TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
theintensifier

OAO No Way Out thread

That was a nice hot main even, exactly what I wanted out of it. It looks to me like Batista did indeed turn heel, which is the way it should be. JBL was the MVP of this PPV tonight, since he really picked up the slack of Cole not being able to talk all that much. Heck, I didn't hardly hear Cole at all during the main event.

So yeah, JBL really stepped up his game behind the desk tonight.

You know, it seems like these SD PPVs are always well received and I never order them only to find out that I missed some great match or a return. Yet the ones I do get suck to high heaven. The last one I got was GAB from this year with the Punjabi Prison and all that.

Honestly, without the really solid main event with the hot Batista/UT stuff this PPV is one of the worst ever. There was really no good match before the main event, guys seemed tentative and missed a bunch of spots all night, Kristal Marshall was a nightmare interviewing people in the back, and the lead announcer Cole had laryngitis or something and could barely talk.

I actually sorta liked the midget match if for no other reason than it was amusing for comedy. Waste of Finlay's talents of course, but amusing.

But man this show was reaching WCW 1999 level bad around the point of the ECW title match and then the wretched Diva talent trash with the Miz involved. Lashley/Kennedy was a truly awful, putrid match that went seemingly 20 minutes and then had a DQ??? We get it, Vince. ECW now has DQs. Just don't FUCKING BOOK THEM! This was like watching Starrcade 1993 with Sting and Hawk vs. the Nasty Boys, another match that went about 30 mins. and had a DQ finish. That match was the definition of everything wrong with the new ECW, from a champion showing his family and amateur background (WTF?) to the pedestrian, plodding ringwork, lack of any real violent or extreme moves, and a fucking DQ. Seriously, kill the brand now and release everyone associated with it.

Anyway, the main event was good and had the right finish, which is all people will end up caring about anyway since that's what the show was hyped around. Avoid the rest like the plague.

Guest whizzo

Someone on the F4W board just made the superb point that the reason we dont know if Batista has turned is that Cole wasnt there to tell us.

JBL acted like Batista had stabbed everyone in the back, so I think this might be the start of a heel turn. I can't call it the actual heel turn, since Batista was just doing to UT what UT did to him anyway. I figure he stays tweener until right after WM, where he of course has to lose the title at this point. Then he'll flip out totally and go full heel.

The rumour going around is that the wwe has seen UFC ppv eclipse their records and are now following their blueprint in promoting ONE match to sell the ppv and just throw together stuff for the undercard since the focus won't be on that. I can't even bother right now how comparing UFC and WWE in this instance even makes sense, but the powers that be think otherwise. It started with the December ecw ppv.

I got bored and stoped watching after the tag team match.

Gutted i missed the main event, but ill catch the replay.

Even more gutted that Chavo won the cruiser weight title, just so Rey could come back and fued over the title. JUST GIVE IT TO JIMMY AND HAVE HIM FUED WITH JAMIE NOBLE.

The tag match was the worst of the 3 encounters, but i would like to see Duece and Domino continue to tear up the tag team division. Actually, they need some more tag teams for that.

Overall, it was a very mah show, not great, but it wasnt particually terrible. My opion might have changed if i saw the ME.

The rumour going around is that the wwe has seen UFC ppv eclipse their records and are now following their blueprint in promoting ONE match to sell the ppv and just throw together stuff for the undercard since the focus won't be on that. I can't even bother right now how comparing UFC and WWE in this instance even makes sense, but the powers that be think otherwise. It started with the December ecw ppv.

You know, the UFC might only heavily promote one or two big matches to sell it's PPV but they do also announce a full card before the event. Something that WWE didn't bother doing for December to Dismember.

JBL made this PPV watchable.

I am ALOT more interested in Taker/Batista than HBK/Cena.

Good to see Vinnie Jones.

true :lol:

It's only natural to be more interested in UT/Batista right now, since they've done more to set it up. Rumble winner, huge undefeated WM streak, world champion. Add in the compelling "heel" turn last night and that match is money.

Cena/Michaels is a slower burn since there isn't much of an issue right now. They are tag champs, and the only selling point is HBK winning the title again. Once they job the tag belts to someone before WM and start having some conflict then it might be more interesting.

If UT winning the Rumble, putting his undefeated streak on the line, and Batista turning heel can't get people interested in the MAIN EVENT of Mania the wwe would have lost all hope :D I just hope it is a heel turn and not just payback for the raw incident because Batista has no chance in hell of getting a 50/50 split going up against Taker and if the plan is still for him to go over he better do it as a heel. Anyways it sounds on the post smackdown Mania " I beat Taker and ended his winning streak and I'm still champion" is not a face thing to say. He's not exactly Steve Austin or The Rock here. They better turn him into a heel monster and just run with it. If Warrior got boos for being the first guy to pin Hogan clean in the wwf since 1984 until 1990 in post house show events Batista will cause riots because he's not even on Warrior's heat level at this point at all. He's primed to destroy a record that's been made at WrestleMania itself at WrestleMania.

