TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

oAo ECW on Sci-Fi -- 4/3/2007

I remember Paul Heyman on The LAW back in '99 talking about watching Raw for the past year and wondering when he was going to start getting royalty checks.

Credit - WrestlingObserver.com

Apparently ECW superstar Elijah Burke blew out his knee at the finish of his eight-man tag match last night. As of right now, we do not have an update but will post one as soon as we hear something.

Give up that "IT'S NOT THE SAME!" sentiment. It's a moronic arguement that holds zero weight in assessing the value and quality of this product.

It's a brand name. They openly attribute that it's not the same as the "original" ECW but as a extension of the sports entertainment model. The quality of the show doesn't rest solely in the title of the show.

Why does it have to be a show of "extreme"? ECW, as I stated before was far more then just hardcore wrestling. Characters like CM Punk would have been the central forces in the original ECW and ECW had big men as well in the mold of Lashley. What this shows has right now that it didn't at first by any stretch is a direction and that's attributed to a great foundation at the head of the creative team.

So basically, agree with Hawk or you're a moron.

That's the impression I get from a lot of Hawk's posts.

Holly out

Written: April 4, 2007

Following the heinous and malicious onslaught by the monstrous Snitsky on ECW on Sci Fi, ECW.com has learned that Hardcore Holly suffered a broken right arm.

With the Alabaman's arm wedged beneath the ring steps, Snitsky repeatedly blasted the mounted steps with a steel chair on Tuesday night. As a result, the rugged veteran Holly received treatment after his match and was removed from action indefinitely.

Check back with ECW.com as more details on Holly's condition become available.

Also, check out ECW.com's Hardcore Hangover later this week to view the barbaric assault by Snitsky from ECW on Sci Fi.

Credit: WWE.com

Was Holly due to take time off?

I believe he was talked about taking off before the Lashley feud was brought up and was apparently promised a spot on WM and obviously that didn't happen. Thought "career ending" was mentioned in the conversation.

Apparently ECW superstar Elijah Burke blew out his knee at the finish of his eight-man tag match last night. As of right now, we do not have an update but will post one as soon as we hear something.

I read that on gamefaqs, but I don't know if it was that fucker who likes to write fake stuff who wrote that or not. I hope it's false.

Bob Holly really has problems. It wasn't too long ago that he almost had to have his arm amputated, and even worse he was on the verge of just flat out dying. I hope the guy can get fixed up once and for all. It's pretty scummy that WWE led him to believe he'd have a role at WM and ended up just dicking him around. He only stuck around working instead of taking time off because he thought they were going to give him a role on the show.

I read that on gamefaqs, but I don't know if it was that fucker who likes to write fake stuff who wrote that or not. I hope it's false.

It's false. He was just doing a good job of selling the impact of the Elijah Express.

The main event was great this week. Awesome finish.

I don't think it's a good idea for WWE to even consider turning CM Punk heel by joining the New Breed. Aside from being to early in his career, IMO he's the second most popular face in ECW(after RVD).

That's a potential problem. Punk is too popular to be put in with the heatless New Breed, yet he makes even less sense joining the Originals. Still, it'd be interesting to see Punk vs. RVD.

Down the road I would love to see a three way feud for the title between Elijah Burke, Punk and RVD.

Speaking of the title. Is there any idea who will be the man to take it from Lashley? At this point I am thinking that it is going to be Lashley until sometime in '08.

That's a potential problem. Punk is too popular to be put in with the heatless New Breed, yet he makes even less sense joining the Originals. Still, it'd be interesting to see Punk vs. RVD.

Then let him be the loner character. He's too good to join either. The Originals are fine with that, but the New Breed doesn't like that and fights him as well.

Then let him be the loner character. He's too good to join either. The Originals are fine with that, but the New Breed doesn't like that and fights him as well.

Yeah, I think that's the way they should push him. It doesn't make sense to make him part of a stable at this point. If they need to make him allied with either side, maybe they could do an angle where Punk and RVD become tag team partners, without Punk joining the Originals, and then slowly play up that there's some dissention between the two.

Of course, problem there is that RVD and Sabu are already a de facto tag team (and a pretty good one to boot).

Down the road I would love to see a three way feud for the title between Elijah Burke, Punk and RVD.

Speaking of the title. Is there any idea who will be the man to take it from Lashley? At this point I am thinking that it is going to be Lashley until sometime in '08.

Burke is nowhere near ready to become A world champion

no idea, but they are building up snitsky to face him soon

I definitely dont think that he will hold the title until 08 (McMahan will screw him up)

It really depends. If RVD does sign a new deal, I figure they'll find some way to put the belt back on him under the provision he doesn't get busted for weed again. At some point they'll want to move Lashley to a main show anyway. It might have to be a 3 way or something.

As far as RVD and Sabu being a team...well of course. They've tagged on and off for the past 11 years. I still can't believe they haven't done the obvious Sabu/RVD vs. Hardys match yet, considering the Hardys took a good 40% of their offense from em.

At this point, the only person I can see taking the title off Lashley would be Burke with a LOT of help from the New Breed. Then Vince never giving Lashley a rematch and moving him to Raw. Thats really the only thing I can see happening, and if that does happen, we would have Burke vs RVD for the title or Burke vs Punk for the title.