TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hank Kingsley

Scrubs

The likely final season of Scrubs is starting at the end of this month, and I'm psyched, especially with Braff trying so hard to get Tobias in a guest role. Plus, Season 4 just came out on DVD, which resparked my interest in the show.

So, until the premiere, we can discuss the greatness of the past seasons, no matter how ridiculous JD's love for Turk became.

I didn't think I would like Season 5 too much at the onset, especially once Elliot started dating Keith, who I still can't stand (especially since they seem really adament about pushing their relationship as a serious one). Still, they busted out one of their best episodes ever in "My Lunch" (probably my personal favorite), and stayed strong until the cliffhanger finale.

TV.com has a list of the first few episode titles for season six, including "His Story IV," which I assume will be from Kelso's perspective. I've found the "Stories" to be hit or miss, with Cox's, The Janitor's, and Elliot's to be really good, while Turk's and Carla's were lacking.

And there is no better recurring character than The Todd.

I hope they go out with a bang.

I've just started watching the re-runs that have been playing on Fox lately, so I'll probably try to check out the new episodes along with the DVDs. Now if Tobias manages to get on, then I'll definitely be sure to watch.

I'm just about done watching Season 4 and it's nowhere near as bad as I heard it was. JD is a supreme dumbass for turning down sex with Heather Graham for Kylie (and even more of a dumbass for blowing that like an hour later), but what else is new. There are definitely some high quality episodes this season, namely "My Best Moment" and "My Life in Four Cameras."

I've been really enjoying the hour of reruns CC is showing. The most surprising part being how charming and attractive Tara Reid was her first spin through. You forget about those little things in life when reading about her third botched boob job and Taradise.

Season 5 hasn't even finished being run over here in the UK. I've already seen all of it, however I need someone to gasp with already over the cliffhanger ending. It's getting harder and harder not to tell people.

I went back and watched some of the earlier episodes from season 5, and I hadn't noticed before but the first episode from the interns eyes, the intern was Keith. That was a nice little touch, it makes him a little less obnoxious knowing that he had a crippling fear of talking at the begining.

I've been really enjoying the hour of reruns CC is showing. The most surprising part being how charming and attractive Tara Reid was her first spin through. You forget about those little things in life when reading about her third botched boob job and Taradise.

Tara Reid has an interesting ability to often look really good in movies and TV shows, then revert immediately to her trashy self for any "night on the town" pics and other stuff that ends up in the tabloids.

I like everyone on the show, but then every character can get annoying at times.

And you hate a lot of people with a passion, Spike.

Braff is the man.

What gets me is that they say Braff is leaving after Season 6 and it'll probably be their last season. Apparently some of the producers want to do a Season 7 with or without Braff. Now, this has nothing to do with loving or hating Zach Braff, but how the hell do they plan on continuing the show without the main charcater, who also happens to be the narrator? Take away the narration and you're completely changing the element of the show. Have someone else like Turk or Cox narrate and... I don't know, it would just be wrong. And how to they write off the JD character if he leaves? I could see them doing something dramatic like having slipping into a coma or killing him off or something. There's definitely trainwreck potential here.

Anyway, what are everyone's favorite episodes of the series? My top 10, in chronological order:

(List of Eps)

My Old Lady (Season 1, Ep 4)

My Bed, Banter & Beyond (Season 1, Ep 15)

My Occurence/My Hero (Two Parter) (Season 1, Eps 22, 23)

My Sex Buddy (Season 2, Ep 11)

His Story (Season 2, Ep 15)

My Brother, Where Art Thou? (Season 3, Ep 5)

My Porcelain God (Season 3, Ep 13)

My Screw Up (Season 3, Ep 14)

My Life In Four Cameras (Season 4, Ep 17)

My Way Home (Season 5, Ep 7)

I don't see how they can do the show without JD. You can't just change the main character after 6 years and expect viewers to stay.

As for my favorite episodes, not stopping at only 10...

