TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pochorenella

Spider-Man 3

I just got back from seeing this tonight. I must say it's not as bad as some people are saying, but it's also not as good as others make it out to be. I found a lot of flaws in the film that kept me from enjoying it more. They have all been mentioned previuosly so no need going back over them. I just hope that Part 4 is better. It should be since from what Sam has said he wants it to be a lot about Spiderman and Venom. Lizard is just going to be a secondary villian. Sandman was a real pussy in the end, but then again his character does become a good guy in the end, at least in the comic.

It is said that a character that everyone thought died will be in the next one. Venom can't be killed since he is a symbiot, plus my I've been told that Raimi said in interviews that Venom has a lot more to do in the series. Plus if there is going to be Carnage, you need to bring back Venom since the serial killer gets taken over by a symbiot from the Venom "suit."

Is he set on bringing back Eddie Brock, or will there be another host?

The reason why I didn't think he'd bring back Venom because he's expressed dislike for the character.

It's falling pretty hard this week at the box office. It probably won't make 400+ domestic.

I noticed that too. This weekend will really see how well it will end up doing. I wonder if it can do 200 mil in 8 days

Plus if there is going to be Carnage, you need to bring back Venom since the serial killer gets taken over by a symbiot from the Venom "suit."

They're Spider-Man movies, a serial killer bad guy would be completely unacceptable. All Spider-Man bad guys have to be complex and have 'motivation' and 'redemption', because Sam Raimi is too afraid to have an actual villain who actually wants to kill people. Instead, we get guys who are really nice get turned bad by something horrible, then have a few minutes at the end of the movie where they explain themselves and make you feel sorry for them.

Which is why Batman Begins will always be better than Spider-Man.

They're Spider-Man movies, a serial killer bad guy would be completely unacceptable. All Spider-Man bad guys have to be complex and have 'motivation' and 'redemption', because Sam Raimi is too afraid to have an actual villain who actually wants to kill people. Instead, we get guys who are really nice get turned bad by something horrible, then have a few minutes at the end of the movie where they explain themselves and make you feel sorry for them.

Which is why Batman Begins will always be better than Spider-Man.

What???

Batman Begins is vastly better than any of the Spider-Man movies, I will definitely agree to that. Best superhero movie ever, and its not too terribly close.

Batman Begins is vastly better than any of the Spider-Man movies, I will definitely agree to that. Best superhero movie ever, and its not too terribly close.

Mask of the Phantasm?

Howard the Duck?

I liked the animated Batman series a lot but I thought Mask of the Phantasm was crap when I saw it in 1993. My main problem with it was I didn't see how that hot redhead chick could possibly don a Phantasm suit and throw 300 lb. mobsters around like it was nothing.

Batman Begins isn't as easy to "get" as the Spider-Man films, but yeah after seeing it a couple of times I can agree it is better. It still comes off like a filmed version of a one shot graphic novel (albeit an interesting one) rather than a definitely origin though.

I don't really think Dafoe's Goblin was a nice guy turned evil. He was straight evil. The only argument you can make for him is his "Don't tell Harry" line just as he dies. But that doesn't make him good, IMO.

Well, Spider-Man 3 is now the first movie in the series to fall below 7.0 on IMDB. It's sitting at 6.8 right now. I can't believe that Disturbia ended up getting better reviews than a Spider-Man flick. It's just sad when you think about it.

It's bullshit. This movie is good, but people expected the best movie ever and will get pissed and over blow the flaws of the movie. It was very entertaining.

I think it's sad because Spider-Man 3 is bad enough to warrant such a poor score, not that I think it's sad because people are being too hard on it.

But I'm not going to get into that.

I was entertained while I watched the flick, I'll give it that. I enjoyed the action, and it was indeed Spider-Man. It's just too bad that much of what entertained me, it was in a way that it wasn't meant to be.

I hope you guys don't mind me using the avatar. Thanks.

And anyone have any ideas as to who would play Carnage? I'm stumped.

