TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lil' Bitch

SAW IV

The first movie was perfectly acceptable on it's own. This didn't need to be a franchise of sequels.. but obviously the producers saw money in the "gorror" genre and the crappy sequels started flowing in.

I have yet to see any of these...having kids make it difficult to watch this sort of stuff...but I have always been interested in at least seeing the first one, the other two sound lame enough so they're not a neccessity for me.

Am I the only one annoyed by the daughter being brought into 3, and possibly 4? Jigsaw's thing wasn't going after people who didn't deserve it. Seems like they're just throwing that out the window...unless it's another swerve

Umm, considering he organizes a man to shoot Dr. Gordon's wife AND daughter in part 1 if Dr. Gordon doesn't kill Adam, I don't think this one is out of his realm.

Jigsaw said he despises murderers, yet he tried to kill Danny Glover.

Can you blame Jigsaw? I mean, have you seen Gone Fishing?

It's been forever since I have seen 1 and 2. Would you mind giving a brief synopsis of the Gordon/Detective questions? Thanks.

Dr. Gordon cuts off his foot and crawls off to get help for Adam. It was just assumed he died but part 2 showed us there was a small flaw there. No corpse of Dr. Gordon in the hallway (there was a corpse of Adam so his question was answered) and no mention of what the hell happened to him by the cops other than he went missing. Even Jigsaw/Amanda don't mention what the hell happened to him, he just kinda up and vanishes without a trace. So the question remains, where is Dr. Gordon? Is he dead? Did he get out of the tunnel and just drop dead on the street? And if he did, how did the cops not find the tunnel after finding his dead body?

I forgot who, but either the director and/or the producer(s) of SAW have said that Dr. Gordon is dead, I'm pretty sure its on the SAW I commentary. There's controversy because we didn't actually see him die on screen even he looked PALE AS FUCK before crawling out the door. I'm assuming they killed him off because of Cary bitching about his paycheck. So unless they change their minds and give us a swerve, Dr. Gordon is dead from loss of blood and no its not him putting the key behind the guy's eye in the video at the start of SAW II.

I just finished the first one a few hours ago (was recommended it by a guro fan with whom I recommended Hostel) so, naturally, I'm online seeking out info on the sequels.

I really liked the first for a variety of reasons, the LEAST being the gore. And the idea of sequels is really puzzling, especially looking briefly over the cast lists. Amanda - the beartrap druggie? - joining with Jigsaw for the sequels? WTF?? And Cary Elwes suing for his money... I know little about it, but from a few reviews of the Unrated edition of Saw I, he seemed to enjoy doing the commentary. Suing, yet doing a commentary... it doesn't make sense.

Are the sequels worth adding to the Netflix queue, or no?

Every Saw movie is totally terrible in its own shitty way, yet I've still happily seen them all. They're trainwrecks I can't look away from. Each one is pretty much a perfect example of absolutely how not to make a movie.

I just finished the first one a few hours ago (was recommended it by a guro fan with whom I recommended Hostel) so, naturally, I'm online seeking out info on the sequels.

I really liked the first for a variety of reasons, the LEAST being the gore. And the idea of sequels is really puzzling, especially looking briefly over the cast lists. Amanda - the beartrap druggie? - joining with Jigsaw for the sequels? WTF?? And Cary Elwes suing for his money... I know little about it, but from a few reviews of the Unrated edition of Saw I, he seemed to enjoy doing the commentary. Suing, yet doing a commentary... it doesn't make sense.

I liked SAW II and III although I think Part 2 is the strongest of the three overall. Both are worth watching. I think people were turned off by Part 3 because

its the end of the trilogy

and the fact they did a lot of gore in it, which I think was inspired from Hostel.

saw_iv.jpg

I liked SAW II and III although I think Part 2 is the strongest of the three overall. Both are worth watching. I think people were turned off by Part 3 because

its the end of the trilogy

and the fact they did a lot of gore in it, which I think was inspired from Hostel.

saw_iv.jpg

saw_iv_ver2.jpg

The first picture is giong to be photoshop very quickly.

Anyways, I did see the first one. I enjoyed it despite not being a big fan of horror movies. It was good and different, but the sequels really hurt the franchise. I can see making one more, but that is all they needed.

I guess i'm in the minority here but I absolutely love all three movies so far. I am baffled at what is going to happen for the fourth and maybe even 5th installments but so far they have been really really good.

For those interested here is a clip from Saw IV} that was shown at the Comic-Con a few weeks back.

And here is the offical movie poster.

Details are out for the Uncut Edition of Saw III. I'm so psyched for the commentary w/Tobin Bell and Shawnee Smith. According to DVDTown,

Extras on the Saw III: Director's Cut will include: Three new audio commentaries with writer Leigh Whannell, director Darren Lynn Bousman, and Tobin Bell & Shawnee Smith, "Jigsaw's Plan featurette," "Filmmaker Favs featurette" "Looking Tortured Make-up FX Lesson featurette," "Choose the Death featurette," and a "Hydrovibe Music Video Featuring Shawnee Smith."

