TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

NFL Discussion Forumtable

Well, I don't think much of kicking in the grand scheme of things, and if anyone has followed my posts in the NBA and MLB threads, I think clutchness is the single most overrated thing in sports. Fee free to have different opinions. I don't care.

Vinatieri has lost a bit of leg power which is one of the reasons the Pats decided to move on and why he called the Colts looking to kick indoors for the majority of his games. That and his age and back issues during his last couple years here. I would still rather have Adam here for obvious reasons but the organization obviously felt they needed to get younger(cheaper) and a stronger leg for the future. Gostkowski(sp?) has been pretty good on both Kickoffs and his FG's with exception of this past game vs. SD in which he inexcusably kicked out of bounds.

I can't take a damn thing away from Vinatieri after what he and his teammates brought to New England and I would never root against him with exception of games versus the Pats.

Kaeding's miss against the Jets was a 40 yarder. The fact is rightly or wrongly he's ended 2 of the last 3 (post)seasons for the Chargers with missed kicks. You've got to at least make the one against the Jets.

Well, to take this discussion somewhere else besies Colts v. Patriots, it turns out that Matt Hasselbeck was playing with a torn labrum and two broken fingers the second half of the season. I don't think this explains away all the problems he had down the stretch, but it does shed some insight into his erratic play and the Seahawks' underperformance this year.

I know the labrum was in his non throwing shoulder, what hand were the broken fingers on?

Non throwing hand. I suppose you could easily make the case that all the damage done to his left shoulder and hand were effecting him. The guy just didn't seem to have it there at the end of the season.

I know the labrum was in his non throwing shoulder, what hand were the broken fingers on?

They were both on his non-throwing hand. Obviously, injuries don't explain some of the poor decisions he was making on the field at the end of the year, but I'd assume there has to be some sort of correlation there. Hasselbeck's a top 5 QB and he looked absolutely dreadful on several occassions.

They were both on his non-throwing hand. Obviously, injuries don't explain some of the poor decisions he was making on the field at the end of the year, but I'd assume there has to be some sort of correlation there. Hasselbeck's a top 5 QB and he looked absolutely dreadful on several occassions.

Does the fact that Hasselbeck is currently f*cked up and will likely be late into camp this year affect Seattle's draft plans this year?

Or are they happy with Seneca Wallace as their backup QB?

I know the Seahawks staff has always seemed to be high on Wallace as a QB, as also seen with last year's spot starting duty, so I don't think they need to draft another QB. If they do, it will probably be a 5th/6th round project type for the practice squad.

Will Oakland find anyone by the draft? Are they just going to hire some high school assistant coach from Utah?

Worst comes to worst, they'll offer $4,500,001 to Nick Saban.

That'll hold them over for two years until they can find a coach who will stay.

Will Oakland find anyone by the draft? Are they just going to hire some high school assistant coach from Utah?

They called me last week and asked me if I would like to coach them. But I had a guy on the other line about a membership to Columbia House DVD and told them I was kinda busy. Besides, they could always call Jerry Glanville so the Raiders will be 2 Legit 2 Quit.

As for the Steelers, a pretty decent hiring I guess. I've seen worst decision about who would be a head coach.

ESPN is reporting Mike Tomlin will be named head coach of Pittsburgh.

This is really odd. The Pittsburgh Tribute-Review is saying the Steelers are going to hire Russ Grimm, and as I'm posting this, ESPNNEWS has "Steelers to name Mike Tomlin coach" on the bottom right corner of the screen.

Guest Smues

Yeah he said during the season how much he'd love to coach UW. Wouldn't surprise me if he's hoping to snag it if Ty ever leaves.