TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pochorenella

Spider-Man 3

an easy idea i heard for hte next movie is that the lizard goes loose on the city and kraven comes to town to hunt the lizard, and of course spidey has to save doc conners from getting killed as the lizard by kraven.

I love that idea...I think Kraven would be an awesome movie villian.

That storyline is from the Spider-man 3 Game.

There are also a few "other" characters in the game, (much like Spider-man 2 had Mysterio) so I doubt we'd be seeing them in any future movies. At least movies by these same people.

well poop...

an easy idea i heard for hte next movie is that the lizard goes loose on the city and kraven comes to town to hunt the lizard, and of course spidey has to save doc conners from getting killed as the lizard by kraven.

There are also a few "other" characters in the game, (much like Spider-man 2 had Mysterio) so I doubt we'd be seeing them in any future movies. At least movies by these same people.

well poop...

Saying that, you fight the Lizard in the Spiderman 3 game, so i wouldnt give up hope yet.

i dont think that means anything - because they haven't decided yet what the next movie is gonna be about. Heck, during pre-production, the Vulture was going to be in Spidey 3. As I recall, don't other official movie games have various villians that havent been in the movies yet?

I think the fact that they've made an effort to have Doc Conners in both films means its at least on the table if they decide to go that route.

I was thinking, Conners does have a small sample of the symbiote, it might be interesting if he merged that with Lizard DNA to regrow his arm, it'd be one way of explaining how the transformation was possible (symbiote cells!)

From Imdb.com

Webbed superhero Spider-Man will appear in at least three more movies, Sony Pictures has confirmed. The studio's chief executive Michael Lynton said after the box office success of the latest release Spider-Man 3, there is a huge audience waiting to see the story continue. Lynton tells BBC News, "Everybody has every intention of making a fourth, a fifth and a sixth and on and on. (We'll make) as many as we can make good stories for." Spider-Man 3 entered the record books as the most successful new release ever after taking $148 million in its opening weekend. Lynton enthuses, "I think it had a lot to do with timing - the fact we were the first out in the summer. I think it had to do with the fact that the movie had a universal appeal, it had a broader appeal than the second movie, it attracted a family audience and brought the family audience back. There were many factors that contributed to it, and there's a part that you just put down to 'I don't know'." Lynton did not confirm whether director Sam Raimi or Tobey Maguire would be coming back for the fourth installment and beyond.

Good to hear, but Toby McGuire has to come back. I don't want this to become the first set of Batman movies.

It would be pretty simple to get Carnage to work. I could definitely see Lizard helping Spiderman trying to defeat Carnage too.

More spiderman films can only be good, but i certainly hope Raimi and Maguire return, Maguire more than anything else.

Even if he's afraid of being typecast, who cares? He was born to play Peter Parker.

I saw the film last night, thought it meandered and wasn't as tightly focused, Sandman was an unnecessary character, but there was a lot I liked and didn't feel the film was a waste, so I'd say B-/B overall.

But as a small rant, what is it these days with having super villians in Spider-man films being flawed individuals, who don't mean to be bad, just more carry their obssesions too far. I mean Venom is the closest one gets to a true villian (and even then Raimi tries to give Brock enough hard luck to make you feel semi-sympathetic for him). Would it be too much to ask for Spidey to face someone who truly wants to hurt the city, and isn't redeamable. Course if they go with The Lizard, it'd be another character who isn't a bad man, just ends up losing control until the last 5 minutes where he has a moment of clairity and redeems himself (Right before death Norman Osborn felt regret at what he'd become, last words being "don't tell Harry"). I want a true Bad Guy. That's all.

Well, not only that aspect but it's cheesy that ALL of these various heels have some connection to Peter Parker. Let's take inventory:

--Green Goblin. Yep. His best friend's dad.

--Doc Ock. Yep. Professor at his university, Peter was doing a paper on him.

--Sandman. Yep. Dude shot his uncle.

--Venom. Yep. Rival photographer at his newspaper.

If they add Lizard it's yet another prof. that goes bad. WTF? That has to be one fucked up school. Let's have a heel that's just some maniac that's out to wreck NYC, or Kraven the Hunter stalking Spidey, doesn't really matter. Something that doesn't require a deus ex machina.

The first Batman had this problem, trying to force The Joker into some meaningful role in Bruce Wayne's life (killing his parents) rather than him just being a psycho. At least with Batman Begins they had a logical role that Ra's Al Ghul played in Bruce Wayne's life that was built at the beginning.

Ironically enough the one guy who DOES have a valid connection to Bruce Wayne is Two Face/Harvey Dent, and in the movie I don't recall them ever exactly mentioning that backstory of Bruce and Harvey. Instead we get this cheesy video footage of Dent being burned by the acid in court with Batman trying to make a save. Why did they not have Bruce Wayne try to make that save, since there's no way Batman would be allowed in court in his full costume? Looked really goofy in the movie.

