TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RonL21

OAO WrestleMania 23 Thread-April 1st, 2007

HBK using the DX music rubbed me the wrong way.. 'specially with him coming out in older style gear that just doesn't mesh well to the look and music of DX.

Just proof that The 40 Year Old DX will continue once HHHHHHH makes his triumphant return.

Someone a page or so ago mentioned that the first MITB was better. I just watched it at around 7, and while it had it's fair share of good moments, there were many times when the guy on the ladder could have EASILY grabbed the case and won the thing but had to hold off for a spot to get done. That takes me out of the match.

I haven't seen last years or this years, so I can't comment if they did it again, but I had never seen stalling like that in any other ladder match I've personally seen (which, granted, isn't THAT many...but it's not like i've only seen two or three). I could also use this point to talk about how sad the Bubba Dudley/Four Tables spot at Summerslam 2000 comes off with him staring at the tables almost the entire time he climbs to make sure he's in position for the fall.

He has zero charisma

Oh come the fuck on. :bonk:

To me he has none.

Then you're a blind Cena hating tool, fair enough.

I didn't used to like the guy at all, I hated him with a passion, but even I came around to realize he tries hard and is a lot better now than I ever thought he would be. Hate him all you want, you don't have to like the guy, but if you can't at least admit that he has charisma, then you're just being a retard.

To me he has no charisma. What charisma does he have. Does he have the potentia to lsteal the show like a HBK, Hardy, Edge, Foley? Am I excited and anticipate what he will say when he is on the mic, like the way I used to be with the Rock, Foley, Flair,Rhodes, Jericho? No!! I dont hate the guy personally, and if I remenber correctly he was a much better in ring worker with more moves the first 3-6 months when he was brought up. I just think they are using him all wrong. I dont appreciatte him force fed to me for 20 out of 24 months as the champ. Everyoine used to bitch about this about HHH and it was ok to. Know if we bitch about Cena we are anti-smark-marks-smarks ( lol )if you know what I mean. Its like it was cool to boo him and hate him for the last year, but just because its starting not to be cool to boo and hate him, we are wrong to dislike him? Sorry maybe its not his fault, maybe its the booking, but the guy bores me to high heaven

My main complaint was the Cena forgetting about selling the leg after selling it for the first ten minutes of the match. The end was hot, and my cuz and I where marking out hard for it, and Cena going over wasn't a surprise.

The Khalie/Kane match was better than I thought, but come on... use the ripped turnbuckle at least for the foot on the chest pin. Would that have been hard? Add another 5 seconds to the match with an irish whip into the exposed turnbuckle? Not hard.

They could have put the tag match on the actual card itself and not lost anything.

Damn I miss Mr. Perfect.

The overall Cena hate is on the verge of joining the classic McMahon and Triple H anti-WWE movements. Unbelievable.

Loved Cena showing his selling abilities with the leg work... hated him forgetting all about it later on though.

I really really liked the main event. How do you make a match out of two counter punchers? Give them a reason to initiate contact.

When Cena realized HBK was busted open he went fucking crazy on that cut. Those mounted punches were tight.

He has zero charisma

Oh come the fuck on. :bonk:

To me he has none.

Then you're a blind Cena hating tool, fair enough.

I didn't used to like the guy at all, I hated him with a passion, but even I came around to realize he tries hard and is a lot better now than I ever thought he would be. Hate him all you want, you don't have to like the guy, but if you can't at least admit that he has charisma, then you're just being a retard.

