TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BorneAgain

ECW and Smackdown Spoilers

From PWInsider

Dark Match: Gymini defeated Funaki & Scotty 2 Hotty.

ECW:

Paul Heyman announced that Rob Van Dam wants his title match with Big Show at the December To Dismember PPV. But, Heyman says the title shot will be part of an Elimination Chamber with four other wrestlers, thus screwing RVD out of his one-on-one match.

Sabu defeated Kevin Thorn.

Daivari, with Great Khali, defeated Shannon Moore.

Trinity beat Ariel and Kelly in a Costume contest. Mike Knox and CM Punk had a confrontation afterwards.

Test & Big Show defeated Hardcore Holly & Rob Van Dam after Paul Heyman in a Gorilla suit (no, I am not kidding) knocked out Holly, leaving RVD alone to lose.

Smackdown:

Rey Mysterio came out on crutches, which brought out Chavo & Vickie Guerrero. Chavo beats up Rey and Chris Benoit makes the save.

Theodore R. Long told Batista he wants him to protect King Booker because of rumors that Raw and ECW guys might attack him to weaken him for Cyber Sunday.

Brian Kendrick & Paul London defeat Idol Stevens & KC James.

Kane & Undertaker defeated Ken Kennedy & MVP by countout, but Long makes the match continue and Kennedy hits Kane low for a DQ. Long makes the match continue as a no-DQ bout and Undertaker pins Kennedy with a tombstone.

The Miz & Kristal defeated Vito & Layla. Boogeyman comes out and gets Kristal again.

Gregory Helms defeated Jimmy Wang Yang.

Bobby Lashley defeated Jamie Noble. Tatanka did a promo afterwards.

Batista gets King Booker to his limo, despite ECW and Raw undercard guys trying to attack him. Long asks Batista what he wants in return, and he says a match with Finlay.

Batista defeated Finlay in a No DQ match.

Daivari now wrestling=good

Khali back on TV=bad

Huh, Khali is back already, and in ECW none the less?

Khali should be the new new new 911/Big Sal and never ever have a wrestling match again in his life. Did Davari do the Magic Carpet Ride?

we need London and Kendrick to do a few promos, and just be crazy. Yea, they may be pretty over, but what does the audience really know about them besides the fact that they're champs, they're good in the ring, and a little 'off'?

anyway... wonder how good the Batista/Finaly match is.

Yeah but we all know they'll try to push Khali again. I'm already dreading hearing "ECW World Champion: The Great Khali."

After hearing of this Elimination Chamber I really don't care about ECW anymore. I know they'll fuck RVD out of the title again there and I've mainly been watching through this tedious Big Show title run because I assumed they'd simply job him 1 on 1 to RVD for the title.

I read somewhere (prowrestling.com, not sure of their source) that Vince is still pissed at RVD and also refuses to put the belt back on him because he's "not a draw." Hell, if RVD isn't a draw in ECW I would like to know who on that roster is!

My money is on Test for new champion. If that happens they'll be below a 1.0 within weeks.

I read somewhere (prowrestling.com, not sure of their source) that Vince is still pissed at RVD and also refuses to put the belt back on him because he's "not a draw." Hell, if RVD isn't a draw in ECW I would like to know who on that roster is!

Apperently Mr. McMahon hates the fact that people can get over outside of WWF and makes his home grown talent look like bush league amature body builders trying to crossover into drama/comedy tv.

Now that Khali is on ECW and that senile turd Vince is refusing to give the belt back to Rob, I'm afraid that by the end of the year we might have another untalented giant as ECW champion.

If Rob doesn't get the title back, I'm boycotting the show and never watching it again. Everytime I read a ECW house show report they always said Rob had the biggest pop. Who the fuck are they gonna put it on instead? Test? Sandman? Dreamer? The only one I can think of is Sabu, but his character has been jobbed beyond repair to Big Show and nobody would care about that.

Paul Heyman announced that Rob Van Dam wants his title match with Big Show at the December To Dismember PPV. But, Heyman says the title shot will be part of an Elimination Chamber with four other wrestlers, thus screwing RVD out of his one-on-one match

Cause when you think of ECW you think of the Elimination Chamber <_<

Ugh...the Elimination Chamber was an Eric Bischoff innovation (at least in kayfabe terms). Having it at an ECW PPV makes zero sense.

I was thinking of going to this taping, but decided against it. Glad I didn't go, since it sounds like a lackluster couple shows, wrestling-wise.

I wouldn't mind them putting it on Punk at some point, but right now the timing is off. Punk should be going after RVD and the title. That should be ECW's next big rivalry.

What they need to realize is that a lot of people go out of their way to watch ECW. It's that 3rd show of the week, and it's on at 10:00. They better give me an incentive to watch. If they just job out my favorite wrestlers like RVD and Sabu, refuse to put the belt back on Van Dam, then why the fuck should I go out of my way for it?

