TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

OAO Primetime Debut Thread

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

Non-Spoiler Preview:

kurtabyssimpact.gif

Thursday night on SpikeTV will be a historic moment as TNA's Impact goes primetime with its new start time of 9pm ET! Don't miss your chance to witness this epic two-hour event! The following is the official preview for the broadcast, including the two huge featured main events:

MAIN EVENT: THE TNA IN-RING DEBUT OF KURT ANGLE .VS. "THE MONSTER" ABYSS

It will be the first TNA bout for Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle, who faces off against the juggernaut Abyss on Thursday night! By winning the "Fight For The Right" tournament, Abyss has earned a shot at the NWA World Heavyweight Title at Genesis, but first he will have to step into the ring against Kurt Angle! Can Angle stand up to TNA's premiere destructive force in his return bout? Without a doubt, it will be a moment the wrestling world will be watching!

MAIN EVENT: SIX SIDES OF STEEL BARBED-WIRE: "THE WAR MACHINE" RHINO .VS. CHRISTIAN CAGE

Former friends now bitter enemies will battle inside TNA's first-ever Six Sides Of Steel Barbed-Wire bout on Thursday night as "The War Machine" Rhino collides with Christian Cage! In order to win, you must escape through the cage door or climb over the top (where the razor wire will be blocking any escape). In an attempt to end the carnage between Rhino and Cage, TNA management has granted them this violent arena of warfare on the primetime debut of Impact. Which TNA star will ultimately survive what promises to be a violent and bloody bout? Tune in and find out!

MLB WORLD SERIES MVP DAVID ECKSTEIN TO APPEAR IN A SPECIAL INTERVIEW WITH JIM CORNETTE

St. Louis Cardinals star and World Series MVP David Eckstein will appear on the primetime special in an interview with Jim Cornette to talk TNA! Eckstein is a huge fan of TNA and plans to attend several TNA events in Orlando, Florida, this Winter! The interview was taped Tuesday at the Louisville Slugger Museum in Louisville, Kentucky.

X-DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: AJ STYLES .VS. CHRIS SABIN .VS. CHRISTOPHER DANIELS

Three of TNA's no-limits, high-flying X-Division style elite will face off on Thursday's primetime debut with the X-Division Championship up for grabs as titleholder "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles puts the gold on the line against former champions Chris Sabin and Christopher Daniels! Styles and Daniels are recent tag team partners, but that friendship will be put on hold in this bout with the title on the line! Plus, will Styles get revenge on Sabin for costing him a shot at the NWA World Heavyweight Title? Catch all the X-Division action this Thursday night at 9pm ET!

THE LATIN AMERICAN EXCHANGE PROMISES TO TORCH THE FLAG

On Thursday's Impact, Konnan and The Latin American Exchange promised to create controversy on the primetime debut as they have vowed to torch the American Flag! The LAX have chosen the primetime stage as their platform to showcase their hatred and contempt for America! In addition, they have invited Canada's own Petey Williams to take part in the torching! Will The LAX make good on their anti-American promise and cause huge controversy? Will anyone from the TNA roster attempt to step up and stop them? Tune in to Impact on Thursday night to find out!

SAMOA JOE IN ACTION AGAINST JAY LETHAL

The TNA star that will challenge Kurt Angle at Genesis, "The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe, will be in action on the primetime debut of Impact this Thursday when he faces off against X-Division star Jay Lethal! Just three days before he collides with the Olympic gold medalist, Joe will unleash his path of destruction on Thursday night on SpikeTV!

TABLES MATCH: TEAM 3D .VS. THE NATURALS

After what took place on Impact between Shane Douglas, The Naturals and Team 3D, both sides will battle on Thursday's two-hour special in Team 3D's specialty bout, a Tables Match! The Naturals are looking to step up against the best tag teams in TNA, and they picked a huge fight against one of the greatest tag teams of all-time! Can "The Franchise" lead his team to a victory against Brother Ray and Brother Devon? Or, will Team 3D get revenge on The Naturals by putting them through the wood? See it unfold on Thursday night on Impact.

Plus, NWA World Heavyweight Champion Sting is scheduled to be on the primetime debut of Impact on SpikeTV!

All this and much more this Thursday night on the two-hour primetime debut of Impact on SpikeTV, beginning at 9pm ET! Plus, there will be more news and matches announced for Sunday's huge Genesis Pay-Per-View event on November 19th!

Barbed Wire Steel Cage Match

Christian Cage .VS. Rhino.

Kurt Angle's In-Ring TNA Debut

Kurt Angle .VS. Abyss (with James Mitchell).

TNA X-Division Title, 3-Way Match

"The Phenomenal One" AJ Styles .VS. Chris Sabin .VS. "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels.

Tag Team Tables Match

Team 3D .VS. The Naturals (with "The Franchise" Shane Douglas).

