TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Deathly Hallows?

Hmm, not what I expected at all. But sounds good to me.

And this gives NOTHING away. I would have been pissed if it was "Harry Potter and the Death of Harry Potter."

My guess is that this has something to do with horcruxes.

Deathly Hallows?

Hmm, not what I expected at all. But sounds good to me.

And this gives NOTHING away. I would have been pissed if it was "Harry Potter and the Death of Harry Potter."

My guess is that this has something to do with horcruxes.

Are you kidding? (needs sarcasm brackets)

Well, Harry was born in something to do with Hallow (where is parents graves are) so I am sure it has a lot to do with that. I think the horcruxes are there or something.

I'm calling Potter vs Voldemort goes to a no contest.

But, I'm hoping Mrs Norris kills Voldemort....then kills Harry Potter. The last line of the book will be her first words....

"I'm ur prophecy....killin ur dark lordz."

That would be the worst ending ever.

This is how I see it:

-The book starts out with Harry finding a horcrux, then killing/catching (to send to Azkaban) Malfoy.

Then Bill/Flem's wedding.

Then I have no idea the order, but what will happen:

- Lupin kills Greyback.

- Snape isn't a bad guy, but dies anyway

- Harry finds out who RAB is, which I think is

Regulus Black

- Dumbeldore's brother helps out

- We find out what's with the vail in the Department of Mysteries

- Tonks dies

- Percy breaks down and comes back to the Weasleys

- Ron and Hermione get together

- Neville and Bellatrix Lestrange fight and both die

- Luna admits her love to Neville as he dies

I could keep going, but those are just somethings I think are going to happen.

...I should really read the books or see the movies so I have some clue of what you guys are talking about.

...I should really read the books or see the movies so I have some clue of what you guys are talking about.

Honestly, read the books. I watched movies 1, 2 and 3 before starting to read the series and it makes a lot more sense if you read the books first. They're pretty good once you get to the third one. And I personally dug the movies, but the third and fourth will leave you a bit confused if you haven't read the books. Nothing that someone who has read them can't explain though.

About the new one... I like the title. I remember from reading the Once and Future King in highschool that one of King Arthur's quests was a search for these ancient Hallows. Hallows are considered buried spirits, hidden souls or graves. Something like that, my memories fuzzy. Like All Hallows Eve = All Souls Night. So it's basically Harry Potter and the search for Voldemort's Souls. Deathly Hallows has a better ring to it.

Honestly, read the books. I watched movies 1, 2 and 3 before starting to read the series and it makes a lot more sense if you read the books first. They're pretty good once you get to the third one. And I personally dug the movies, but the third and fourth will leave you a bit confused if you haven't read the books. Nothing that someone who has read them can't explain though.

Maybe afte I finish reading my Halo books.

What sucks about the movies is they cut out stuff they easily could have kept in.

- In SS, it is said in the book that Slytherin's Quidditch team was all guys. And in the movie, there were some girls.

- They never mention that Filch is a squib. It would have taken two seconds to do so. They add a few action scenes that aren't needed (Harry falling out of the car, getting chased by the snake)

- There is a bunch of stuff in PoA that is left out or they changed. Too many to mention.

- They could have included a lot more of Sirius in GoF, none of the Tri-Wizard scenes were the same in the book as in the movie. I don't see why they need to change the whole mer-people thing.

I could keep going but I won't. They should say before each movie "Based on the Harry Potter..." because they aren't alike anymore. I am afraid TOO MUCH of Order will be cut out.

That would be the worst ending ever.

This is how I see it:

-The book starts out with Harry finding a horcrux, then killing/catching (to send to Azkaban) Malfoy.

Then Bill/Flem's wedding.

Then I have no idea the order, but what will happen:

- Lupin kills Greyback.

- Snape isn't a bad guy, but dies anyway

- Harry finds out who RAB is, which I think is

Regulus Black

- Dumbeldore's brother helps out

- We find out what's with the vail in the Department of Mysteries

- Tonks dies

- Percy breaks down and comes back to the Weasleys

- Ron and Hermione get together

- Neville and Bellatrix Lestrange fight and both die

- Luna admits her love to Neville as he dies

I could keep going, but those are just somethings I think are going to happen.

