment from 4/16 RAW leading up to and including Santino Marella winning the IC title

Lashley vs. Umaga No DQ match - ECW 4/24

Guest droptoehold

I must say after picking up the latest WM, these guys really have

some of the best dvd production going. Also they have really been

on thier A game with the art for quite awhile.

Picked up the two pack of WM 23 and From The Vault - Shawn Michaels today. Pretty good deal, considering I've been wanting to get the beyond the vault for a while. Only bad thing is the WM is REALLY lacking. Only contains the PPV, no extras. The 2nd disc is just Cena vs HBK and then the montage of the PPV.

Picked up the two pack of WM 23 and From The Vault - Shawn Michaels today. Pretty good deal, considering I've been wanting to get the beyond the vault for a while. Only bad thing is the WM is REALLY lacking. Only contains the PPV, no extras. The 2nd disc is just Cena vs HBK and then the montage of the PPV.

Thats why they have a barebones and a OMFG! BEST WWE DVD EVAH!!!!! 3 disc version.

I'm probably not going to pick up either version this year. Takers title win is the only saving grace from the PPV for me.

There's 4 different editions of WM 23:

1.) The regular 2-disc set, which is barebones.

2.) The Limited Ultimate Edition - The really cool tin box containing the 3 disc set. Disc 1 is the PPV, Disc 2 is Cena Vs. Michaels and a shitload of extras listed below, and disc 3 is the 2007 Hall of Fame.

Promos

Ford Field announced as site of WrestleMania 23

WrestleMania 23 Countdown

Battle of the Billionaires

John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels

Undertaker vs. Batista

Superstars All Grown Up

Superstars

Edge

King Booker

Undertaker

WrestleMania Publicity

WrestleMania 23 Tickets Go On Sale

WrestleMania 23 Press Conference Highlights

WrestleMania 23 Press Conference Trump/McMahon Confrontation

The Lead In

Stone Cold announced as Special Guest Referee - RAW - 05/03/07

No Way Out Rematch: Cena / Michaels Vs. Batista / Undertaker - RAW - 26/03/07

WWE.COM Exclusive

Maria interviews CM Punk Before WrestleMania 23

Home Video Exclusive

Tag Team Lumberjack Match - WrestleMania 23

Carlito & Ric Flair vs. Gregory Helms & Chavo Guerrero

The Aftermath

Bobby Lashley Exposes Mr. McMahon's New Bald Head - RAW - 02/04/07

Batista asks Undertaker for a Rematch - SmackDown! - 06/04/07

3.) The Wal-Mart Offer - WM 23 2-disc set that comes with Shawn Michaels' From The Vault DVD (I was so disappointed since I thought it was going to come with the Ultimate Edition instead)

4.) The Blockbuster Version - it has different extras on disc 2 including the 8 man Extreme Rules Tag Match from ECW and the Trump / McMahon contract signing. If anybody has any more info on other extra with the BB version, please share.

Follow the evolution of the Ladder Match and see how it has evolved into one of the most popular matches in WWE today. From the first Ladder Match with Shawn Michaels and Razor Ramon at WrestleMania X to the inaugural Money in the Bank Ladder Match that took place at WrestleMania 21, witness why the Ladder Match has become a staple in WWE.

-WWE.com

I have a feeling the most recent match listing is wrong, unless it's been definitely confirmed. Then I guess WWE just messed up or changed their minds.

They've sinced changed it to say "Follow the evolution of the ladder match and how it has come to be one of the most popular professional wrestling matches today. From the earliest ladder matches through Table, Ladders & Chairs matches and the 6-man Money in the Bank WrestleMania tradition..." like the previously posted Amazon.com synopsis.

From the looks of it (various EBAY auctions), the Wal-Mart 2 pack of WM with Shawn's DVD has both discs individually wrapped WITHIN a special "Wal-Mart Exclusive" half slipcover--at least I think so, each disc had the security labels on the top and bottom, so I would assume they just took them and bundled them together.

So, you could theoretically buy the Wal-Mart 2 pack, take the bare-bones (but still unopened) WM DVD and take it to a Best Buy or Circuit City and exchange it for the tin, saying you bought the wrong one or something. That way, you can still keep Shawn's DVD.

Sounds complicated, but there is a Wal-Mart literally right next to a Best Buy by my work, so I might try it tomorrow. If someone who actually bought the Wal-Mart set can confirm, that would help, though.

Also, just for the record, Shopzone is selling Shawn's DVD for only $9.59, so it wouldn't be too much extra just to skip the whole Wal-Mart deal for the tin and go buy Shawn's DVD later. I think you'd end up paying about 5 bucks more.

So, you could theoretically buy the Wal-Mart 2 pack, take the bare-bones (but still unopened) WM DVD and take it to a Best Buy or Circuit City and exchange it for the tin, saying you bought the wrong one or something. That way, you can still keep Shawn's DVD.

Sounds complicated, but there is a Wal-Mart literally right next to a Best Buy by my work, so I might try it tomorrow. If someone who actually bought the Wal-Mart set can confirm, that would help, though.

LOL, actually I did that. I came back late at night and told the supervising clerk that I bought the regular WM 23 and the special tin WM 23 thinking they were two different things. I didn't have the receipt, but she believed me seeing how the security label was not tampered with and gave me store credit for it. I went ahead and bought Brian Pillman's DVD (which is very good I might) all the while keeping HBK's DVD, which is also pretty good.

From the looks of it (various EBAY auctions), the Wal-Mart 2 pack of WM with Shawn's DVD has both discs individually wrapped WITHIN a special "Wal-Mart Exclusive" half slipcover--at least I think so, each disc had the security labels on the top and bottom, so I would assume they just took them and bundled them together.

