TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hank Kingsley

Scrubs

It pleased me that this weeks episode really went somewhere. Between Kim and JD deciding and the Turks baby being born, it felt like a big turning point in the show.

This was a great episode because for the first time in awhile it felt like all of the main characters were doing something, as opposed to some of last season's episodes where someone like Kelso or Cox would just have a few jokes thrown in just to give their characters lines.

Great to see Cabbage back. Todd being obsessed with breast milk was probably too easy of a gag to pull.

I'm interested to see where they go with Kim, since I figured she wouldn't become a regular character or anything.

Anyway, I think next week is "His Story 4," from Kelso's perspective.

Although Todd being obsessed with breast feeding was obvious, I think that they had to do it. If not, he's not "The Todd". It's his character.

I'm interested in Elliot taking the new job. I like that they are kind of making her character a little less of a disaster.

Guest Greg Valentine

According to my cable guide, the next two weeks they're repeating the first two parts of the Dr. Cox arc from last season. Doesn't look like we're getting any new episodes until January :(.

To continue discussion (or continue talking to myself) until January 4th, what is everyone's overall favorite season?

I used to think Season 1 or 2 had it for being fresh and original, but after a recent re-viewing I love 3 the most. The crew FINALLY decided what they wanted with the J.D./Elliot relationship and I'm glad they made the right choice and went against the Ross/Rachel grain (which led to a great Friends reference by Janitor). Plus, it doesn't hurt that it has some of the best (and THE best) episodes, "My Screw-Up," "My Butterfly," the Michael J. Fox arc, and final three episodes, "My Fault," "My Self-Examination," and "My Best Friend's Wedding."

4 is probably the overall weakest, but in all 120 and whatever episodes I haven't seen a real extended run of dull.

Yeah, 3 is the strongest season in terms of consistent quality. Good season-long plotlines (the J.D./Elliot relationship, Turk/Carla getting married) mixed with great guest-star driven mini-arcs (Michael J. Fox and Brendan Frasier).

I really need to watch season 3 again. It's the season I've seen least of all the scrubs seasons so far. I bought it on DVD but leant it to a friend, who leant it to a friend and it hasn't been returned. It's been about 6 months now so I'm losing hope. I'll just have to get ahold of it again.

MY HOUSE

9pm 2007-01-04 ALL NEW!

THREE MEDICAL MYSTERIES STUMP THE DOCTORS OF SACRED HEART IN AN HOMAGE TO "HOUSE" - ELIZABETH BANK'S ("THE 40-YEAR OLD VIRGIN") AND DAVE FOLEY ("THE STRIP") GUEST STAR - Dr.Cox (John C. McGinley) channels TV doctor 'House' to solve three mysteries including; why a man's skin is inexplicably orange, why a young woman, with no coronary issues has a failing heart and why Elliot (Sarah Chalke) is taking her anger towards Dr. Kelso (Ken Jenkins) out on Turk (Donald Faison). But the doctor may be missing the biggest clue of all when Carla (Judy Reyes) begins to show signs of postpartum depression. Meanwhile, J.D. (Zach Braff) tries to be the 'best boyfriend ever' so that Kim (Elizabeth Banks) won't take the job in St. Louis. Neil Flynn also stars. TV-14

This could be amazing...

Great stuff tonight. I loved Cox's shot at Dane Cook and Janitor's mural, especially. The "House" bits were neat. Plus, Keith and Lisa got hit in the head with a clipboard.

So when Kim comes back she'll be, what, 6 months pregnant? At least we won't be seeing another birth.

A few moments that made me chuckle, but I'm not really enjoying this season as much as previous ones. Elliott's storyline seems so contrived b/c they've already done the angle where she left the hospital and it failed after two episodes, while JDs relationship with Kim is just weak and forced.

Guest Vitamin X

A lot of people I know who watch the show still want JD and Elliot to end up together. Anyone else think there's a good possibility of it happening?

A lot of people I know who watch the show still want JD and Elliot to end up together. Anyone else think there's a good possibility of it happening?

I don't think so. I remember an interview with Bill Lawrence saying after the third season that JD and Elliot were done. That doesn't mean he can't change his mind, but I doubt that will happen. There hasn't been anything between them for a few seasons now.

Yeah, I think Bill has been quoted as saying (though I've yet to find the source) that he didn't want to go the cliched sitcom route with JD and Elliot, and that the writing room was almost 50-50 about which way to go. And really, after 4 seasons of their admitting what a trainwreck of a couple they are, it wouldn't make much sense. Unless they pulled something out like how they had "matured" as doctors and people since their intern days.

For awhile I would've been okay with it, because I couldn't stand her season 4 boyfriend or Keith last season. But this season they've managed to make Keith likable without shoving him or their relationship down our throats, so if they stay together and the core cast remains a big happy family then I'll be fine with the show ending.

Well that's what I get for trying to post on a message before my first cup of coffee for the day. Sounds like I have something in common with the NBC promo dept.: We're asleep at the wheel.

I watched Scrubs during OC's commercial breaks and found it really difficult to turn back to Fox. Scrubs was really good. I liked how Sarah Chalke's character was all "why don't *I* get focused on some more?" and the guy who thought he was House was all "be quiet, this is my episode" in more words.