TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MFer

Akon

Well that settles that. I guess his platnium plaques mean nothing now.

but seriously, if i've never heard of him he can't be the biggest artist in music. i think we can all agree on timberlake, no?

I'll go with that.

Let's be clear about one thing: He's no Nate Dogg.

50 Cent took that position...he sings his own hooks, raps, and is featured in every single G-Unit video and whenever M&M asks him to do a cameo for a video. Then again I might be confusing Akon with Lloyd Banks or Obie Trice or that Tippsy kid or one of those other one name hip-hop "talents" like Joe, Mario, Sammy, etc.

Until he has a line like:

I heard you wanna fuck with Dre

You picked the wrong motherfuckin day

Here we go, toe to toe, flow for flow

Let me know if you think you can fade Death Row

he will never be as cool as Nate

He is not even on R. Kelly's level.

He is not even on R. Kelly's level.

remember when R. Kelly was actually worth a shit? "Down Low" is one of the best R&B songs I've ever heard.

I love Nate and all, but lets not get it twisted, R. Kelly was the man in R&B for a while. Hell, he made cut close, the first Aliyah album and Sparkle all go platnium or multiplatnium. That dude was a fucking beast.

...Then he pissed on children, blamed it on his brother and made that trapped in the closet song that went on forever where midgits shitted on themselves.

I love Nate and all, but lets not get it twisted, R. Kelly was the man in R&B for a while. Hell, he made cut close, the first Aliyah album and Sparkle all go platnium or multiplatnium. That dude was a fucking beast.

...Then he pissed on children, blamed it on his brother and made that trapped in the closet song that went on forever where midgits shitted on themselves.

You can't really compare them... When it comes to hooks, Nate Dogg is the GOAT in my opinion.

You can't really compare them... When it comes to hooks, Nate Dogg is the GOAT in my opinion.

True. I will give you that.

But you want to know who is number two hook wise IMO? Ja fucking Rule.

Think about it. That dude sold millions of albums based completely on his hooks and his hooks along.

True. I will give you that.

But you want to know who is number two hook wise IMO? Ja fucking Rule.

Think about it. That dude sold millions of albums based completely on his hooks and his hooks along.

Ja Rule post the 50 fued has always been underrated I feel. R.U.L.E was a very solid album, much better then the Massacare. When Ja Rule was in CMC, he was an amazing MC.

Never really said much to me, but you no one can deny that he had a presence. Venni Vetti Vecci was undeniably the shit though.

Never really said much to me, but you no one can deny that he had a presence. Venni Vetti Vecci was undeniably the shit though.

Venni Vetti Vecci was good...Ja Rule went to shit when he stopped talking about "Murda" and started doing love songs and hanging on Ashanti's tits. Obviously, the mainstream crowd loved that shit...but come on, let's not fool ourselves here, most of it sucked.

I think Kevin Lyttle is the best along with that guy that did hooks for Shaggy's song "It Wasn't Me".

I think Kevin Lyttle is the best along with that guy that did hooks for Shaggy's song "It Wasn't Me".

That dude sold Shaggys album that year he won artist of the year. He sold like a billion albums and it was completely because of the singing guy that did that Angel song and It Wasn't me.