Cena/Michaels will heat up. I mean it is RAW first of all and we know they have that brand as the A-brand. And Cena is tons ahead of Batista in the charisma department to say the least and he'll be working with tweener/heel HBK on the mic which is gold. The set up is already there for heat when they drop the titles alone. Then throw in HHH which if they are smart they would since Cena beat him just last year at the event. This match would have the more likely split crowd.

The main event was really good and the crowd were great.

The midget match and the ECW title match were ungodly horrible.

While JBL was good carrying things on commentary, I think his forte is color and not being the main play-by-play guy.

RVD with the dark match win baby! The sad thing is that I saw that same match in person at Backlash and it was an IC title vs. Money in the Bank match.

Promoter, if you think UT is possibly jobbing at WM after last night you do not know Booking 101. Can anyone see UT jobbing at WM after jobbing hard last night?

The booking of No Way Out was beyond horrible.

HELMS DROPS HIS FUCKING ONE YEAR LONG TITLE REIGN TO HEATLESS JIMMY WANG...

..WHCIH IS THEN NEGATED WHEN HEATLESS CHAVO "STEALS" THE TITLE FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME.

DUECE & DOMINO'S PUSH AND SMALL AMOUNT OF HEAT IS EFFECTIVELY KILLED. I love Kendrick & London but the wrong team went over. D & D will get the belts soon on SD!, but it won't mean as much.

3. Finley's tag match was abysmal.

4. Batista turning on Taker and effectively setting himself up ad the defacto heel will take some of the luster away from his eventual WM job/title loss.

5. Diva crap. Awful.

ECW Title match ends in another non-finish. ECDUB.

Worst PPV since Survivor Series, and was actually maybe worse than that event.

And any of you who think Taker's losing his streak to Batista - who is OLD, injury-prone, less over than before, and the shits in the ring, is a friggin' retard. Just STFU now.

I am glad Deuce and Domino lost. They do nothing for me in the ring and their hokey gimmick will fizzle out within 2 months. D & D are a perfect example of how the cupboard is bare right now in development. If the E is intent on keeping Heyman on the payroll I do not know why they do not send him back down to book OVW.

Cena/Shawn better be the last match at WM 23.

Because if they think they're going to be anywhere near the crowd they had for Hogan/Rock, they're nuts. Taker/Batista is going to be a SIGNIFICANT, but still a BAD match. Sid/Taker WM 13 comes to Detroit!

Nah, UT won the Rumble and his match with Batista has the more compelling storyline. It should go on last, even if it's not as good of an actual match. Besides, I think UT is winning the title and Cena is retaining, so the title switch should be saved for last.

Nah, UT won the Rumble and his match with Batista has the more compelling storyline. It should go on last, even if it's not as good of an actual match. Besides, I think UT is winning the title and Cena is retaining, so the title switch should be saved for last.

I am pretty sure that Batista will retain and maybe Cena too

2. DUECE & DOMINO'S PUSH AND SMALL AMOUNT OF HEAT IS EFFECTIVELY KILLED. I love Kendrick & London but the wrong team went over. D & D will get the belts soon on SD!, but it won't mean as much.

If D&D won then London and Kendrick would have lost 4 in a row. It was obvious they were going over. They already lost some of their heat since Ashley disappeared from managing them without an explanation, they couldn't afford to job to D&D again.

And speaking of Ashley, I love how there was ZERO reaction to her Sable impersonation.

And any of you who think Taker's losing his streak to Batista - who is OLD, injury-prone, less over than before, and the shits in the ring, is a friggin' retard. Just STFU now.

You call the booking "beyond horrible". Then go on to claim that if anyone think that WWE will do what you think to be the wrong thing then they are "a friggin' retard". Surely, they would do the wrong thing if the booking is so horrible?

Guest pith

I'd rather see HBK vs UT and Batista vs Cena but that won't happen. and who's Vinnie Jones?

Guest pith
Not announcing the original at Armageddon was one thing. Announcing the rematch, spending half the damn show last week hyping it and then pulling it a week or so before the PPV (on the WEBSITE no less) is a whole new level of dumb. And then they make it out to be Duece and Domino's doing, as if they want the fans who bought tickets to crap on the match because it's not a Ladder Match.

They'll probably just do Hardyz vs. MNM, Ladder Match. They surely wouldn't be stupid enough to bait and switch the match completely, would they?

i think somebody hacked wwe.com when the ladder match was displayed on the web site.

Not announcing the original at Armageddon was one thing. Announcing the rematch, spending half the damn show last week hyping it and then pulling it a week or so before the PPV (on the WEBSITE no less) is a whole new level of dumb. And then they make it out to be Duece and Domino's doing, as if they want the fans who bought tickets to crap on the match because it's not a Ladder Match.

They'll probably just do Hardyz vs. MNM, Ladder Match. They surely wouldn't be stupid enough to bait and switch the match completely, would they?

i think somebody hacked wwe.com when the ladder match was displayed on the web site.

Are you being serious?

Guest pith

Are you being serious?

oops i meant to put wonder instead of think