Enigma

oAo Monday Night Raw Thread -- 4/9/2007

Heat spoilers-

Cryme Time beat jobbers

Rodimer beat Super Crazy

Masters beat a jobber

Dykstra beat Venis

Eugene did the t-shirt thing and then Khali came out and squashed him

My only question is: What kind of dying kid wants his last wish to be that he gets to be GM of RAW for a night?

And what exactly did he do? He didn't make a match, no one beat him up and the most he got was a hug from Maria. That kid got robbed man, totally robbed!

My only question is: What kind of dying kid wants his last wish to be that he gets to be GM of RAW for a night?

And what exactly did he do? He didn't make a match, no one beat him up and the most he got was a hug from Maria. That kid got robbed man, totally robbed!

Dude, he got to make the Backlash main event and make Coach look like a bitch.

Dude, he got to make the Backlash main event and make Coach look like a bitch.

Hmm, I must have missed that part. I guess he did make out pretty ok.

How do we know that the kid didn't script Cena's "funny" one liners?

So I had some issues with the finishes of the big matches for tonigh.

1. Randy Orton vs HBK, double pin.

Double pin? How the fuck was that a double pin? Ok I understand if you know, both guys shoulders were down but umm THAT WAS NOT A DOUBLE PIN!

A. Randy Orton was making NO attempt to pin Micheals. Orton was laid out flat, body limp, "out". How the fuck can someone say, oh because HBK's shoulders were down, Orton was able to pin him?

B. Only 1 ref made a count. Not both Ref's, the other ref just sorta crawled over there to the pinfall, pointed and said "oh HBK shoulders are down as well, so therefore he looses." WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT!?

C. Micheals was pinning Randy Orton!!!!!! Just because his shoulders were down as well doesn't mean, oh well he automatically looses as well.

2. Bobby Lashley vs Shane McMahon

...ok let me see if I understand this, Lashley looses, Shane becomes Champion, Shane looses, he looses his hair. So what does Shane do.....he gets himself DQ'ed. Umm what? No, Shane just got himself DQ'ed...techinically shouldn't he be getting his head shaved? But instead, we're going to forget that and....he's just going to get away with it? WHAT THE FLYING FUCK!? Shane just lost..........and DOESN'T get his head shaved and they're just going to play it off like Shane getting himself the lost doesn't count? Great, great fucking logic. My head hurts!

I know it has no chance of happening, but how crazy would it be if the McMahon family wins the title and have Vince vs Heyman or Shane vs RVD at ONS. The crowd reaction in those matches would be amazing.

I know it has no chance of happening, but how crazy would it be if the McMahon family wins the title and have Vince vs Heyman or Shane vs RVD at ONS. The crowd reaction in those matches would be amazing.

No it wouldn't, because One Night Stand is now just another WWE PPV and isn't being held in the Hammerstein in New York City. A typical WWE crowd will be on hand that night in Jacksonville, FL.

The main-event for Backlash could be interesting, but I have a feeling Cena will go over clean. I doubt WWE will give Edge his MUCH deserved title run.

Guest robrabies

There is no chance that Cena isn't holding the belt for at least 80-90% of the next 3-5 years.

So I had some issues with the finishes of the big matches for tonigh.

1. Randy Orton vs HBK, double pin.

Double pin? How the fuck was that a double pin? Ok I understand if you know, both guys shoulders were down but umm THAT WAS NOT A DOUBLE PIN!

A. Randy Orton was making NO attempt to pin Micheals. Orton was laid out flat, body limp, "out". How the fuck can someone say, oh because HBK's shoulders were down, Orton was able to pin him?

B. Only 1 ref made a count. Not both Ref's, the other ref just sorta crawled over there to the pinfall, pointed and said "oh HBK shoulders are down as well, so therefore he looses." WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT!?

C. Micheals was pinning Randy Orton!!!!!! Just because his shoulders were down as well doesn't mean, oh well he automatically looses as well.

2. Bobby Lashley vs Shane McMahon

...ok let me see if I understand this, Lashley looses, Shane becomes Champion, Shane looses, he looses his hair. So what does Shane do.....he gets himself DQ'ed. Umm what? No, Shane just got himself DQ'ed...techinically shouldn't he be getting his head shaved? But instead, we're going to forget that and....he's just going to get away with it? WHAT THE FLYING FUCK!? Shane just lost..........and DOESN'T get his head shaved and they're just going to play it off like Shane getting himself the lost doesn't count? Great, great fucking logic. My head hurts!

L-O-S-E.

Lose.

L-O-O-S-E.

Loose.

They are two different words.