To me he has no charisma. What charisma does he have. Does he have the potentialsteal the show like a HBK, Hardy, Edge, Foley? Am I excited and anticipate what he will say when he is on the mic, like the way I used to be with the Rock, Foley, Flair,Rhodes, Jericho? No!! I dont hate the guy personally, and if I remenber correctly he was a much better in ring worker with more moves the first 3-6 months when he was brought up. I just think they are using him all wrong. I dont appreciatte him force fed to me for 20 out of 24 months as the champ. Everyoine used to bitch about this about HHH and it was ok to. Know if we bitch about Cena we are anti-smark-marks-smarks ( lol )if you know what I mean. Its like it was cool to boo him and hate him for the last year, but just because its starting not to be cool to boo and hate him, we are wrong to dislike him? Sorry maybe its not his fault, maybe its the booking, but the guy bores me to high heaven

Somebody define charisma for goldengreek. He obviously still doesn't get what it is.

Cena having no charisma? C'mon.. when he was rapping, when he was "fuck the world" the guy had crazy charisma. Him being a face has pretty much killed that and the writing crew has neutered him immensely.

Like someone else said, Rock said the same shit and wore the same "$1,000 shirt" week in and week out with the same lame ass Versace shades. The only thing I really hate about WM is the entrances seemed really fuckin lack-luster this year. With Cena still going with the whole "marine" schtick, I thought it would've been bad-ass to see him come out in fatigues while about 50-100 guys (druid's re-dressed) lined up along the entrance in Marine dress attire with sabre's held out for Cena to walk under.

HBK using the DX music rubbed me the wrong way.. 'specially with him coming out in older style gear that just doesn't mesh well to the look and music of DX.

With all of the time left, there wasn't a way to televise the Flair/Carlito tag match?

Are you kidding me? Did you only watch 6 months of the rock?

Guest NYR10

I think now the best way to go would to have a Kennedy/Cena feud.

Kennedy can say he's finally beaten everyone on Smackdown (again) and jump ship to Raw, giving Raw another top heel to add to the mix.

To me, Cena/Kennedy has sort of a Rock/Austin feel to it. With some cheering for Rock, and some cheering for Cena. Kennedy easily has the tools to make it over as a top heel on Raw.

Furthermore, anyone who still hates Cena really needs to think about why they hate him. To me, it sounds like you just hate him for the sake of hating him. You make it sound like he does absolutely nothing right and isn't over at all. Well, Cena has put on very good matches whether you like it or not. He's great in that big match situation, and a lot of you are denying that he has any wrestling ability at all just because he's John Cena. He's in and out every night busting his ass and, doing a tremendous job and some of you are too blinded by Cena hate to acknowledge any of it.

Someone a page or so ago mentioned that the first MITB was better. I just watched it at around 7, and while it had it's fair share of good moments, there were many times when the guy on the ladder could have EASILY grabbed the case and won the thing but had to hold off for a spot to get done. That takes me out of the match.

I haven't seen last years or this years, so I can't comment if they did it again, but I had never seen stalling like that in any other ladder match I've personally seen (which, granted, isn't THAT many...but it's not like i've only seen two or three). I could also use this point to talk about how sad the Bubba Dudley/Four Tables spot at Summerslam 2000 comes off with him staring at the tables almost the entire time he climbs to make sure he's in position for the fall.

I HATE SLOW CLIMBING in ladder matches, and that happened several times tonight. Funny thing is, I don't remember much of that in the first MITB. The whole "I'm going to climb real slow because I'm so blown up/worn out/beaten" move is quite dumb to me. Hell, it took Kennedy 5 seconds to get the latch off the briefcase. Punk just layed there "grabbing" the bottom of the ladder for about 10 seconds. That doesn't seem real. It didn't make me hate or dislike the match, but it still irritates me.

Something I haven't seen: About 10 mins or so into HBK/Cena, Shawn was working on Cena's leg in the corner, then gets on one knee and starts talking to him. They very noticeably muted the in ring mics for about 5 seconds. Lawler acknowledged it as Shawn saying "something about being his partner". Big coverup or just masking a called spot?

And the guy on 411 is an idiot. I enjoyed his review until he turned into a dumbass mark for predicting Cena/Rock, Hbk/STING! and Hogan/Foley for next year. Why does everyone want these "dream" matches?

I was wondering the same thing. Anyone know what that was all about?

