TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

BCS National Championship Game Thread

So the only undefeated in college football will end up five or six in the final polls. Nice.

Hey AP, it's your chance to piss people off. Give Boise your Championship! Too bad this won't happen.

So the only undefeated in college football will end up five or six in the final polls. Nice.

Hey AP, it's your chance to piss people off. Give Boise your Championship! Too bad this won't happen.

You really can't do it though. Florida just owned Ohio State. I mean, the best that can happen is Urban saying that Boise and Florida should get to go head to head if they want to do it. And then watch as College Football says no, like Florida knows they would, and Meyer can say, "Hey, I tried. It's all their fault."

If Urban is really serious about his hatred of the BCS, this is his chance to really cause it serious problems.

http://ohio%20state.justgotowned.com/

It's 41-27 at best, even if Ginn was playing. A complete performance from the team, even after the opening kickoff was returned on them for a touchdown. SEC = winnar.

Okay, so now that that's over...

WE'RE COMING TO THE SWAMP AND BEATING YOUR ASSES NEXT YEAR BITCHES

Ah, everything's right again.

I have to say this was a shocking performance tonight. Congrats to Florida, and what a year with the basketball title and now the title in football too. And a possible repeat in hoops that could come in March.

This final poll is such a mess though, what with Florida, OSU, U of L, Wisconsin all being 1 loss teams. Aside from Wisc. and Penn St. the Big 10 truly embarrassed itself in the bowls.

As far as Brohm jumping, he'd have to be a retard of epic stature to not go pro after Petrino left. The mass exodus from U of L will start with him and Bush, and guys like Matt Simms (Phil's son, Chris' bro) are already backing out of their letters of intent. Not that I WANT Chris Simm's brother or anything.

What an amazing year. I don't think in my wildest dreams I could have imagined that they would take it home, especially with this dominating of a performance.

For all the flack I've given to Leak over the year, I can safely say that Chris Leak is the greatest quarterback to ever play at the University of Florida.

I can't say enough about how the defense played tonight. Never seen this dominating of a defensive performance in a long time. Simply a perfect defensive gameplan by Charlie Strong and Greg Mattison.

What's the final Top 10 going to be?

Florida at #1 is a no-brainer.

LSU was #4 going in and won convincingly while #1 and #3 lost, so they should at least move up one.

Louisville and Boise should also move into the Top 5.

Wisconsin will probably suffer because the rest of their conference played like ass.

Playing "Time to Say Goodbye" over these credits just brings down the crushing reality that there won't be any college football again until the end of summer. :(

But since the season is over can look towards next year. Here are the non-traditional BCS interconference match-ups next year, note these aren't in any sort of order just what I was able to put together as obviously not all games have a scheduled date yet.

Alabama vs. Florida State (at Jacksonville)

Colorado at Arizona State

South Florida at Auburn

Boston College at Notre Dame

Tennessee at California

Florida State at Colorado

Connecticut at Duke

Connecticut at Virginia

Duke at Notre Dame

Northwestern at Duke

Oklahoma State at Georgia

Georgia Tech at Notre Dame

Illinois vs. Missouri (at St. Louis)

Illinois at Syracuse

Syracuse at Iowa

Virginia Tech at LSU

Maryland at Rutgers

Miami at Oklahoma

Texas A&M at Miami

Oregon at Michigan

Pittsburgh at Michigan State

Missouri at Mississippi

Mississippi State at West Virginia

Nebraska at Wake Forest

USC at Nebraska

North Carolina at South Florida

South Carolina at North Carolina

Notre Dame at Penn State

Notre Dame at UCLA

Ohio State at Washington

Pittsburgh at Virginia

Washington at Syracuse

Washington State at Wisconsin

Why am I more bothered by the dog with an arrow going through its skull than I am any of the humans suffering in those yougotowned links? <_<

If Florida wants to fully impress me (and stick it to the BCS!), they need to schedule Boise State next year. Different team, new year, not really for the title, yeah yeah yeah. I just want to see them play.