I think the double pin is more that HBK pinned himself since his shoulders were down too.

Were ANY part of Orton's body over ANY part of HBK's body this wouldn't even be an issue.

However, as it stands, it's dumb. It's easy to see what they were trying to do, but incredibly poor execution.

They just had to do the rise up from death and hit a snap SCM spot for Shawn. These things work best with cradles or suplexes, not when the guy just falls down on the other. Only a small handful of these finishes fail to feel contrived but last night was a horrible attempt.

Shawn wasn't really pinning Orton too. His body was weighted towards the side of Orton, with only his legs covering Orton completely and they left a big gap between the legs and Orton's body. People's griping about how Shawn had the match won is not understanding that. Neither man were pinning each other, and neither man won.

It seems some people are complaining too much about this double-pin scenario and they're forgetting that it's something we've seen before. Back in December 2003 the HHH vs HBK World Title match on RAW ended the same way and GM Bischoff awarded the match to Trips. I don't remember that many people calling that ending stupid, retarded or anything like that, maybe because it was such an awesome match. Remember some refs tend to count the pin to people executing figure-fours or even or Rita Romero Specials (or mexican surfboards, whatever you wanna call it) and those are HARDLY pinning situations. Hell, former wrestler (now announcer) Hugo Savinovich lost his fricking hair on a situation like that. Stop trying to be so picky, guys.

It seems some people are complaining too much about this double-pin scenario and they're forgetting that it's something we've seen before. Back in December 2003 the HHH vs HBK World Title match on RAW ended the same way and GM Bischoff awarded the match to Trips. I don't remember that many people calling that ending stupid, retarded or anything like that, maybe because it was such an awesome match. Remember some refs tend to count the pin to people executing figure-fours or even or Rita Romero Specials (or mexican surfboards, whatever you wanna call it) and those are HARDLY pinning situations. Hell, former wrestler (now announcer) Hugo Savinovich lost his fricking hair on a situation like that. Stop trying to be so picky, guys.

No one cares about the finish itself, it was pretty much a given from the second this match was announced that we'd see a double finish. It was the flawed execution between these two and how horribly they played it up. We've seen the double pin/submission finish work many times before and while it's usually contrived, it can be effective. This wasn't. It has nothing to do with the quality of the match by any measure.

You know, I think I could do without ever having Shane on my screen again. It's not that he isn't impressive when he does one of his crazy stunt matches, but it does nothing but show up the workers who actually have to wrestle the next day. And it seems like he is hell bent on showing up the wrestlers in the matches as well, getting entirely too much offense and burying talent.

Seriously, if they just did Lashley/Umaga in a hardcore match for the ECW title that might be a decent match. What is the point of including Vince and Shane? A part of me wouldn't mind Shane actually winning that, if nothing else because I wouldn't mind seeing him defend against RVD and tasting the other end of a real Van Terminator.

Wow, I was going to say the same thing about Shane. There's something to be said about the Boss's son being able to come out whenever the winds change, "play wrestler", show up the actual talent, take the big paydays (Main Event at WM, Main Event at RAW), and then slither back to his day job with the New Media Dept. Sure, he grew up with the business and probably has a lot of respect for the wrestlers, but even he has to realize that it isn't helping the guys that actually bust their butts night in and night out only to have the Silver Spoon reap the rewards.

If I never see Shane (or any McMahon) wrestle again, it'll be too soon. I'm probably in the minority, though.

For the people bitching about the double pin, Orton's portion of the pin does count. All you have to do is touch your opponent to pin him. Remember Jesse Ventura's famous SNME call "Bundy's foot is touching Hogan's!" when Bundy was demanding the five count.

That said, if you're going to book a draw in a long match like that, why not just book a 20-minute broadway? I guess "time limit draw" is obsolete like "belt" seems too much like wrestling.

Man, I predicted that finish but I didn't think it'd be executed that badly. The match itself was actually really good, everything up until the inexplicable decision that Michaels was pinned without actually being pinned. And there was no way for Orton to so much as put his arm over Michaels after he landed without it looking goofy (you can't lay blame on Orton's shoulders, once he took SCM he couldn't really sneakily lay an arm over Shawn without no-selling the move).

But, Michaels' reactions to Cena's cornball "ripping off Lex Luger's muscle poses for no real reason wasn't enough, now I'm gonna use Rick Steiner's catchphrase" routine were fantastic. Made up for that finish. Almost. Actually, aside from the finishes of the two marquee matches, it was a pretty good RAW. Cade and Murdoch vs. Hardyz at Backlash actually interests me, even if it was the Battle Royla finish last week.