Personal thoughts on the whole matter:

The wedding will be in the first chapter and be a total and utter bloodbath as Voldemont has everyone at the wedding murdered as a means to fuck with Harry bigtime. The massacre will be the catalyst for Snape turning against Voldemont. Harry will join forces with Snape (who will rreveal that he murdered Dumbledore on the old wizard's orders, since both realized that Harry needed a huge ass push to get him to go after Voldemont.

REB turns out to be Hermione, who once again gets ahold of a time travel device and will destroy the horcruxes for Harry so that he can focus on Voldemont.

The final battle between Voldemont and Harry ends with Snape doublecrossing both sides: it's revealed that Harry himself is the final Horcrux of Voldemont and must die, but Snape can't kill Harry. This allows Voldemont to murder Snape just as Hermione and Ron show up, having realized that Harry is the final Horcrux. At which point, the time tuner device Hermione is using is sacrificed to create a portal outside time and space, allowing for Voldemont to be exiled in limbo, never to be returned.

The story ends with Harry leaving to finish his wizard training with Hermione and Ron (having already graduated) going their seperate ways, with the implication being that Voldemont's defeat was the last time the three ever saw each other due to the three moving on with their own respective lives.....

WHAT? Good God.

First off, it's RAB not REB. And Hermonine would have told Harry that she the horcrux in the 6th book. Besides, they destroyed all the time turners in OoP. Well, I think they did.

Second, JK has said that Harry isn't a horcrux.

Third, if that is the final book the world will be in outrage because it is a horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE book and ending. Don't ever write for a living.

I hope none of this happens. Not one bit.

I think it's an awesome ending.

I never read any of the books though.

VOOOOOLLLLLDDDDEEEMMMOOOOOOOOORTTT!!!

And there isn't any blood when wizards die, so that is silly.

Plus, I am sure there will be TONSSS of wizards and witches at the wedding, so I don't think the Death Eaters and Voldy will be able to kill them all. A few would disaperate, a few would kill the death eaters and a few might die. But not all of them. And since Harry would be at the wedding, wouldn't Voldy go after him right away?

Yeah, that is the worst idea ever. I would be so pissed off and so would 99% of the HP fans.

And there isn't any blood when wizards die, so that is silly.

Unless you count Sectusempra, which seems to be a fairly messy spell. (With a counter-spell, though.)

Apart from that, I just want to read the book, without trying to predict anything that isn't blatantly obvious.

Yeah, but I am sure you can block that.

If someone wants kill someone, they'll use Avada Kedavra curse. No way to block that.

And there isn\'t any blood when wizards die, so that is silly.

Plus, I am sure there will be TONSSS of wizards and witches at the wedding, so I don\'t think the Death Eaters and Voldy will be able to kill them all. A few would disaperate, a few would kill the death eaters and a few might die. But not all of them. And since Harry would be at the wedding, wouldn\'t Voldy go after him right away?

Yeah, that is the worst idea ever. I would be so pissed off and so would 99% of the HP fans.

I\'ll be plenty pissed off if Harry Potter actually dies, but a lot of you hardcore Potter fans seem to want that.

Oh, BTW, H + Hr 4eva!! I will go down with this ship!

Basically I think the reason why people want Harry dead is more because everyone's thinking he's on borrowed time because he always seems to survive death narrowly and it isn't even a full encounter or battle. Therefore, its sorta like seeing a lot of close trainwrecks and then finally figuring this is it.

I already pre-ordered mine, $18.99 from Amazon. I did overnight shipping, so it should be here on the day it comes out or the day after. I am freakin pumped.

I also bought: "Harry Potter Schoolbooks Box Set: From the Library of Hogwarts: Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them, Quidditch Through The Age" on Amazon. JK didn't write them, but she oversaw/had the final word of what was written. Should be interesting to read though.

Damn, JK is going to make some money. Deathly comes out, OotP out in theaters, HP 1-4 out on HD/BR and the sales from the older books since people might want to catch up on them or something.

I never preorder on Amazon because I'm always worried it won't get there on Saturday. For the last two, I've preordered at a bookstore and had the book home by noon. And then had it completely read 12-13 hours later.