Does it have to do with this?

Cena has gotten the ire of Vince, nearing WM 23. Though recent reports are still not settling on whether Cena or HBK will pick up the victory, Cena has told Vince and a few backstage that the fans, although some like him, are bored with him, and he'd be much better ventured as a heel of sorts, or go back to his rapper gimmick. Cena has stated he'd even like to drop to upper-midcard for a while, to appease the fans and stay away from title shots for a while, till he can properly have more ring execution, which people like Ric Flair have stated, is Cena's problem.

Vince however, thinks that Cena is delusional, and that he's been getting Rock and Austin level fan love. He has listened to Cena's complaints, but none the less wants Cena to be the spearhead of the promotion for a while still, as Vince believes that Cena will just improve as he goes along, whereas many, Cena included, believe that it will take more then that.

Credit - Jacked-Up Wrestling Magazine.

And is that any true?

There wasn't a single stall session this time around. Finlay tried to climb but collapsed. Punk was selling the blood lost but still got up pretty quick. Booker stalled but that was because he was trying to decide to get the briefcase or save Sharmell. At the end, Punk was knocked silly by the ladder shot and had nothing left to stop Kennedy.

Also, what a dick was Matt tonight? Convinced Jeff to kill himself and threatened to hurt Sharmell.

Just proof that The 40 Year Old DX will continue once HHHHHHH makes his triumphant return.

I doubt it.

Ten bucks says HHH turns on HBK his first night back and starts HBK/HHH #659.

I thought after Jeff killed himself, Matt should've shown concern for a second and then run up the ladder.

Also, nice to see that Matt was indirectly responsible for Edge getting killed- nice touch

There wasn't a single stall session this time around. Finlay tried to climb but collapsed. Punk was selling the blood lost but still got up pretty quick. Booker stalled but that was because he was trying to decide to get the briefcase or save Sharmell.

Also, what a dick was Matt tonight? Convinced Jeff to kill himself and threatened to hurt Sharmell.

I looked at Matt telling Jeff to kill Edge for him to get back for the whole Lita thing. But this is WWE, so I'm sure that wasn't the reason.

BAD, BAD WRESTLEMANIA.

Great opener.

And then ENDLESS VIDEO PACKAGE, TIME FILLER, and WALK TO THE RING ensues.

Batista/Taker was better than I expected, but still average. Taker bumped well.

Kane/Khali was abysmal.

Melina/Ashley was abysmal.

MVP looks like a joke and needs to change that hideous outfit. Match was decent.

Cena/Michaels was so SLOW and BAD, save for the nearfall teases at the end.

They just WASTED SO MUCH TIME on this show. Bad WM.

Needed 2 or 3 more matches, honestly. Even if they weren't great. Really disappointed.

I looked at Matt telling Jeff to kill Edge for him to get back for the whole Lita thing. But this is WWE, so I'm sure that wasn't the reason.

They acknowledged the Matt-Edge rivalry on the show

There wasn't a single stall session this time around. Finlay tried to climb but collapsed. Punk was selling the blood lost but still got up pretty quick. Booker stalled but that was because he was trying to decide to get the briefcase or save Sharmell.

I saw it as Matt trying to kill two birds with one stone. Even if that included his brother.

BAD, BAD WRESTLEMANIA.

Great opener.

And then ENDLESS VIDEO PACKAGE, TIME FILLER, and WALK TO THE RING ensues.

Batista/Taker was better than I expected, but still average. Taker bumped well.

Kane/Khali was abysmal.

Melina/Ashley was abysmal.

MVP looks like a joke and needs to change that hideous outfit. Match was decent.

Cena/Michaels was so SLOW and BAD, save for the nearfall teases at the end.

They just WASTED SO MUCH TIME on this show. Bad WM.

Thank you.

I doubt it.