Singles Match

"The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe .VS. Jay Lethal.

Dumb question: Is just this episode two hours long, or is the show going to be two hours from now on?

Only tonight. :(

I can only see Abyss vs Angle ending in a DQ, either with Joe or Christian. If Angle goes over Abyss, the #1 Contender looks weak. If Abyss goes over, Angle's push loses steam. In a place like ROH, they could have a 30+ minute classic where they both look awesome and come away both looking good regardless of who wins, but I don't see that happening on Impact.

Having said that, I'm glad that they saved AJ vs Angle for a better time, and settings up Sabin as a bitter heel was fantastic IMO.

IIRC, TNA's highest rating ever was 1.2 for first Impact appearance. Anyone think they'll beat that tonight? I think with promotion they've done (imagine that!), Angle's debut and the earlier timeslot, they stand a good shot. If they don't, will it be considered a disappointment?

If they don't, they're fucked.

1 or under would be a disaster, anything over 1.5 would be good.

Yeah, the last time they were in this spot, they got a 0.8, and that was considered a major disappointment. But this time, they're more established on the network, have a better line-up and the show has gotten better promotion. Should be interesting...

I have to wonder about the timing of this show in some ways. I mean that is a really excellent sounding show on paper. Thing is, it sounds better than the PPV likely will be. WCW at least used to run Clash of the Champions shows on TBS in down periods when there was no PPV on the horizon.

I have to wonder about the timing of this show in some ways. I mean that is a really excellent sounding show on paper. Thing is, it sounds better than the PPV likely will be. WCW at least used to run Clash of the Champions shows on TBS in down periods when there was no PPV on the horizon.

Well, that's the problem with wrestling today. There are too many PPVs between WWE and TNA. Throw in competition from UFC, and it's just like they're splitting up the same pie too many ways. There's only so many PPV buy dollars to go around.

That's why I laugh when people say WWE should bring back a "Clash of the Champions" type event. When they hell would they run it? Wednesday nights, in between ECW and Smackdown? Maybe find a week when there's not a PPV the following weekend? It's ridiculous.

Guest Coffey

Yeah, I was going to reply with "that's hard to do when there's a PPV every week" but I wasn't sure if he was just solely talking about TNA or not.

I've yet to meet a fan that watched TNA and that was it. If they know about TNA, they know about WWE...and a lot of 'em know about ROH and Puro as well.

Good slot, but they're facing tough competition. Anything over a 1 will surprise me. Anything over 1.2 is a big success, anything over 1.5 is a homerun. I can't possibly see them doing 1.5.

I just want to comment that I've seen more advertisements for Impact's prime-time move in the last two weeks or so than I have for Raw, all year. If TNA can't break a 1 tonight, then they should be really worried, if not panicking all out.

I know I'll be watching.

I just want to comment that I've seen more advertisements for Impact's prime-time move in the last two weeks or so than I have for Raw, all year. If TNA can't break a 1 tonight, then they should be really worried, if not panicking all out.

I know I'll be watching.

Must depend where you live because I've seen exactly 0 ads for this if I wasn't a pretty hardcore fan of wrestling in general, I wouldn't have even known about it.

The bigger the market, the more ad's it'll get naturally. I've seen a few of them but mostly on the late hours.

The confetti actually just comes off as both interesting/lame.

Smart move by TNA...putting up video packages about some of their stars during the show for possible new viewers.

Though I have to wonder if that was just one for Joe or if they're going to keep doing them through the night.

I've yet to figure out exactly why Jay Lethal has a job or what makes him special.

He's a good babyface that can get a crowd behind him with how well he takes a beating but can make you believe he's easily capable of winning.

Besides Joe has probably worked with Lethal more then any other wrestler out there, so it makes sense to work them for the show here.

I hope Christian/Rhino doesn't mainevent, if they did attract any casual WWE fans that would look bad to them.

I've yet to figure out exactly why Jay Lethal has a job or what makes him special.

that's why there's a lot of people out there that do not like TNA. Same case can be made for alot of wrestlers who are actually good.

I hope Christian/Rhino doesn't mainevent, if they did attract any casual WWE fans that would look bad to them.

Yeah, using another popular and known name from WWE's peak in the main event against another former WWE wrestler would really hurt. What?

Something like Christian/Rhino would be better for keeping the casual fans interested.

that's why there's a lot of people out there that do not like TNA. Same case can be made for alot of wrestlers who are actually good.

That's probably why TNA struggles to get people to watch, yes some of these guys have great talent but alot of times that isn't enough.

I'm about as hardcore of a wrestling fan as you can be and I've yet to see a reason why people should care about Chris Sabin, Jay Lethal, Sonjay Dutt and numerous other guys who work for TNA.

At least they had a somewhat decent singles run....now if the main event is James Gang complaining about their former boss then that would be lame.