TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

NFL Discussion Forumtable

Guest Princess Leena

In what rankings is Samardzija even in the 1st round? His speed will definitely be a detriment.

In what rankings is Samardzija even in the 1st round? His speed will definitely be a detriment.

NFLDraftcountdown still has him going in the first round.

WDFN just reported that the Lions have been discussing a deal with the Vikings for Troy Williamson in the offseason. The Lions would give up their first round pick.

I wanna throw up..any room left on the Bears bandwagon?

If that happens, I might have to pay someone to whack Mr. Millen in the near future.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

I'm not going to be able to handle a Saints playoff run. Oh man. "The Saints Are Coming" going to every commercial break. Talking about how great this is for New Orleans, even though there are still so many destitute homeless people out there who really have bigger fish to fry. And the Bears. You think they get the rough end of the national media now?

"The Saints Are Coming" going to every commercial break.

From the east levee

To the west levee

From the French Quarter

To the Above-Ground Cemeteries

THIS IS OUR CITY

I'm not going to be able to handle a Saints playoff run. Oh man. "The Saints Are Coming" going to every commercial break. Talking about how great this is for New Orleans, even though there are still so many destitute homeless people out there who really have bigger fish to fry. And the Bears. You think they get the rough end of the national media now?

Don't hate on The Saints Are Coming- that's my pregame music. But if we make the playoffs, I think the media blowjobs will be Tony Romo times 10.

Don't hate on The Saints Are Coming- that's my pregame music. But if we make the playoffs, I think the media blowjobs will be Tony Romo times 10.

"If"? It's pretty much "When" at this point.

The current tiebreakers say that the Saints win the NFC South if they either win 1 more OR Atlanta loses and Carolina gets either a loss or tie.

Failing that, they can get in at 9-7 with the right circumstances because they swept Atlanta, beat Green Bay, Philly, and Dallas, and would have an 8-4 NFC record.

The only teams they'd lose tiebreakers to would be the Giants (implied loss in Week 16) and Carolina (implied season sweep), with a possibility of the Vikings (depends on Strength Of Schedule and Strength Of Victory).

I know my fellow Saints fans don't like to look too far ahead after the dreaded "How will they blow it this year?" performances from 2001 to 2004, but we're pretty much in the playoffs at this point and, even if we only go 1-2, we'll likely get a first-round bye.

We have the tiebreaker over Dallas via head-to-head win and the one over Seattle via NFC record, so it's a matter of not letting them get a game ahead of us. Considering that the Cowboys have to play Atlanta and Philly while the Seahawks have to play the Chargers and 49ers (who beat them earlier this year), a single win over Washington will likely get us a first-round bye and a win over Carolina or the Giants will guarantee it.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

I'm happy for Barron and Teke, because it's rare that their team is this good, I just don't look forward to

"WOULDN'T IT BE GREAT FOR THE PEOPLE OF NEW ORLEANS IF THE SAINTS WIN? WOULDN'T IT BE GREAT FOR AMERICA?"

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"
And people wonder why I hate Paul McCartney.

That was a criticism of Joe Buck, what I wrote. Paul McCartney is a legend.

Patriots post 9/11

Was there a big conspiracy thread here that stated that the only reason the Patriots won the Super Bowl that year is because DA YANKEES LOST DA WORLD SERIES!

Or I might be thinking of another board. I do know, living in a house and neighborhood full of Ramers that this was the only way for them to cope with the loss until they realized that Mike Martz just isn't a good coach.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah, but there was that whole first one being kinda iffy because of the Tuck Rule game and the last minute victory over St. Louis.

I was just as happy as anyone that the Pats won that year, though. Not for 9/11 reasons but because it killed the Rams wannabe-dynasty (Mike Martz, Super Bowl Champion head coach? No fucking way) and brought in the Patriots who win with smart football, something which most teams in the NFL haven't been able to figure out.

Wouldn't that be hilarious if Romo got into the probowl based on his two good starts and the media hype machine all over his nuts for three weeks? Well not so much hilarious, but more aggravating.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

The whole 9/11 conspiracy is too superficial to mean anything. Why would Boston benefit from a New York/Washington tragedy? When you put it that way, it's poppycock.

As for the Rams, their video game offense was cooler than anything the Pats did. And fuck that "we enter the Super Bowl as a team" crap. I bet they really patted themselves on the backs for that one.

Would probably take a minor miracle for this Pats team to MAKE the Superbowl.

* Especially since they just released Doug Gabriel...What a waste of a draft pick. He must have either asked for it or pissed someone off bigtime.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"
This year's Superbowl is going to be Saints vs Patriots with New Orleans getting the win :)

You're the worst poster on the board :)

Guest Legalise Drugs and Murder

He has a good idea, though. Who's going to be in the superbowl?

With how this season is going, it could end up being the Jets and Cowboys for all we know. San Diego's the AFC favorite right now, but that D isn't particularly dominating. Good, but not something to be relied on should LT be reigned in in January.

I've got a question: Is it near the end of the line for Tony Dungy in Indy? It's not totally his fault that Dwight Freeney can't do anything but spin around like a top, but sending your line screaming up the field on every play, completely taking them out of a running play, isn't something a supposed great defensive mind would think would work.

AFC champ- Chargers, although the Ravens could upset them again.

NFC champ- Could be anyone, as all the NFC contenders have issues.

New Orleans appears the most likely right now, but there's still 3 more regular season games and 3 rounds of playoffs to go.

(Besides, I don't want to get into the Biggest Homer thread over this)