Here is a fantastic John August blog posting that goes over so many of the coincidences in SP3.

And for those of you who don't know, John August is a screenwriter, and his credits include Go, Charlie's Angels, Big Fish, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Corpse Bride, The Nines, and the upcoming Shazam! as well.

Your right.

so im just rewatching the film cause im cheap and a better copy is available now, and could this be a subtle hint from rami that Doc Ock is indeed the dead guy whom may return?

ockoz8.jpg

Unfortunatly i think your wrong. JJJ has his most famous front pages over his office, i think theres one of the Goblin too.

I assumed Doc Ock was a professor of some sort at the college? Maybe not full time exactly since he was doing his mad scientist experiments, but I figure he'd probably have taught there at some point.

If you listen to the commentary from SM2, Raimi really enjoys the villans who have good, sympathetic sides to them.

That being said, beyond the Lizard, I think they've kind of mined that vein.

Bring back Venom and in the second half, introduce Carnage.

Do it. I'm not saying they have to do outright Maximum Carnage but...

yeah, when I saw that on his wall I wasn't thinking "is Doc Ock still alive?", I was thinking "JJJ is tooting his own horn"

In those words?

yeah, when I saw that on his wall I wasn't thinking "is Doc Ock still alive?", I was thinking "JJJ is tooting his own horn"

In those words?

yes

toot toot

I don't see the need for Carnage, a straight up Spidey vs Venom movie would work. Have Venom kill off MJ at the inevitable Peter/MJ wedding, maybe the Lizard if they have to have a second villain.

As far as this movie goes, why would MJ break up with Peter on the bridge? Her boyfriend is freaking Spiderman, if anyone is able to stop the deranged Harry it's him. And where was she going to go to 'get help' for Harry when he was dying? She was in the middle of a half-built half-ruined skyscraper. I also like how the cops watched as Spiderman was pretty much beaten to death...good work, everyone.

that whole 'break up with Peter or i'll kill him' thing was very "Smallville". and Dunst was quite Lana esque. All she had to do was tell Peter and he'da opened up a can of whoop ass on Harry.

I deicded to watch the Venom saga animatied series DVD with some people out of town this past weekend (I get the feeling that show is never going to get a proper DVD season treatment. Thanks, Beuna Vista!). Between watching that and watching the 'sagas' YTV had been showing the Saturday's leading up to the movie, I apparently forgot how much exposition that show had. Peter talks to himself (or out loud to no one) almost everytime he appears on screen. Still fun, though. It was funny picturing Eddie Brock as Moe Syzlak whenever he spoke as well (didn't have a that much of a problem with the Eric Foreman / Eddie Brock Jr. issue in the movie, though - Topher did a good job. That's not to say Hank Azaria didn't do a good voice or even sounded too much like Moe, it was just the group of people I was watching it with enjoyed the idea of Moe becoming Venom).

Watching the animated version of the Venom saga was neat in seeing which scenes were borrowed by the movie; from the trailer and memory, I knew the 'reflection' scene was taken, but now seeing both in full again I see that entire sequence (symbiote makes the move while Peter sleeps, he awakens hanging upside down looking at his relefection in a building) was pretty much adapted right from the the animated series. It would have been cool if the nightmare sequence where Spider-Man and the symbiote battle, followed by the symbiote eating Parker before he wakes up, made it into the film.

The Venom DVD also has the episode where Iron Man (which just came on the radio, oddly enough) go after Carnage, which has my favourite lazy animator scene (that I remember) in that entire series: Iron Man flies up through a hole in the ceiling and Spider-Man follow him. Doesn't shoot web or anything, just takes off in flight.

Any good lazy animating has to come from the Captain America animated series.

Caught the matinee today. Not a bad flick top to bottom, although the dance scene had me thinking what in the hell it was doing there, and Peter's "cool schtick" went a little too long, eventhough it was really kind of clever how he was a nerd trying to be cool, but still looked like a nerd.

Bryce Dallas Howard? Hot, and I'll repeat that she totally blew Kirsten Dunst out of the water in everything, looks, acting ability, tudo.

It seemed to drag a little, and why in the hell didn't MJ just tell Peter she got canned? I hate when they make a scene more complicated than it needs to be just to add pointless relationship conflict.

Solid movie, I probably won't go see it again in the theaters, but a worthy start to the summer blockbuster season.

Enjoyed it to an extent. The humerous bits worked, and the effects were great. But...

HATED the deus ex machina that was Harry's butler, and was almost as annoyed by the Sandman storyline. Was killing Spiderman really the only option for a super powered character we are then expected 20 mins later to accept feels extremely guilty over killing before?

And Brock popped out from behind the Venom mask too often. For me it spoilt the mystique of the character to have his camp little face coming out for a rant every few minutes.