TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RonL21

TSM Greatest Themes Thread

There seem to be a lot of theme threads..But none that actually rank the themes So that's why I made this thread...It's official. Everyone one will nominate a theme(s) and the people of TSM will come to some sort of conclusion of where that theme will be ranked...We'll do Top 25 themes and say mabye 10 honorable mentions..Here are the qualifications....

-The Overall Theme Itself...How good is it?

-Does It fit the character of the Wrestler(s)

-How does the Entrance match the theme(Pyro, Ring Walk, etc.)

-Crowd Reaction

I'll start with one everyone seems to agree with in some form or fashion...Gangrel's Theme. That whole theme just fit his character perfectly along with one of the best entrances ever...It didnt get really noticed until Edge and Christian joined and Formed the Brood and started getting some recognition...The most underrated part of the Attitude Era was the Themes that came out of it...WWF had awesome themes for everyone and WCW and ECW although most were borrowed were awesome too...OK Folks I nomintated Gangrel's Theme...Your Turn...

Nominees

Gangrel's Theme/Brood

Los Boricuas

Mr Perfect

The FreeBirds

Degeneration-X(98-99)

Shinya Hashimoto

Kento Kobashi

The Quebecers

Ted DiBiase

Bret Hart

Demolition

Undertaker(First Theme)

Road Warriors

Rob Van Dam(ECW)

CM Punk(ROH)

Steve Austin

Kane(Original)

Vader(WCW)

Taz(ECW)

Ultimate Warrior

Sting(?)

Harlem Heat(WCW)

Corportate Ministry

Ministry

Vince McMahon

HHH's "My Time" Theme

Justin Hawk Bradshaw's Theme

Ricky Steamboat(WCW)

Ric Flair

Lord Steven Regal

Los Boricuas.

It's certainly not my favourite, but an enjoyable theme, especialy when done live by the Boricuas. A unique entrance, complete with choreography and even a little crowd interaction.

Badstreet USA. hell, it was the Freebirds' entire gimmick, and you could never mistake who was coming to the ring when it hit the PA.

I don't think Shinya Hashimoto's theme with intro will ever be matched for setting the stage for an epic match. Kenta Kobashi's Grand Sword theme with intro was along similar lines. A good intro adds a whole lot of dramatic effect.

As far as some creative entrance music, The Rougeau's and The Quebecers had really clever pieces of music.

I've always been partial to Bret Hart's music as well. Keiji Muto had a couple great themes that were mixes of his regular music along with the Great Muta music. They sounded great and were kind of chilling.

Demolition, easy. Perfect lyrics for them, fits their silent march to the ring, and sounds just badass overall.

Beat me to it.

As for one that hasn't been mentioned, the Undertaker's first theme was incredible. As soon as the first *BONG* went off, and the funeral march started, you could see the crowd go silent with awe (and probably a little fear). I liked DiBiase's theme as well, just for the cocky vibe it gave off (and it was accentuated by DiBiase's confident walk to the ring).

Ted Dibiase's music was perfect. Everything you needed to know about the charcter was right there in the lyrics. Plus, who hasn't tried to do the Million Dollar Man laugh?

Rob Van Dam - "Walk" (Pantera)

It was actually a cover done by Kilgore...although I started watching ECW in 98. I suppose it's possible he adopted Kilgore for the ECW CD released in the summer of 98, but I don't ever remember it being Pantera.

Los Boricuas.

It's certainly not my favourite, but an enjoyable theme, especialy when done live by the Boricuas. A unique entrance, complete with choreography and even a little crowd interaction.

Do you mean LAX? I don't remember Los Boricuas having any kind of special entrance.

Los Boricuas.

Do you mean LAX? I don't remember Los Boricuas having any kind of special entrance.

I meant Los Boricuas.It wasn't anything insanely unique, but they would often sing (or convincingly lip-sync) their entrance with mics on the way to the ring.It's not like it'd had never been done before, but it fit the characters well, and was far less annoying than ICP doing the Oddities....and the less said of Men on a Mission, the better.

I suppose it's possible he adopted Kilgore for the ECW CD released in the summer of 98, but I don't ever remember it being Pantera.

My bad, but, and I don't mean to sound like a dick, UTSU, but I think you overlooked what I just requoted when you replied.

I'm gonna go with another obvious in Real American. There isn't any better theme to get a crowd going, other than the man himself using it. Play this in any arena and the crowd will definitely stand.

CM Punk - AFI's "Miseria Cantare (The Beginning)"

Perfect song to set up how epic most of his matches were.

Steve Austin.

The moment the glass shatters, the crowd reaction is insane. And espically in the Attitude era, Steve Austin comes walking down the aisle with his music going, and you know he's gonna fuck shit up.

The Brood.

What can not be liked about three goth wrestlers, coming up from the stage surround by a ring of fire.

I agree with the Dibaise, Hart and Mr. Perfect.

I might have to go with Vader's theme from his early WCW run. He came out with that mask that had smoke come out once he removed it, and that mixed in with his music made Vader that much more intimidating. Vader was a mean motherfucker back in the day.

Tazz in ECW. He had a couple of versions, I prefer the one where he's not speaking through it myself. Perfect 'you're gonna get it' music, the intro especially and the crowd always seemed to go nuts for it.

Ultimate Warrior's theme kicks ass...you all know it.

the one Don Muraco used during his final years as a face with Billy Graham in his corner...

I kinda liked Lex Luger's WCW theme

Harlem Heat's theme (NOT the WWE Booker T theme with all the weird voice effects)

original NOD theme: We are the nation, live and in color, don't diss the man or we'll bum rush your mother! Come on, how can you not like that shit?

Ricky Steamboat's, of course

hayabusa.gif

Hayabusa "phoenix rising" or "darkside" or whatever it was called.

sting1.jpg

THE MAN THEY CALL STING!

lod_01.jpg

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHAT A RUSH.....Tell them Paul!

ultimate-warrior.jpg

WARRIOR

senshi8wb.jpg

what if tarzan was the lead singer of a deathmetal band that did covers of anime themes?

I'll Throw in some more..

-Corportate Ministry

-Ministry

-Vince McMahon

-HHH's "My Time" Theme

-Justin Hawk Bradshaw's Theme (Very Underrated)

To this day I still mark for Ric Flair's music. Though I wish that the WWE didn't add the "Woooooo" to the beginning of it. To me this is an awesome song. It sounds so regal and masterful, like you know you are going to see something special.

I also really liked the old Lord Steven Regal music from WCW that was used in 1994.