This has gotta be so sweet for Leak. Chastised a lot during his career, a coaching change, giving away some snaps to Tebow, and he ends up being Offensive MVP in the BCS Title Game. I had heard absolutely no talk about his pro prospects this year. I'm not sure he would have even been a 1st day pick let alone a 1st round pick. Maybe he'll move up the food chain more in the next couple months.

Leak at the moment doesn't project as a first day pick mainly due to his lack of size. NFL Draft Countdown has him 9th among officially declared QB's below the likes of lackluster college qb's Trent Edwards and Jordan Palmer.

I still wouldn't mind Green Bay taking Troy Smith if he does indeed remain on the board at 16 or whatever.

Big Ten looked so good before, Penn St & Wisco beat TN & Arkansas, but this trumps all efforts.

If he remains on the board at 16? Anyone who takes Troy Smith in the first round is a total dumbshit. Same for just about any round on the first day. The guy is too short to play QB in the NFL - if he does he'll probably have a Seneca Wallace-esque career.

If he remains on the board at 16? Anyone who takes Troy Smith in the first round is a total dumbshit. Same for just about any round on the first day. The guy is too short to play QB in the NFL - if he does he'll probably have a Seneca Wallace-esque career.

I think that's a bit much.

I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on him in the late 2nd round or in the 3rd round, but I still agree that picking him in the 1st is fucking insane.

BTW, the "too short" thing doesn't sit well with me when another Big Ten QB who was called "too short" is starting for my team right now and just made All-Pro.

I'd actual find it kind of funny if Florida blows out Ohio State. It won't happen, but the hilarity of Florida just crushing Troy Smith into the ground and knowing the only undefeated team in College Football wasn't going to finish in the top five even after knocking off the Big 12 champion would be great.

You just couldn't top that.

Well, other than the whole not happening thing, I was right about something. It was really funny to watch it all go down and Troy Smith was pounded into the ground.

I can think of better reasons than "too short." How about "can't handle pass rush at all" or "turns pass rush into 15 yard loss + fumble."

He handles the pass rush like Vick with half the speed and agility. If you are going to run away from the pass rush you either take a couple of steps up/to the side and throw it or run upfield with it - you don't run backwards aimlessly. Running backwards makes it harder to pass and harder for your line to protect you.

I dont care for the 'too short' thing.

It would be cool to see Brett Favre throw to Ted Ginn if for only one year.

Guest Vitamin X

Snap back into reality and realize we need help at safety, d-line, and running back, snuffy. Ted Ginn would do the Pack no good.

I fucking hate that Florida has both the basketball and football titles.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

Boise State has the best record in football and they finished in 6th place. College math, baby.

Boise St. also had the #82 SOS overall, so can we really weep over this too much? On that note, I will rant on these final polls one time and then leave it at that. How the hell is U of L #6 in the AP and #7 in the coaches poll? I mean what exactly is needed to finish in the top 5? Jesus, the coaches poll still has U of L behind fucking WISCONSIN, who didn't even make the BCS (and actually had a worse SOS than Boise St.).

For those wondering I am getting this SOS info off of www.realtimerpi.com.

U of L should be #3 in the final poll, maybe even 2nd since OSU embarrassed themselves beyond belief. There is no one who can justify to me LSU and USC being ranked ahead of U of L with 2 losses each, other than "Oh, those teams are just supposed to be better than Louisville" or something equally inane.

You know what I find funny? The notion that there needs to be more human factor in the BCS and less computers. I think if anything there needs to be LESS human control of it, since the media is definitely biased for and against certain teams and conferences, while the coaches all have their own agenda to pimp their own conference to make their own team look better. The computers simply weigh the actual evidence.

That site I just mentioned, realtimerpi? It had Florida #1 and OSU #2 BEFORE the game last night, rationing that Florida played the 3rd hardest schedule in the country and had only 1 loss. OSU had the #44 SOS.

Know what else is funny? The #1 conference on the site was the Big East.

Guest Princess Leena

There is no one who can justify to me that any team with a loss should be ranked ahead of Boise, other than "Oh, those teams are just supposed to be better than Boise" or something equally inane.