103 - My Old Lady

202 - My Nightingale

206 - My Big Brother

208 - My Fruit Cups

309 - My Friend the Doctor

312 - My Catalyst

313 - My Porcelain God

314 - My Screw Up <--Probably the best episode they've ever done

316 - My Butterfly

406 - My Cake

411 - My Unicorn

504 - My Jiggly Ball

507 - My Way Home

515 - My Extra Mile

521 - My Fallen Idol

314 - My Screw Up <--Probably the best episode they've ever done

I was actually going to make note of that as well. Definitely my favorite episode. At the end when JD says, "...Where do you think we are?" and Cox turns around and Ben has suddenly disappeared... that gets me every time. The way they weave in the stories with Jack's birthday party and the old man that viewers are led to believe has died is brilliant. Not to mention the subtle hints they throw in, like how Ben never has his camera after Cox returns to the hospital. The episode works on both the first viewing and holds up perfectly on repeat viewings even when you know about the big plot twist. Great stuff.

Had I not limited myself to ten, I also would have thrown in My Fifteen Minutes, My Jiggly Ball, My Tormented Mentor, My TCW (didn't like the main plot here at first but all the other little things that go on in this episode are hilarious), etc.

Chrono order:

My Best Friend's Mistake (1)

My Old Lady (1)

My Occurrence (1)

My Philosophy (2)

His Story (2)

My Screw-Up (3)

My Butterfly (3)

My Life in Four Cameras (4)

My Way Home (5)

My Lunch (5)

What to look for in Season 6

No spoilers per se, just some info on what plotlines we are in for this season. Blue Man Group guest stars in the season premiere and there will be a musical episode.

If we're talking favorite episodes, I've mentioned this before, the run from Michael J. Fox's first ep in season 3 to My Butterfly is one damn fine stretch of TV as is the three episode Dr. Cox arc last season.

Edited by KingPK

I never paid much attention to Scrubs until midway through season 4 or so because I had things going on that prevented me from ever watching more than 1 or 2 eps per season. With the show finally reaching syndication I've been able to catch up on a lot of things and have to say that I really think the JD character is a huge asshole. I hadn't noticed it catching bits and pieces of storylines, but he just strikes me as completely phony and insincere. I'm also not a big fan of Keith since he seems like a superfluous character. The show probably shouldn't go on without JD, but then again most shows on TV probably shouldn't be on and yet they are.

Guest Vitamin X
Blue Man Group guest stars in the season premiere and there will be a musical episode.

tobias_funke.jpg

!!!

Alright, here we go!

"My Mirror Image"

JD TRIES TO SEE HIMSELF AS A FATHER --THE BLUE MAN GROUP MAKES A SPECIAL APPEARANCE AND ELIZABETH BANKS GUEST STARS -- The staff at Sacred Heart returns for a sixth season and JD is still reeling from the news that he is going to be a father. Meanwhile, Dr. Cox -- while readying himself for baby number two -- realizes that his constant anger may have future repercussions. Elsewhere, Turk and Carla prepare for the arrival of their little one, while Elliot laments that she is the only one in the hospital not having a baby! They all begin to see a little of themselves in their patients ailments, but will they find the cures?

Yeah, his hair threw me off for a bit too. I liked the seeing themselves in their patients bit, although I didn't catch on until the Janitor one.

On a side note, JD's knocked up woman has become the first "that guy" girl. She seems to pop up everywhere now.

Anybody happen to catch the name of the patient with anger management issues (i.e. - the patient who reminded Dr. Cox of himself)? Mr. Slydell.

John C. McGinley, who plays Dr. Cox, was also in Office Space. His character's name in Office Space? Bob Slydell.

You can't tell me that was a coincidence.

Guest BlindHeartagram

It was completely intentional... J.D.'s patient was called Ms. ZeeBee (Z.B. .. Zach Braff)

Really enjoyed the episode, and glad Scrubs is back again.

It drove me mad though that they didn't really resolve anything with this episode. Its cleve though as it is just going to make me come back for more and more.

Also, I can't work out if I like Kim yet or not.

Wow, that was even better than last week.

"Carla, there was something I wanted to tell you...oh! Great vagina!"

and the explanation for Hook Hand.

I'm glad that Keith has had a much more minor role so far. He's more tolerable in his current role (I even laughed at his measuring-Carla's-reach)

And a feel-good ending. Great stuff.