Also being released on the same day is the "Saw Trilogy" which includes all three SPECIAL EDITION UNCUT SAW movies in ONE 6 DISC collectible Jigsaw head package! Of course, these releases are meant to coincide with the release of "Saw IV" which spills into theatres on October 26th.

The cover on the Trilogy set is absolutely freaky. I know what they were going for - well, sorta - but I can't see it appealing to anyone. Face on the doll would take up too much space on a dvd shelf. I personally prefer the regular case for Saw: Uncut edition anyways; the floating blood is cheap but cool. Too bad the glass case was so fuckin' fragile >.< But, anyway. Pics below.

saw3-1.jpg

sawtrilogy1.jpg

sawtrilogy2.jpg

So is this just a double-dip of the director's cut that is already available, or is there something new added to this aside from the audio commentary and some pointless featurettes? I already have Saw III on blu-ray, so I'll probably pass on this one. The box set looks pretty sweet though.

That DVD case is brutal. If I were interested in getting this, I probably wouldn't as I hate shit that won't fit in my shelves properly.

I'm almost sad that I own all three on DVD when I could now own all 3 on Blu Ray :(

Just cant justify buying them again, especially cause of the price.

I dug the first two movies, they weren't as much about being as gross as possible. The third one killed that by just being disgusting with no point. After watching that clip, I'm not really looking forward to anymore Saw flicks as the gimmick has run very thin. I see the box office returns dropping greatly after #3, but will probably be enough to get another sequel or two.

So is this just a double-dip of the director's cut that is already available, or is there something new added to this aside from the audio commentary and some pointless featurettes? I already have Saw III on blu-ray, so I'll probably pass on this one. The box set looks pretty sweet though.

The current version of SAW III is the Unrated version. While the Unrated versions of SAW 1 & 2 are the "director's cut" of those films, it is NOT the case for the third film.

This Director's Cut is the true definitive version of SAW III that will run 120 minutes and they've changed the ending for the 2nd time in this one.

I dug the first two movies, they weren't as much about being as gross as possible. The third one killed that by just being disgusting with no point. After watching that clip, I'm not really looking forward to anymore Saw flicks as the gimmick has run very thin. I see the box office returns dropping greatly after #3, but will probably be enough to get another sequel or two.

I think they were pressured to get gorier because of Hostel.

That's the thing, Saw came before and set the tone. Hostel was just torture with no reason, there was a reason to the insanity in the first two Saw flicks.

Saw setup the rules, you have to earn your life, and Jigsaw never actually murdered anyone. Saw 2 followed the same rules of play the game, listen and follow instruction and you'll survive. You actually cared about the characters and when the twists came in the first two flicks it had a HOLY SHIT! effect.

Saw 3 went so far into the gore that it became less about people trying to get out of genius sadistic traps and more about how many fucked up ways can we kill people? So by the time it got to the end, I didn't really care that much about the twist. Plus Amanda didn't follow the rules, which I thought hurt the integrity of Jigsaw.

I flipped in the first when the body stood up and in the second when Wahlberg fell into the trap (and you realise that the entire movie was just a setup to get him into a game). The third I didn't really care at the end and with the added gore it killed the franchise for me.

That clip from the 4th looks like more of the 3rd and to be fair, you cant really expect them to have good stories anymore when they write them in less than a year and are working on sequels, which are inherently more difficult to keep up quality. The first two movies had much more creative time for the scripts (the second movie was just an adaptation of a script Bousman had already written) and it really showed in the story of the third.

I'm just hoping that they touch on the fate of Det. Matthews. Saw II left us on a cliffhanger with him being locked away in the bathroom, and in Saw III, they never directly say that he is dead. John only says that he cleaned-up Amanda's mess. I'd also like to know whatever happened to Dr. Gordon. I always figured at the beginning of Saw II, when the Doctor was shown inserting the key behind the man's eye, they showed the Doctor had a really bad limp, and never showed his face, as a way to work Dr. Gordon back into the series at some point. Some people just dismiss the surgeon as Jigsaw, but I never really noticed Jigsaw walking with a limp. He slumped around due to being so week from his Cancer, but he didn't limp like a guy that had recently cut-off his own foot.

I'm just hoping that they touch on the fate of Det. Matthews. Saw II left us on a cliffhanger with him being locked away in the bathroom, and in Saw III, they never directly say that he is dead. John only says that he cleaned-up Amanda's mess. I'd also like to know whatever happened to Dr. Gordon. I always figured at the beginning of Saw II, when the Doctor was shown inserting the key behind the man's eye, they showed the Doctor had a really bad limp, and never showed his face, as a way to work Dr. Gordon back into the series at some point. Some people just dismiss the surgeon as Jigsaw, but I never really noticed Jigsaw walking with a limp. He slumped around due to being so week from his Cancer, but he didn't limp like a guy that had recently cut-off his own foot.