If Rob doesn't get the title back, I'm boycotting the show and never watching it again. Everytime I read a ECW house show report they always said Rob had the biggest pop. Who the fuck are they gonna put it on instead? Test? Sandman? Dreamer? The only one I can think of is Sabu, but his character has been jobbed beyond repair to Big Show and nobody would care about that.

Yes those ECW house shows that mean so much they draw less than half the people that the Raw/Smackdown ones do. The ones that mean so much that they are being ended after November.

The WWE doesn't give a flying fuck about the 1000 people that attend the ECW house shows that's apparent right now. They probably view the fact that the ECW show has blah ratings and crappy house show attendance compared to the other 2 shows as a sign that RVD isn't a draw.

How many of the old ECW fans are going to go apeshit here at the end of November? Because you know alot of those guys like say.......the FBI, C.W Anderson, Danny Doring and the like just have jobs to fill out the house shows. When they put those matches on the Smackdown/Raw ones they won't need those guys anymore......so they'll likely be let go.

I wonder how you guys would feel if CM Punk won it instead.

It would be a waste if all of his matches were 3 minute glorifed squashes with the occassional run-in by Knox, Test, Big Show.

Yes those ECW house shows that mean so much they draw less than half the people that the Raw/Smackdown ones do. The ones that mean so much that they are being ended after November.

The WWE doesn't give a flying fuck about the 1000 people that attend the ECW house shows that's apparent right now. They probably view the fact that the ECW show has blah ratings and crappy house show attendance compared to the other 2 shows as a sign that RVD isn't a draw.

The thing is though, RVD is a proven draw or at least fan favorite amongst the Raw/Smackdown fans as well, as he was getting pops before the return of ECW. RVD is the guy on his own level amongst the new ECW, because he has had success in the original ECW as well as on WWE programming.

Right now, when you watch ECW, whether it is in front of an ECW crowd or Smackdown crowd, it is very obvious that RVD is the ascending star of the show. Anyone who can't see that is stupid, and to put the belt on anyone else RIGHT NOW is fucking absurd.

The thing is though, RVD is a proven draw or at least fan favorite amongst the Raw/Smackdown fans as well, as he was getting pops before the return of ECW. RVD is the guy on his own level amongst the new ECW, because he has had success in the original ECW as well as on WWE programming.

Right now, when you watch ECW, whether it is in front of an ECW crowd or Smackdown crowd, it is very obvious that RVD is the ascending star of the show. Anyone who can't see that is stupid, and to put the belt on anyone else RIGHT NOW is fucking absurd.

Goes like this though.....when you aren't a WWE pet project which RVD isn't. When they actually do put a belt actually 2 at the time on you.........it's not best to royally fuck it up. Because now everyone who doesn't like him or want him pushed in that office can go "see like we said he's a fuckup".

Goes like this though.....when you aren't a WWE pet project which RVD isn't. When they actually do put a belt actually 2 at the time on you.........it's not best to royally fuck it up. Because now everyone who doesn't like him or want him pushed in that office can go "see like we said he's a fuckup".

uh-huh, that excuse works until it becomes painfully obvious that the "policy" RVD broke has already been twisted and turned and outright changed in order to accomodate "bigger stars" then RVD.

Like I said, I am not saying Vince McMahon sees the reason to give RVD the belt, rather I am trying to address anyone with a rational thinking brain.

Well of course the WWE twists things around for their pet projects which is why I pointed out that RVD isn't one.

The problem that shows has drawing any rating is most everyone I know that is a casual fan thinks the entire show is midcard acts. They don't view any of those guys as maineventers.

When I know people who tune into see someone like Kevin Thorn it tells me they need to find some sort of star power pretty fast.

Yeah, RVD screwed up in July. But good grief, was his getting caught with some weed such a serious offense that he has to be punished for years? Cause in this case it's not just punishing him, it's also killing the ECW brand.

I'm telling you, when that Chamber match comes down to RVD and Test and Heyman's thugs hit the ring or they pull a Montreal screwjob on RVD, don't say I didn't warn everyone.

I actually don't see any interference, except for MAYBE a distraction. I can see Heyman distracting RVD so that someone else wins, or at least RVD gets eliminated. I don't think even WWE wants to give Test a world title. I think Sabu might end up getting up and continue the Heyman vs. The World storyline, even if it sadly doesn't have RVD as the centerpiece.

If Rob doesn't get the title back, I'm boycotting the show and never watching it again. Everytime I read a ECW house show report they always said Rob had the biggest pop. Who the fuck are they gonna put it on instead?

Probably someone they can count on not to get arrested / fail a drug test at any moment.

If Rob doesn't get the title back, I'm boycotting the show and never watching it again. Everytime I read a ECW house show report they always said Rob had the biggest pop. Who the fuck are they gonna put it on instead?

Probably someone they can count on not to get arrested / fail a drug test at any moment.

So, Punk, then?

The problem that shows has drawing any rating is most everyone I know that is a casual fan thinks the entire show is midcard acts. They don't view any of those guys as maineventers.

A small case could be made for Big Show

If you watched the show last night.....RVD got the biggest pops, and the most positive reaction....AGAIN.

and Heyman in the gorilla suit was awesome.