TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

2007 NFL Playoffs

Saturday

Indianapolis @ Baltimore 4:30PM ET (CBS)

Philadelphia @ New Orleans 8 PM ET (FOX)

Sunday

Seattle @ Chicago 1PM ET (FOX)

New England @ San Diego 4:30 PM ET (CBS)

Interesting matchups for the second round as really any of these teams has a realistic shot at advancing to the confrence title game. Subplots aplenty as well: Manning vs. Baltimore's D, LT and Rivers vs. New England's D, Seattle's offense vs. Chicago's D, Bill vs. Marty, etc.

At least the banged up secondary of Seattle will have a better shot with Chicago's passing game than if we would have gotten NO. Run defense however...

Dont forget "its the Colt's first playoff game in Baltimore in almost 30 years!"

Im not really worried about the game. If the Colts play like they did vs the Chiefs for the first 3 quarters, the Ravens will win easily.

And I want the Chargers to win since the Ravens already beat them once and can do it again, although if the Pats win, the AFC Championship game would be in Baltimore..but Im still more leery of the Ravens facing the Pats than either the Colts or Chargers.

Guest Princess Leena

Indy (+5) @ Baltimore - My only worry is that BAL's pass defense has been vulnerable at times vs. teams that can spread them out. But, BAL is well balanced enough offensively that they should have no problem getting into the 20s.

Philly @ New Orleans - Whatever the spread is here, I'm taking NO. They'll get all the breaks from the officials. Plus, they're the better team.

Seattle (+9.5) @ Chicago - Seattle really sucks. I don't care about this.

New England (+6) @ San Diego - Marty will run, run, run. Belichick will find a way to win this like 38-20. I'll whine.

Guest Smues

Sticking with the 'pick against who I want to win' method I got Patriots, Ravens, Eagles, Bears.

Bears got a great draw with Seattle, much better for them than the hot n' cold Cowboys. The Cowboys had been stumbling, but they also had a load of talent at the skill positions that could have been threatening given the right circumstances and the motivation of a birth in the championship game. Seattle, by contrast, has been pretty predictably eh all year, with a run game that just never took off with Walter Jones having one of his lesser years without Hutchinson around and Alexander banged up all season. If Grossman can muster "not incompetent," the Bears should take this handily.

Bears got a great draw with Seattle, much better for them than the hot n' cold Cowboys. The Cowboys had been stumbling, but they also had a load of talent at the skill positions that could have been threatening given the right circumstances and the motivation of a birth in the championship game. Seattle, by contrast, has been pretty predictably eh all year, with a run game that just never took off with Hutchinson having one of his lesser years and Alexander banged up all season. If Grossman can muster "not incompetent," the Bears should take this handily.

How does how a Viking lineman performs affect Seattle's run game?

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

After actually watching last night's steaming pile, I feel a little better about Seahawks-Bears. Hopefully team captains Kreutz and Urlacher can get this team motivated, since I certainly don't get the impression that Lovie Smith will. Ditka he ain't.

Wants are New Orleans, Chicago, San Diego, Indianapolis. Picks are the exact opposite. Man, I just want the Patriots and Ravens to get absolutely fucked up by Tomlinson and Manning, respectively. I've never been as wild about LT and the Chargers as a lot of people seem to be here, but I want the Pats out.

Lah-dee-frickin-da.

If I wasn't a Saints fan, this would be a very disappointing set of games in the NFC.

Bears beat Seattle because Seattle's beat-up defense can't put as much pressure on Rex Grossman as they'd like. (Man, I hope I'm wrong on this...)

Saints beat the Eagles at the Dome, just like they did around Week 6.

Ravens beat the Colts b/c Steve McNair is more competent than Trent Green was and won't throw a bunch of picks to Bob Sanders.

Chargers beat the Pats in a very close one

Indianapolis 27-14 Baltimore

New Orleans 21-13 Philadelphia

Sunday

Seattle 10-9 Chicago

San Diego 28-20 New England

Indy (+5) @ Baltimore - My only worry is that BAL's pass defense has been vulnerable at times vs. teams that can spread them out. But, BAL is well balanced enough offensively that they should have no problem getting into the 20s.

Whoever matches up vs Samari Rolle will have a good day, he gets beat at least twice a game for big gains. I figure McCallister will be paired up against Harrison which should keep him from going bonkers. And I'll go on the record and out on a limb in saying that the Ravens wont need to score 20 points total (offense/defense) to win.

And I find it funny that NFL Network is hyping the hell out of "The Complete History of the Colts" DVD now.

