TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

oAo ECW on Sci-Fi -- 4/3/2007

The Land of the Extreme will be feeling the fallout of WrestleMania 23 when ECW on Sci Fi returns this Tuesday.

ECW World Champion Bobby Lashley defeated Intercontinental Champion Umaga at WrestleMania, and was responsible for the egomaniacal Chairman Mr. McMahon leaving Ford Field a bald billionaire after the Battle of the Billionaires Match. One night later on Raw, Lashley once again defeated Umaga, this time in a Handicap Match also featuring Armando Estrada. What new challenges await the dominant ECW Champion?

The ECW Originals showed the New Breed that they were not ready to pass the hardcore torch to them during their victory over the young upstarts in their Eight-Man Tag Team war at WrestleMania. Tuesday night, however, the New Breed will have a chance at redemption when they challenge the Originals in their specialty match: an Extreme Rules Eight-Man Tag Team Match. Will Elijah Burke, Marcus Cor Von, Matt Striker & Kevin Thorn regroup or will they be forced to request a cease-fire in this battle over the Land of the Extreme?

CM Punk was unsuccessful in his WrestleMania debut in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match. But the straightedge Superstar also has been coveted in recent weeks by the New Breed as Burke has tried to convince him to join the young upstarts. Will Punk shed some light on his post-WrestleMania plans?

Snitsky has steamrolled every unfortunate opponent placed before him since invading ECW. Will anyone be brave enough to step into the ring with the deranged monster next?

Don't miss the next ECW on Sci Fi on Tuesday at 10/9 CT as the backlash from WrestleMania begins.

I love that their is so much going on in ECW right now and its still only a hour show and also the fact they're using so many wrestlers as well. Though I'm sorta intrested on how their going to do the extreme match for a 4 vs 4 match.

And why wasn't that just the stip for the WrestleMania 8-man tag in the first place?

Staple of wrestling is to have the straight match first, and have the gimmick match to follow. Also, NB is going over tonight beating originals at their game. Better in the long term to give the originals the big WM win but make sure NB win the "bigger" match.

Yeah, cause winning some nothing TV match a few days after WM means as much as winning at WM itself. JHawk, you are right...the WM match should have been Extreme Rules. These guys have feuded for so long on TV now that doing another basic match was pointless.

Of course the New Breed will win, but they're still the single lamest heel faction in recorded history. I'm talking lamer than the Natural Born Thrillers here.

The problem with the New Breed is that they look so weird together. OK, Marcus Corvon and Elijah Burke kind of look like they go together, for obvious reasons...but then you have a guy in a lame sweater and a vampire freak with his scary girlfriend. Just a weird, uncohesive mess of a wrestling stable.

Come on guys, they're bad, not the worst in history though.

Invader, they're just four guys who have a common goal who have associated themselves with each other just for that reason, like Rated RKO.

Cabbage Boy: I thought the NBT were okay. heh. Spirit Squad were worse than the NB.

Nobody but Matt Striker and Burke should be doing the talking for the New Breed. It could be worse it could of been 5 bald guys like Gene Snitsky, Sly Terkay, Mike Knox, That Freakin Fake Kane, and the Bashems.

Granted, I was still a mark at the time, but the Natural Born Thrillers were awesome to me at the time. Just a collection of hungry young stars who kicked lots of ass.

Should be an interesting match. Hopefully this match is actually extreme, because lately a lot of "extreme rules" matches barely even feature a chairshot.

If CM Punk eventually joins the New Breed, then I would keep on having the originals win, until CM Punk joins the New Breed, then sell it like "This is what the new breed has been missing, a guy who can beat the originals at their own game" Then once CM Punk is part of the group you can start having them win bigger matches, which could lead to CM Punk vs. Van Dam.

Punk turning right now is a big mistake. While I love his work as a heel, he needs to keep this momentum as a face going. The best choice is for him to deny both groups. NB for their "group" mentality and the Originals for being everything he is against. Punk standing on his own does more for him.

Yeah, there's no need to turn him right now. That would be a huge, huge mistake right now. They're on the verge of having the next great over face if they play their cards right.

What's the history of CM and Colt? If they brought Colt to ECW, what could they do with that?

Yeah, there's no need to turn him right now. That would be a huge, huge mistake right now. They're on the verge of having the next great over face if they play their cards right.

What's the history of CM and Colt? If they brought Colt to ECW, what could they do with that?

They are real life best friends (even lived together) and went through the indies together after going through same training company. They formed the SCS(they formed other groups, but this was big one) along with their trainer Ace Steel (also under WWE contract). They could easily have each group go after Punk and since Punk is a man of personal conviction, can only trust his child-hood best friend (not true, but that'd be the set up for his debut) to help combat the two groups. Of course, despite being best friends, they are totally different personalities which adds for tremendous comedic value.

That fat chick in the front row is digging Lashley more than anyone I've ever seen........and she got a hug....

That fat chick in the front row is digging Lashley more than anyone I've ever seen........and she got a hug....

If it means taking Jeff's fanbase to get a reaction, so be it.

Very nice, sounds like a plan to me.

That said, we might never seen any of them together on WWE TV just because of the fact that they have history.

That wasn't a totally horrible Lashley promo just now, but meh, still not great or imposing at all.

If it means taking Jeff's fanbase to get a reaction, so be it.

LOL, that's cool I just mentioned it because it was seriously the most I've ever seen someone into Lashley.

Very nice, sounds like a plan to me.

That said, we might never seen any of them together on WWE TV just because of the fact that they have history.

That wasn't a totally horrible Lashley promo just now, but meh, still not great or imposing at all.

I'm not sure. They kept Punk intact and a huge part of each men, is their connection with each other and their ability to mesh so well. Colt's a great fit for ECW or Smackdown since he can work a good style, do comedy or brawls and because of the in-place connection with Punk. I figure they can stretch Punk making his decision and denying each group for another 6 weeks. Which is in time for Cabana to debut.

Speak of the devil. Notice you don't see many Lashley signs but Punk signs are all over the place? Richards? They really need new blood on the roster.

That chick who was diggin Lashley just sat there with no reaction to Punk.......she's like the total opposite of a general wrestling fan.

I'm not sure. They kept Punk intact and a huge part of each men, is their connection with each other and their ability to mesh so well. Colt's a great fit for ECW or Smackdown since he can work a good style, do comedy or brawls and because of the in-place connection with Punk. I figure they can stretch Punk making his decision and denying each group for another 6 weeks. Which is in time for Cabana to debut.

Speak of the devil.

Well, all good points. I'd stretch out the CM Punk deal for weeks also.

Stevie!!!

Ouch, that was a rough bump Stevie just took. Never seen someone get spiked with that I don't think. If I have it's been a long time.

Yet, they still won't give us Punk-Guido. It's the only jobber Punk hasn't worked in ECW. Hell, just move Jamie Gibson over and let them do their awesomeness.

I'll never understand Stevie's career in WWE. He's had his moments of exposure, but more often than not he's almost never used. All the while though, WWE seems to love the guy, and they use tapes of his matches as examples of how to work and sell in the ring. It just seems weird to me. Does he have another job behind the scenes?

I'll never understand Stevie's career in WWE. He's had his moments of exposure, but more often than not he's almost never used. All the while though, WWE seems to love the guy, and they use tapes of his matches as examples of how to work and sell in the ring. It just seems weird to me. Does he have another job behind the scenes?

He has an office job if I heard correctnly, him and Nova.