Hmm, I never noticed that before. I'll have to check that out

The third one killed that by just being disgusting with no point.

I'd have to agree. I love Saw III only for the bits with Jigsaw and Amanda, really; the trap with the pigs truly went way over the line. There a thousand and one other ways to force Jeff to deal with the death of his son. Rotting pig guts is *not* one of them. Yeah, the heart of the scene was really him burning the toys, but c'mon... rotting slush?

I think another problem with Saw III, in terms of the traps, was Jeff being a complete imbecile and taking forever to decide what to do. Especially at the end, with the kid's murderer on the cross. Yeah lets wait until all four limbs are broken before doing something. Please. The movie is all about John and Amanda for me; Leigh Whannell even mentioned he found them more interesting than the traps in one of the commentaries. So whoever decided they needed to amp up the violence per flick is a fuckin' idiot.

And I agree about Amanda disobeying the rules. Kinda the point, really. Like with the Angel of Death trap. They don't define the time between the second and third film, and she has no engineering expertise whatsoever. Yet she was able to construct such a machine without John knowing? The only theory I could think of is that he made a non-lethal one, that is one she could escape from, and Amanda changed it. (There is a set-up of the trap in the workshop, one that is escapable...)

What I find amusing about Saw II and III is that, despite having their own plots, they're really about explaining the first film.

I certainly hope for another view of Dr. Gordon. Given his injury, 9/10 chances would say he died. John left Adam to starve, why not leave the doctor to bleed to death? Yet I doubt it. The doc would be more useful. After all, in Saw III John mentions he "could have an ambulance here in four minutes"; which would indicate he has connections. Amanda couldn't very well steal a heart-rate monitor.

I forgot to mention the DC of SAW III will be a 2 disc set so yeah even more extras.

I think another problem with Saw III, in terms of the traps, was Jeff being a complete imbecile and taking forever to decide what to do. Especially at the end, with the kid's murderer on the cross. Yeah lets wait until all four limbs are broken before doing something. Please. The movie is all about John and Amanda for me; Leigh Whannell even mentioned he found them more interesting than the traps in one of the commentaries. So whoever decided they needed to amp up the violence per flick is a fuckin' idiot.

I didn't like Jeff at all. He was a completely unlikeable character. As much as I liked SAW III, he hurt the film for me because I probably would have enjoyed it more if there was a different main character. Just wasn't the kind of protagonist I could get into.

Of course, it didn't help that he killed Jigsaw. I was actually hoping Jeff would take Amanda's place as Jigsaw's apprentice

Although I did like Jeff's game of letting him be in control, being in Jigsaw mode so to speak about deciding the lives of others. I would have let the bitch froze to death. I would have saved the judge. Still iffy on Timothy though. Live and Let Die!

No Amanda, that's what you thought. But I know different. You left him for dead didn't you? But -I- cleaned up your mistakes.

Amandawmatthewsawiii.png

In an unreleased deleted scene, Amanda kills Det. Matthews by repeatedly stabbing him with his own knife. Right before she finishes him, she says

Do you see me now? Huh? Do you see me now, you motherfucker?
Then she burys the blade in his neck and retracts it. I figured that's what happened anyway since Eric kept talking shit by calling her a "junkie bitch, nothing, Jigsaw wannabe" as she was leaving only for her to turn around and come back towards him before they stopped the flashback because of course that really pissed her off. I'll be glad if she didn't though, as much of a douchebag he turned out to be, I really loved Det. Matthews. His badass character was easy to like, plus he didn't have a problem beating the ever loving shit out of an old man dying of cancer! Maybe the writers will pull a Vince Russo and

Eric will be revealed to be Jigsaw's new apprentice!

Now THAT would be a Holy Shit! ending for me.

I certainly hope for another view of Dr. Gordon. Given his injury, 9/10 chances would say he died. John left Adam to starve, why not leave the doctor to bleed to death?

I figured Amanda killed him too if he was not dead already from loss of blood since

she kills Adam

. Not hard to catch up to somebody slowly crawling away. Dr. Gordon's fate is fucking annoying! Just show a God damn corpse with a foot missing so the debate can end or mention his body being found or something!

To those talking about the guy with the limp and the key in #2, that was actually Darren Bousman. He said he did the limp for no reason, but it's definately not Dr. Gordon.

Also it's been established that in 4 Jigsaw and Amanda are dead, they won't be coming back (though Jigsaw is in the movie, just not alive). Also a woman that plays a detective in the movie said in an interview that they find the bathroom and that it's a pretty big scene.

The definitive version of Saw 3? I can't wait!

These are pretty much the shittiest movies ever, but I've still seen all of them the opening weekend. I just love retarded shit, and they're all so wonderfully over-directed.

i agree. there's something really satisfying about that kind of over-direction that you really don't find in the over-direction of, say, 'crash'.