TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Roundtable Discussion

If Cuban wants to sue him for breach of contract, I can understand. But to say that Nelson used confidential secrets that he used to win the playoff series is insane. One can only hope that the judge handling this would throw it out.

:lol:

i wonder what "confidential" secrets are these. Is there some secretive notion that is Dirk afraid of angry black hotheaded men named stephen jackson? :lol:

That and their other dark secret....

Dampier is offensively challenged

Guest Vitamin X
Cuban said he didn't try to stop Nelson from taking the Golden State job last year because he didn't learn about the deal until after Nelson signed and, "I wasn't going to make a big deal."

"I wasn't going to make a big deal."

Until, of course, your #1 seeded team was upset by his #8 seeded squad. What a sore loser.

Guest Vitamin X

Good pickup for them, though I hope he's not just a one season wonder.

-Carter to the Nets: 4 yrs, $61 million

-Luke back to the Lakers: 6 yrs, $30 million

-No other perceived suitors for Billups besides Detroit

-Seattle will try to re-sign Lewis

-Dallas is interested in Gerald Wallace

-Grant Hill has offers from Toronto, Orlando, Detroit, SA & Phoenix. Many expect him to sign with Phoenix

Why in the fucking hell would Seattle waste money trying to resign Rashard. They have Jeff Green and Durant. Call me crazy but I think they are looking pretty good at the SF position.

Luke Walton gets 5 mil a year and Jason Kapono can get 6. Something is wrong with the world.

Why in the fucking hell would Seattle waste money trying to resign Rashard. They have Jeff Green and Durant. Call me crazy but I think they are looking pretty good at the SF position.

Not to mention Szczerbiak, Delonte and Wilkins sharing time at the 2 and 3. Yi really seemed like the sensible pick at #5 instead of Green, if they were dead-set on re-signing Rashard all along.

I think Rip was referring to Kapono getting more money than Luke. That's crazy.

Not so much Luke getting the money that he got. That was expected.

Yeah. Luke Walton's 47 FG% sucks. Ditto his 5 rebounds and 4 assists per game.

He may not be worth it to the rest of the league, but in relation to the Lakers and the offense that we run, yeah, he is worth it. Every player worth a shit is pulling in 5 million once they hit free agency.

Luke Walton is easily twice the player that Jason Kapono is. He is the type of guy that people really don't understand his worth. If you look at when the Lakers failings came last year it was when he went down.

He is a great playmaker, can hit shots, and just freakin smart. Jason can hit threes with his feet set when he is wide open.

Something is wrong there.

The CLippers should just sign Brevin Knight now. He is the most solid point guard out there in the free agent land.

I was probably too hard on Luke. He had a career year last season and earned his new contract. He just never struck me as anything more than a competent 8th guy on a good team. He works well in the triangle and Lakers fans like him, so no harm there.

As for Kapono, his ridiculous contract proves the old theory that in the NBA it's better to be great at one thing and shitty at the rest than average at everything. I still think he's going to be extremely valuable to the Raptors with their style of play.

I was probably too hard on Luke. He had a career year last season and earned his new contract. He just never struck me as anything more than a competent 8th guy on a good team. He works well in the triangle and Lakers fans like him, so no harm there.

As for Kapono, his ridiculous contract proves the old theory that in the NBA it's better to be great at one thing and shitty at the rest than average at everything. I still think he's going to be extremely valuable to the Raptors with their style of play.

Not when you stop and realize that he isn't even going to start. For 6 mill a year.

Ford

Parker

Bargnani

Bosh

Garbajosa

I would think for 6 a year he would crack the starting rotation.

In an Oregonian article by Blazers beat writer Jason quick he highlights some of the trades GM Kevin Pritchard was offered for the #1 pick:

-An eastern conference team offered a 5 time all star and a lottery pick (Celtics, Paul Pierce)

-A division rival offered a surefire hall of famer and a promising rookie (Minny, KG and Foye perhaps??)

-Another Western conference "power" offered a first ballot hall of famer

Original Article

Summary of article

Just some interesting tidbits.

Guest Vitamin X
-Another Western conference "power" offered a first ballot hall of famer

Kobe? Duncan?

oh, and from everything I'm reading and also seeing on TV it seems the Celts are making a strong push now to aquire AK-47. Ratliff's contract, Telfair, Gerald Green, and a future first rounder for Harpring and AK-47 was the last I saw as far as this rumor goes.

oh, and from everything I'm reading and also seeing on TV it seems the Celts are making a strong push now to aquire AK-47. Ratliff's contract, Telfair, Gerald Green, and a future first rounder for Harpring and AK-47 was the last I saw as far as this rumor goes.

No way Utah gives up Harpring. Jerry Sloan is in man love with him. Plus they wouldn't keep Telfair, Green is dumb as a stick when it comes to basketball(although he can shoot).

One of the toughes matchups in the NBA. If he was a white guy from Germany more people would have paid attention to him. He is a 6'10 at least guy with better handles and shooting ability that Dirk.

He can't rebound for shit though. I think it will be intersting to see him in Orlando. With Howards, unnamed PF and Lewis as their front line. They can even start Hedo at the two guard and have a starting lineup where the the only person under 6'10 is Jameer nelson. That would be interesting.

He rebounds alright. He has his double doubles sometimes. What I question is his defense. I haven't really paid attention to his defense and I've heard that he's a below average defender, and average defender, and an above average defender from different fans. But still he isn't worth the max contract.