I bought the Wal-Mart set. It was 2 dvd's, side by side held together by a wal-mart/wwe cardboard slip cover. If i remember correctly, they weren't individually shrink-wrapped tho. They did have separate seals on the dvd cases.

Also, just for the record, Shopzone is selling Shawn's DVD for only $9.59, so it wouldn't be too much extra just to skip the whole Wal-Mart deal for the tin and go buy Shawn's DVD later. I think you'd end up paying about 5 bucks more.

At wal-mart, the regular barebones was $20, the 2 dvd (HBK and WM) was $20, and the 3 disc special edition WM was $27.

I got the tin one at C.C. since i opened on Tuesday Morning. They have it for 24.99 for the first week (reg price here is 30 for the tin, 24.99 for the bare bones one, on sale for 17.99 the first week). That tin does look damn cool I must admit (though I grabbed one that had a small dent near the top right and onbe on the bottom left corner, plus the cardboard dvd box inside was "rippled" on the edges, which I fixed by marking iut with a maraker). Actually we got ALOT of both versions in and its not selling all that well. Mostly the tin one has sold obviously. The CC exclusive (for both versions) is a WM 3 Collectible Film Cell Card thingy (like the ones in the Royal Rumble box set) featuring Roddy Piper whippeing Adrian Adonis with his belt) pretty cool

The HOF was way cool,with Dusty stealing the show (though the Samoans speech and RVD talking about the shiek was pretty good too) I watched the first two matches this morning

The ladder match was very brutal with SICK spots like Jeff Hady bending Edge in half thru the ladder, and the RKO to CM punk off the ladder, and Hornswoggle taking a great bump off the ladder. The Kane-Kahli mtach was short and sweet and not too bad considering it was a Kahli match.

Backlash is on sale this week for 14.99 at CC (its in the ad) reg price 17.99, not that great for me since with my discount I usually get the reg ppvs for $15 each

I can confirm that the Blockbuster DVD is just 2 Discs as the post above describes... kinda disappointed, because I rented it from blockbuster wanting to see the match before the PPV. We were late getting to Wrestlemania and we missed it :-(

Call me crazy but is the Trump/Boogeyman segment on the DVD a different take? My memory has Trump offering worms for a sandwich. This has Boogeyman being no sold, so he takes off and Little Boogeyman shows up to Trump's dismay.

Call me crazy but is the Trump/Boogeyman segment on the DVD a different take? My memory has Trump offering worms for a sandwich. This has Boogeyman being no sold, so he takes off and Little Boogeyman shows up to Trump's dismay.

I remember he no sold him at WM. Maybe the worms was on a RAW.

I remember he no sold him at WM. Maybe the worms was on a RAW.

I meant to clarify that he no sold him in booth, but I remembered it being him no selling it and asking for a sandwich (which he still does on the DVD), then offering worms as a barter. I could just be remembering it wrong (since I was watching it on a screen in a loud stadium and not a TV).

I just went back to the original PPV from when it aired live and it has Trump and Miss America sitting on the couch. He's on the phone w/ someone talking about how he wants to leave. The lights dim and the red lighting comes on w/ Boogyman's music. He rises up from behind the couch, Miss America or whoever turns around and screams and runs away. Boogyman does his little promo, "I'm the Boogyman and i'm comin to get ya." Trumps puts down the phone calmly, turns around and says, "Listen, you know what I want? I want a sandwich. I don't care what you're comin, I want a sandwich. Can you get me a sandwich, how bout that, huh? Jesus." Boogyman says, "I'll get you a sandwich." *Boogyman goes down behind couch. Trump says, "You know what? If you do, I'll get you some worms." Boogyman jumps up and says, "How bout a worm sandwich? *Laughs*"

so they had to edit a trump/boogeyman segment? for what purpose?

anyhow after watching the whole dvd set, it was well done. wm itself was kinda lackluster to me. I mean nothing was horrible (well maybe except the womens match where ashley blew like 5 moves in a 3 min match) but it just didnt feel like mania (but maybe If I had seen it live Id feel different) taker/batista was a good power match. shawn/cena was better IMO than their longer RAW match, because it had less slow spots and rest holds. Shawn busted his ass trying to make Cena look like a star. The finish was pretty good though, with Shawn having to tap out cuz of his position and I liked him not being all good babyface and refusing to shake hands afterwards.

I got the Backlash dvd yesterday. 2 lame extras sucks, they could have at least put a match on there (the hbk/cena rematch would hav ebeen ideal but it probably was too long to put on a single disc with the ppv and still have good video quality) The dvd does infact edit out the Backlash theme song (which was "There and Back Again" by Daughtry) and replaced it with the song they use on 24/7 for the old ECW opening and Pitbulls music. seems like a quick job there

its weird cuz usually the songs are intact on the dvds save a few. must not hav ehad a good agreement with the band this time. usually they use songs off of new albulms and the artist and company is more willing to let wwe use them as they wish to get their songs heard. on mania both of the songs were kept.

but on the backlash dvd when cole talks about the next ppv, you do hear ozzys songs, leading me to belive it will be on the JD dvd (maybe even ozzys live performance on sd will be an extra?)

I find it odd there's no Carlito vs Nitro match on the DVD, if they're going to start doing PPV dark matches again (and apparently they have been since Mania - Carlito/Nitro at Backlash, Kane/Regal at JD) they should put them on the DVD. Maybe it's on the Blockbuster edition.

I love the fake ECW theme on 24/7, it'll be cool to have it on DVD.