Let's see:

Indy/Bal-Unlike the Chiefs, the Ravens don't need Jamal Lewis to gain 120+ yards. Give him 25-30 carries for 80-90 yards and that'll be good enough. McNair's battle-tested and should be able to do fine. I can't imagine that Addai will have as much success as he did against K.C. Manning will be OK but the Ravens' D will keep the Indy offense down as a whole. Bal. 24 Indy 20

N.E./S.D.-I don't think LT will necessarily go off but he'll make the big plays when he has to. I suspect we'll be hearing Gates' name a lot. I think Rivers will be good enough. N.E. won't have too much success running the ball and Brady's gonna get harassed all day by Merriman and Co. S.D. 24 N.E. 16

Philly/N.O.-The Eagles are hot but they've got a tough task against the Saints high-powered offense. Philly is more than capable of getting the job done but I just don't see it happening in the Superdome. I'm not entirely sold on the Saints' D, but they'll make the plays when it counts the most. N.O. 31 Philly 21

Sea/Chi-I really believe that the Seahawks can win this game. I think Bears should be concerned about Rex Grossman's comments and the way he played in that last game. Plus the Bears D hasn't been dominant lately. That said, it's hard for me to go against Chicago. I think Seattle's prone to give one up to Hester. Seattle's receiving core is a little banged up and I'm not sure that Alexander can have much success on the ground. I hope I'm wrong but I'll say Chi 17 Sea 10

You know, I have to say this now. Yes, the Packers game is always important. But I don't see how people think that Rex Grossman is going to take the same attitude of a "meaningless" Week 17 game as he would a PLAYOFF game. I'm betting Rex overcompensates for those comments, which can only mean one of the two things: a great performance as they beat down Seattle again or Rex overthinks again and this causes a loss.

I still remember when EVERYONE here thought the Eagles would be the last in the NFC East.

I think Eagles could very well beat the Saints.

Any team can win, and yes even the Seahawks.

Phili vs New Orleans: I'd love to see Phili win especially over New Orleans in New Orleans. One big reality kick in the ass for most Saints fans and Saints bandwagoners too (which will cheer for a different team next year). If Garcia gets into a rhythm early, this will be a high scoring contest. Alas Saints will win by 9. 30-21.

Seattle vs Chicago: A Seahawks victory is a perfect game from everyone. They can do it as the Bears defence is not as great as in the first half of the season, and Grossman is eh. If anything Seattle is going to beat themselves instead of Chicago going to give them a whipping. 24-9 Chicago.

Indy vs Baltimore: If Indy plays like they did yesterday, Indy will win easily. Manning is unbelievable and even if he still throws 3 INT's, he had a 30/38 270 yards passing. Thats impressive, and so was that run defence. If the run defence holds up again, Baltimore is going to be blown out, in Hi-Def. 31-10 Indy.

New England vs San Diego: The game of the week, and whoever wins this game will be going to the Superbowl in my mind. These two teams have it factors, and New England's is always random. San Diego has LT. San Diego is going to win, but not by much. 30-28.

Bears got a great draw with Seattle, much better for them than the hot n' cold Cowboys. The Cowboys had been stumbling, but they also had a load of talent at the skill positions that could have been threatening given the right circumstances and the motivation of a birth in the championship game. Seattle, by contrast, has been pretty predictably eh all year, with a run game that just never took off with Hutchinson having one of his lesser years and Alexander banged up all season. If Grossman can muster "not incompetent," the Bears should take this handily.

Oops, that got screwed up. I meant Walter Jones without Hutchinson around.

Oops, that got screwed up. I meant Walter Jones without Hutchinson around.

Walter Jones was the only Seahawk lineman to play all 16 games this season, and Seattle had I think eight different o-line combinations this year.

The Eagles would have beaten the Saints if not for a NINE-MINUTE GAME CLOSING DRIVE that began the "Eagles can't stop run for shit!" slide for the Eagles from a 4-1 team to a 5-6 team. They're totally different now. Saints got ripped apart by the Redskins. Seriously, the Giants game was the toughest test the Birds will have in the weak NFC. And only because Giants/Eagles, even if one team is AWFUL, is always close.

Eagles win 27-20.

The Bears D is really good and Grossman is awful. Seattle is average and a really weak playoff team.

Chicago wins 24-17.

The Colts get bitch-smacked by the Ravens.

Baltimore wins 30-17.

The Patriots shut down the LT Express, as the best coach in football gets back to the Conference Title Game.

Patriots win 34-24.

Guest Princess Leena
You know, I have to say this now. Yes, the Packers game is always important. But I don't see how people think that Rex Grossman is going to take the same attitude of a "meaningless" Week 17 game as he would a PLAYOFF game. I'm betting Rex overcompensates for those comments, which can only mean one of the two things: a great performance as they beat down Seattle again or Rex overthinks again and this causes a loss.

I don't think people think Rex will do the same for the playoffs. It's the immaturity and complete lack of understanding his job responsibilities that is worrying.

One big reality kick in the ass for most Saints fans

What would that be?

I think the Saints loss to the Redskins was just them playing like shit, and not indicitive of the team as a whole. They just came out flat that week, and Payton did a poor job with playcalling. Given that they went to NY the next week and beat the Giants, I think everything is fine.

I think that after so many years of conditioning people still think the Saints just have to suck. Even if they've been pretty consistent, have a great offense & solid defense, lots of big playmakers, and good coaching...they still have to suck because they are the Saints.

I still think the Saints lack experience, much like the Bears did a few years ago (2002?) when they lost their opening round game at home after getting a BYE in the first round.

They've got a really good offense though and their coach is good, plus Reggie Bush is an amazing young talent who LOVES big pressure games.

The Eagles are playing with "house money", so a loss wouldn't hurt, but they ARE capable of winning, so I sure hope they do.