I'm not gonna argue with people's tastes in movies or super-heroes, as you can like whatever you want. However, stating that one movie is better than the other because of a featured villain's propensity of commiting murder or his/hers redeeming qualities, as tommytomlin said, is weak at best.

For the record, I feel Spider-Man 2 is the greatest superhero movie ever. Hell, Spider-Man is the greatest superhero ever (there goes that topic again.) And to back this up I'll refer you HERE.

'Nuff said.

The whole theater bursted out laughing when Mary Jane dumped Peter on the bridge, couldn't take him seriously. I'm sure that was the impression Raimi wanted to make.

I'm not gonna argue with people's tastes in movies or super-heroes, as you can like whatever you want. However, stating that one movie is better than the other because of a featured villain's propensity of commiting murder or his/hers redeeming qualities, as tommytomlin said, is weak at best.

For the record, I feel Spider-Man 2 is the greatest superhero movie ever. Hell, Spider-Man is the greatest superhero ever (there goes that topic again.) And to back this up I'll refer you HERE.

'Nuff said.

Well fuck that list. It doesn't even include Unbreakable.

Since when does IMDB have any credibility?

I thought it was just geeks posting "SOUNDTRACK QUESTION FOR VARSITY BLUES..." and such.

Katie Holmes was in Batman Begins, and she's pretty horrible (or at least shows her terrible "acting" in films like Go, The Gift, Disturbing Behavior, and BB), so don't gimme that "best comic movie ever" nonsense.

The whole theater bursted out laughing when Mary Jane dumped Peter on the bridge, couldn't take him seriously. I'm sure that was the impression Raimi wanted to make.

Truthfully, Peter Parker is a whiny worthless self centered little dick. If that is how he is in the comics, then mission accomplished by Sam and Tobey. The more I see of the series, the more I hate Peter Parker and his "relationship" with MJ.

I still don't understand why she even likes him other than she has issues from her father and Peter is her punishment to herself. Like the human form of cutting herself.

And I'll take Spider-Man over Batman Begins barely. Spider-Man 2 and Spider-Man 3 are horrible films for me. One was too rushed and the other was a Dashboard Confessional video starring Spider-Man. If you take the train scene and the Evil Dead homage out of Spider-Man 2, it's a waste of film for me.

I found her to be a bitch, but yeah I agree about that with Parker. Although I found him to be hilarious, especially the part where he was talking about how everyone is always talking about Spider-Man.

I finally saw it. Overall, I thought it was good, with complaints here and there, but overall really entertaining. Not better than the second movie, though.

I have most of the same complaints as everyone, the biggest obviously being that there was too much for one movie. I didn't mind them inserting Harry's arc in there, but Sandman and Venom needed their own movie.

The obvious cliffhanger should have been Eddie Brock getting the symbiote, with the next movie being Eddie playing mind games with Peter in between fights... showing up at Aunt May's for dinner, inviting himself to hang out with MJ & Peter (I'm almost positive one, if not both, were in the animated series).

Minor complaint: Venom's voice. As soon as Brock gets the suit, Venom looks as scary as he should. Then all of the sudden, Sandman is walking down an alley, and grabs... Venom, instead of Spider-Man. Venom (in Eric Foreman voice), complete with mask on, the tongue and teeth says something along the lines of: "Hey Flint, so you want Spider-Man dead too? Let's team up." I don't mind that Venom kept taking off his mask. That would've been fine to use Topher's real voice. If anyone else remembers the Fox cartoon, that should have been Venom's voice.

It's been mentioned, but Sandman's motivation in the final sequence seems to make no sense. I would've been fine with the team-up, even though I think Venom should've been a big enough threat on his own, but when it's all finished, Sandman suddenly apologizes like nothing happened, and Peter accepts. I was waiting for Sandman to reveal that Venom kidnapped his daughter to force him to help him. That would've made much more sense.

And I must be the only person on the entire board who doesn't mind Kirsten Dunst as MJ.