TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Smues

I could make an entire thread out of some of the

post-2289-1170647787_thumb.jpg

HAHAHA

Fuckin Gamestop (or EB, I think they use the same stickers.

I wouldn't be surprised if some Game company makes those games a lot higher than that, the Burger King games might become rare games.

Doubtful. BK is still trying to get rid of surplus.

I was working at Best Buy on Sunday. I got a call from this customer who sounded like he was in his early teens. He wanted to know how much Grand Theft Auto: Vice City was for the PSP. I clarified that it was "Vice City Stories." He told me that I was wrong and there is a version of the full Vice City out for the PSP, because "EB has it." I told him that I didn't have any such title. He then dismissively said "Thank you" and hung up.

I would really like to work at the stores where these customers think nonexistent products can be found. I just imagine some jackass coming in and being like "You'll never believe it, this idiot at Best Buy told me that Mario isn't on the 360." and ect.

Thanks for sharing. That does look fake, if you ask me.

It reminds me of a while back, a subject at one of my Best Buy meetings was some phony coupons for the store that someone had photoshopped. It was something like $30 off any video game 39.99 and up. We made photocopies of it with the label "fake" on it so that if anyone came in trying to use the coupon, we'd be ready to turn it down. The coupon was really well done too, including the usual fine print and everything.

It killed me though, I was working at customer service and I was dealing with a loud, obnoxious woman over some other issue. She then looks down and sees the fake coupon and asks me if she can use it. I tell her that it is a phony, which is why it is there. She looks at me for a couple seconds and goes "So, I can't use it?"

I walked into Gamestop today and asked when they are getting NBA Street for PS3 in.

Employee: March 6th

Me: Okay thanks.

Employee: You want to reserve it?

Me: No

Employee: You sure?

Me: Yes

Employee: You only have to put down $5.00.

Employee: You're guaranteed to get it.

Employee: It doesn't hurt anything to reserve it.

Me: No, I'll find it somewhere. It won't sell out.

Employee: Well, you might miss out on the game.

Me: I highly doubt it will sell out. Now let me just pay for my stuff now.

Employee: Okay, but it would be smart to reserve it.

It was the most annoying thing ever. There was more too it, but I don't really remember.

Guest Queen Leelee

Indeed it is annoying, but they're just doing their job.

The ridiculous "disk protection" $3 scam is making me consider not shopping at EB/GS anymore. They really push their employees to try getting that now.

Best Buy has replacement plans for games too, but they aren't really a big deal. I don't think any of the cashiers in my store push it hard (I know they offer it) and no one in my media department ever mentions it.

They are really only worth it if you have reckless kids using the game anyway.

The ridiculous "disk protection" $3 scam is making me consider not shopping at EB/GS anymore. They really push their employees to try getting that now.

Yeah, but can't they just take no for an answer?

Yeah, but can't they just take no for an answer?

Because they are fighting for their job survival.

Besides, if they get fed up and quit, they will be replaced with someone else who has to shove the same old shit, so it really is no use getting annoyed with the employees over it. Anyone who has an issue with cashiers upselling should take their complaints to the corporation.

I went into a GS today (to drop off job applications mind you) and bought a used game and didn't have the guy ask me about the disc protection or prereserve. However after I had completed my purchase he tried to sell me crackdown and highlighting the Halo3 beta.

I bought Hitman: Blood Money from Gamestop for my 360. I went home and put it in and it told me that the XBox game was not compatible with my 360 console. I took the game out to discover that they had given me the original XBox version and I had to wait until the next day to get my freaking game. I was pissed, because I got home and got all stoned and read the instructions and I was super excited to kill some bitches.

I bought Hitman: Blood Money from Gamestop for my 360. I went home and put it in and it told me that the XBox game was not compatible with my 360 console. I took the game out to discover that they had given me the original XBox version and I had to wait until the next day to get my freaking game. I was pissed, because I got home and got all stoned and read the instructions and I was super excited to kill some bitches.

I had something similar to that happen at a Gamestop (or Software Etc., I can't remember which) when I was trying to get Legends of Wrestling 2 for Xbox, right after it was released (bad game, but that's beside the point). Anyway, I went in and specifically asked for the Xbox version. The guy went in back, looked around, came back out a couple times to say they had just got it in and they were looking for it. Finally he comes out with a copy of it and starts to ring me up at the cash register. Then I noticed it was the PS2 version. Of course, then he said "Oh, sorry, the Xbox one isn't in yet." Idiot.

