TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Roundtable Discussion

I was about to ask why then i remember the what he did to Al Jeffersons production when he got added to that boston roster(although it did get them in the playoffs).

Buying out Walker or not...it really doesn't matter.

They could buy out Walker and he could go back to the Celtics again. It's too bad they had to trade Ricky and Blount to get him though, I wanted to call them the "Island of Misfit Celtics."

Apparently the latest Kobe rumor had him going to Detroit for Hamilton/Prince/Amir Johnson and a first-rounder.

Apparently the latest Kobe rumor had him going to Detroit for Hamilton/Prince/Amir Johnson and a first-rounder.

That makes more sense to me than a Kobe to Chicago trade. Billups/Kobe/McDyess/Wallace is a great core and they have the bench to make it work. That would be a good move for an aging team that doesn't have many opportunities left to go for a title.

I have never heard Bill Simmons voice before. Jesus. He sounds like a black guy doing a white guy voice and you say "Man, no white guys really talks like that."

Well...Bill Simmons does.

I'll take that trade in a heartbeat. Kobe's a great defender so Detroit won't lose that aspect of their team. They'll still have guys like Maxiell and Stuckey (when he comes back from injury) on the bench.

I was about to ask why then i remember the what he did to Al Jeffersons production when he got added to that boston roster(although it did get them in the playoffs).

Buying out Walker or not...it really doesn't matter.

They could buy out Walker and he could go back to the Celtics again. It's too bad they had to trade Ricky and Blount to get him though, I wanted to call them the "Island of Misfit Celtics."

No Thanks.

Boston Fans are so fucking ungrateful to Antoine Walker. When he was there in that run with Pierce, your team was always in the playoffs and competed for the finals. He left and you didn't make the playoffs. He came back and you made the playoffs. he left again and you stopped making the playoffs again.

His presence coincided with your teams success for how many years? Bunch of ungrateful.....

Guest Gym Class Fallout
Boston Fans are so fucking ungrateful to Antoine Walker. When he was there in that run with Pierce, your team was always in the playoffs and competed for the finals. He left and you didn't make the playoffs. He came back and you made the playoffs. he left again and you stopped making the playoffs again.

His presence coincided with your teams success for how many years? Bunch of ungrateful.....

Antoine Walker has been sent to the Drew Bledsoe Memorial Island.

Yeah, I'm in the minority. I was serious. I think he could have a role greater than a bench player, but even if he came to be a bench player, I'd want him back. I don't think he ever will because Ainge treated him so poorly and from what I've read recently it sounds like Minnesota wants to make him the primary option for at least this season, but I'd love to have 'Toine back.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

Does anybody remember the "Yao and T-Mac! Yao and T-Mac! Yao and T-Mac! Yao and T-Mac!" hype blitz? That's the root of my skepticism toward this whole Celtics thing.

Then Yao and T-mac got hurt and never played together. When both are healthy, they win. Alot. When one or the other is hurt (which is always) they dont.

Its alot like backcourt 2000 with Kidd and Penny. They stayed hurt. If not injured that would have been something incredible.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

I'm still not impressed with Yao Ming and I don't think I'll ever be impressed with Yi Jianlian. I'm not sold on these Chinese players.

How the fuck could you not be impressed with Yao Ming? He's easily the best center in the league and practically unguardable 1-1. The only thing you can say negative about his game is you'd like him to be a little more physical. He's kind of slow and he's getting hurt like once a year, but for a guy his size that comes with the territory.

Yao has had two injury plagued seasons and played all 82 for 2 seasons and 80 in one season before that. I don't think you can even say the guy in injury prone which is what usually happens to guys that size. The Injuries that he has are legit and not those 'big guy" injuries. Sometimes a muthafucka breaks a toe.

And yeah, he is one of the few completely unguardable 1-1 players in the NBA and probably the best passing big man out of the double team. I honestly don't see how anyone couldn't be impressed with him.

I cannot see Dumars giving up Amir Johnson in that trade. They basically feel like they got a lottery pick in the guy. I'd do Hamilton/Prince and filler. Maybe even Maxiell.

I like Yao. I'm also convinced that peoples complaints are essentially... osmosis, sort of. Enough ESPN commentators say the same thing about somebody, it eventually becomes "accepted fact", like Yao. He's a beast. look at his numbers, and teams routinely throw double and triple teams at him. I would love to have him.

Yea, I like Yao as well. Guy hussles, plays good ball, and is a good teammate. He might not be able to jump as well or be as physical as some people want him to be but as a Jazz fan I was definitely concerned more about him than T-Mac in the 1st round of the Western Conference playoffs last year.

On another note, I always laugh at NBA trades anyway. You know something is wrong with your salary cap structure when everyone has to bust out a calculator to compute what trades work and which ones don't because every freakin' team is over the cap. Which, on another note, makes those NBA dynasty's in video games a total headache.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

No sport should have a salary cap, in my opinion.

Gay NBA complaint: what happened to paint? Nobody paints their floors anymore, it's just that light stain/dark stain stuff. The Suns did it, then the Cavaliers, then the Raptors (I think), now the Bobcats and Rockets have just plain wood courts. This looks awful on TV, because everything is just brown and beige and dull. If this is supposed to be a backlash from the goofy paint schemes that the Cavaliers and Charlotte Hornets used to have (look 'em up, they're something) in the mid '90s, they're way too late. Just paint the sidelines, baselines, and lanes.

Antoine Walker has been sent to the Drew Bledsoe Memorial Island.

Antoine is my all-time favorite Celtic. I've told the story of my interaction with him at the one playoff game years ago many times. I wouldn't at all mind seeing him come off the bench for the Celts this year.

the only good thing Mark Blount ever did was help me win a yahoo fantasy league the only time I played. It was LeBron's rookie season and I got him in the 5th round and Blount off of waivers. I had Pierce, Blount, Theo Ratliff, LeBron, Josh Howard, and a few other guys.

I still hate you though alf

There was a game last year where Blount hit three 3-pointers in a row to force an overtime, I forget who it was against. I would have liked to see that.