Perhaps, but it shows that HHHHHHHH's spot is being held completely in place, regardless of if it means Shawn has to come out to DX music for the next 6 months. They could scratch the whole DX idea and just have HHH be the Cerebral Assassin again, but apparantly we all miss the dick jokes or something.

I think it's mostly that John Cena just isn't that good. I don't think much of anyone on here would say he shouldn't ever be WWE champion at all, but it's just tedious and stale seeing him constantly retain the title against guys who are obviously superior to him. Seriously, the guy is in desperate need of either a heel turn to freshen him up, or an outright injury that keeps him on the shelf for 6 months. That's what it comes down to...Cena isn't talented enough to constantly beat people. Him winning the title, losing it, regaining, and all that would work much better for him. Now he's gone over Michaels but to what endgame? He now has the belt with no real serious challengers left, unless Kennedy jumps to Raw and challenges him with the MITB (which should happen since we just saw Kennedy vs. UT and also vs. Lashley). What could be hurt by giving Michaels one last title run, let Cena chase him a while, and either he regains or HHH comes back to win the title, or maybe Edge steps up again?

I must be the only one who thinks the 2nd Money in the Bank match is the best one. But then I'm a dyed in the wool RVD fan, so that's to be expected. The only real flaw that match had was that it was a bit too short to tell the full story of Flair being hurt and coming back later. Other than that the exact right guy went over, Shelton got some great spots in, and the finish was terrific. Hard to explain, but more guys seemed to be doing stuff at once than tonight and there were 2 less guys.

HBK Vs. Cena was basically HHH Vs. Cena from last year, except the crowd cared about last year's match, HHH's offense was better (the fucking knee? in the MAIN EVENT of WM? That crowd was SILENT.), and the match was nowhere near as good as HHH/Cena.

TERRIBLE placement as the main, since Taker/Batista actually wasn't bad.

Taker/Batista was better than HBK/Cena. I fully believe this.

Oh, who will ever forget the STUNNER ON TRUMP. HA. Try showing that on Raw.

Guest NYR10

Come to think of it...honestly....what does HHH do when he comes back?

I'm not sure how much longer this DX thing will go on, and if it does, I'm not sure who they can feud with. Edge and Orton will be feuding amongst themselves, McMahon will be feuding with Rey and Lashley, Kennedy will probably be feuding with Cena...I just don't know where to put him....unless he goes back into the WWE hunt, but then where does HBK go?...hmm..

There wasn't a single stall session this time around. Finlay tried to climb but collapsed. Punk was selling the blood lost but still got up pretty quick. Booker stalled but that was because he was trying to decide to get the briefcase or save Sharmell. At the end, Punk was knocked silly by the ladder shot and had nothing left to stop Kennedy.

ORTON stalled for a looong time!! Even taking his time to move the ladder

I think it's mostly that John Cena just isn't that good. I don't think much of anyone on here would say he shouldn't ever be WWE champion at all, but it's just tedious and stale seeing him constantly retain the title against guys who are obviously superior to him.

My thoughts exactly. He's beaten HBK. Angle. Jericho. Triple H. Benoit. All guys who are clearly superior to him. It's just fucking ridiculous. Let him chase and then win the title, I don't care. Pushing new stars is good. But enough with the fucking superman gimmick.

I agree that too many people were in this MITB. It was almost like they were going, "Ok, now Punk needs another spot!" Having Edge spear everyone is an example of that. You'd think after seeing 3 other people get speared, that you wouldn't get in the ring, but nope! But again, it didn't take away from the match much.

I doubt it.

Perhaps, but it shows that HHHHHHHH's spot is being held completely in place, regardless of if it means Shawn has to come out to DX music for the next 6 months. They could scratch the whole DX idea and just have HHH be the Cerebral Assassin again, but apparantly we all miss the dick jokes or something.

You obviously like COCK.

I liked the show for what it was.

I really dug Batista/UT and Cena/HBK.

I didn't go into it expecting to see classic all time matches. They don't have the talent for it.

But I thought they did a good job for what they did.