I no longer get peoples obsession with buying new games for 50+ when in 2 years or less it's 5 bucks. I buy cheap games and I get no hassles. Of course I rarely buy games anymore anyways. Why shell out 600+ for a game system when I'm still happy playing my copy of No Mercy for N64 5 years later. Seriously, someone explain to me why people obsess about spending insane amounts of money to buy the latest video game systems? I just don't get it. You can bust out a Nintendo and people will still sit around and play so what's so freaking great about the PS3?

Although after playing a Wii, I see why it's hard to find.

You still play No Mercy because it's still the best wrestling game to come out in the US.

To this day the highest praise a wrestling came can get is that it's "a lot like No Mercy." Shame the Smackdown games still absolutely suck compared to No Mercy, even with online play, new moves, updated rosters, new match types, etc.

However, that's the exception, not the rule. Can you honestly say that there are many other genres that haven't taken huge steps forward since the PS1/Saturn/N64 days?

What the new systems should provide, besides better graphics and sound, is gameplay that can't be done on the current systems. Assassin's Creed, with it's "social stealth" mechanics, is a good example. Oblivion, with its massive, organic world is another example.

Because I don't want to be stuck playing Tekken 3.

What's not to understand? People want to play the new games now. If you don't that's cool but the idea that most do shouldn't be mind blowing.

I no longer get peoples obsession with buying new games for 50+ when in 2 years or less it's 5 bucks. I buy cheap games and I get no hassles. Of course I rarely buy games anymore anyways. Why shell out 600+ for a game system when I'm still happy playing my copy of No Mercy for N64 5 years later. Seriously, someone explain to me why people obsess about spending insane amounts of money to buy the latest video game systems? I just don't get it. You can bust out a Nintendo and people will still sit around and play so what's so freaking great about the PS3?

Although after playing a Wii, I see why it's hard to find.

Sports games have a shorter shelf life be patient people the updates are not that great. And consoles have a shelf life of about 2 years before they start making new models and updates at a cheaper price. The early adapters want it cause they will always want the newest toy to showoff and they will probably double dip 2 or 3 times for movies why cause they got alot of money to waste who cares that there wasn't much of an improvement from the last release. Which brings me to this point when did expansion packs become stand alone sequels?

Yeah, everyone spends 400-600 dollars to show off.

WHY is it so hard to understand there's people that want new games and can afford to buy them?

I guess the only thing I don't get is the insane rush to buy a system when it firsts comes out, and there's only a handful of games to pick from (most of which usually aren't all that stellar). Why not wait 6-12 months and keep playing you're "outdated" PS2 or Xbox or whatever?

New hardware is exciting and there is often at least one good launch game worth buying.

I am playing VF5 and T5DR right now. That's better then playing it 6 months from now.

New hardware is exciting and there is often at least one good launch game worth buying.

I am playing VF5 and T5DR right now. That's better then playing it 6 months from now.

Is the game going to become different in 6 months? I doubt it. And I'm sure that "new" playing rush would be there all the same if you wanted.

I guess the only thing I don't get is the insane rush to buy a system when it firsts comes out, and there's only a handful of games to pick from (most of which usually aren't all that stellar). Why not wait 6-12 months and keep playing you're "outdated" PS2 or Xbox or whatever?

I can see where you're coming from. But, if people want to buy a new system at launch, and they can afford it, well it's their money. What I don't get is the insane obsession for it. Like, all the crazy stories surrounding the PS3 launch. -shrug-

Speaking of the so-called "outdated" PS2, any recommended games? So far, I'm planning to acquire Kingdom Hearts II, Resident Evil 4, and Final Fantasy XII. This'll be my second PS2 -- on my old one I played FFX, Psi-Ops, KH1, and BloodRayne I/II.

I guess some people love paying $60 for expansion packs so adding playable bosses is worth all that money?

Dark Resurrection adds much more than a playable boss.

It's much less than 60 dollars. It's a cheap Playstation Store download.

PS3 is going to be the same in 6 months but I'll have missed out on 6 months of fun.

Everyone knows about price drops and hardware revisions. You're not bringing up some shocking new wisdom that everyone was too caught up in hype to see. When you buy a new system you weigh all those factors and then decide. For you the risks and price is not worth the new game. For me it is. I know what I am getting into, I just think it's worth it. I am not a sheep and you're not enlightened.

Waiting a month or so after launch is smart, because then you can see if there are widespread problems with the system. But if you're not planning on waiting long enough for a price-drop, and you can easily find one, why not get it? I knew the Wii would basically be a paperweight for a while after launch, but I had no problem getting one, and it's doubtful that there will be a price-drop within two years, so I just bought it anyway.