TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
haVoc

Denver CB Darrent Williams Shot & Killed

DENVER(AP) Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams was shot and killed in a drive-by shooting in downtown Denver early Monday morning, police said.

Team spokesman Jim Saccomano said police called him about 3 a.m. local time from the scene of the shooting and told him three people had been shot and that Williams had been killed.

A little after 4 a.m. EST, a white Hummer limousine was sprayed with bullets from a vehicle that up along its side, said Sonny Jackson, spokesperson for the Denver Police Department.

Three people in the limousine were hit and were taken to area hospitals, where one man was pronounced dead, Jackson said. The other man and woman who were shot were not identified.

Jackson said police were searching for the suspects and interviewing witnesses.

Saccomano said he spoke with coach Mike Shanahan and others in the organization.

"Complete shock. We're speechless. It takes words away. A terrible tragedy," Saccomano said.

Williams, a second-round pick in the 2005 draft out of Oklahoma State, started nine games as a rookie due to injuries. This season, he took over as the starter for Lenny Walls alongside Champ Bailey, and was second on the team with four interceptions and tied for third with 86 tackles.

On Sunday against the 49ers, he had a sack, a forced fumble, and led the team with seven sacks.

I figured a few players would get arrested last night. This was unexpected.

Wow, that's friggin crazy. Seems so weird to think that I was watching him play yesterday and now he's dead. The weirdest part is that like Corey Lidle, he'd probably be alive if only his team had won yesterday. That's some trippy, trippy shit.

It could really be some crazy asshole that did it because they missed the playoffs too. Thats just plain sad.

Guest Princess Leena

Someone watched all those night games, and the Broncos didn't even make the playoffs...

This is sad. Weird seeing someone die so young. Especially when they're on your fantasy teams, and you follow them.

A post over at the Footballguys forum said that Javon Walker may have also been in the car and that Williams supposedly hung out with some... not so good people.

Here's an article linking to the Denver Post

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_4931937

Police are pursuing leads that Williams and his companions were in a nightclub shortly before the shooting, Jackson said.

Homicide detectives were interviewing witnesses to determine the motive of the shooting.

The H2 limousine owned by A Advantage Limousine Service has room for 23 people and rents for $250 an hour on New Year's Eve, according to the owner.

This is sad to see. I liked Williams, since he was not the biggest of corners. He showed alot of heart and it is too bad that he is gone this soon.

Guest Princess Leena
That really sucks. I thought this shit happens in South America and Africa.

That really sucks. I thought this shit happens in South America and Africa.

I thought he was trying to infer that a pissed-off fan did the deed and tried to make the connection to the crazy soccer fans.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

Any confirmation that this was a pissed-off fan? Angry fans don't kill their players. I'm more apt to believe it was someone more unsavory, like a dealer or a gambler.

No. Would someone explain that comment Iggy made about Williams and how he would still be alive had Denver won?

How was a victory going to stop him from going to a nightclub on the biggest party night of the year? Isn't a win more cause to go party?

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"
Would someone explain that comment Iggy made about Williams and how he would still be alive had Denver won?

"Iggy's a tard"

This was posted by someone else on a chicago message board I frequent on November 23

"Whats with the Denver fucking asshole flashing gang signs after he makes an interception. Darrent Williams, on the sidleines after the play "Keep picking on me" and then flashing his fucking gang sign.

"Fucking thug. I predict he gets shot some time very soon."

"It was in the 4th quarter on Greens pick along the sidelines.

They had a camera along the backside of the bench and he was popping off..."Keep picking on me Keep picking on me"(alluding to the fact that they werent throwing to Champs side of coverage and only at him) then he saw the camera and flashed his little gang sign as it cut to commercial.

Im going to write the NFL and get his assed fined, I hope."

http://www.getbentchicago.com/forums...c,27924.0.html

This was posted by someone else on a chicago message board I frequent on November 23

"Whats with the Denver fucking asshole flashing gang signs after he makes an interception. Darrent Williams, on the sidleines after the play "Keep picking on me" and then flashing his fucking gang sign.

They had a camera along the backside of the bench and he was popping off..."Keep picking on me Keep picking on me"(alluding to the fact that they werent throwing to Champs side of coverage and only at him) then he saw the camera and flashed his little gang sign as it cut to commercial.

To be fair, anytime black guys do anthing with their hands it a gang sign. I remember some really stupid people complaining when Shaq and Jordan were doing "gang signs" in this one allstar game.

THey are in the same gang as Ahmad Rashad and Bill Cosby.

Guest NYankees

Did anybody see this guys Babies Momma? You would think that a NFL player could do better than that. My heart does go out to his two kids who will never know their father.

I was reminded on T.V. that Julius Hodge and Joey Porter were both shot in Denver in the two previous years.

But yeah that sucks about Darrent and everyone else who was there.

you are really an ignorant fuck

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"
One rumor is Williams died in Walker's arms.

Must've been something he said.