TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
milliondollarchamp

Shows Worthy of Cancellation

Deal or no Deal is the dumbest show that ever lived.

Anything with Nancy Grace - What a crazy lady. I follow crimes and trials and her shows just makes me crazy. Her ignorant remarks about the island of Aruba when the Natalee Holloway case was big news made me want to drop-kick her. Ditto for the Duke case. I hear her show Closing Arguments is going bye-bye. Good.

George Lopez - Why is garbage still on the air? George Lopez is not funny & his show is even worse.

The Real World: Why is this still on? After 64 seasons you'd think MTV would let. it. die.

Every season it's the same people over and over and over and over.

The 4400 - What started out as a neat alien abduction show has turned into some really bad writing and storylines. Just let it go.

Psych - Good premise, cannot hold out that long - the schtick has to end.

Yeah I think the reason that most of those shows are still on the air is that they do good ratings...

Everyone seems to love the Real World with its beautiful people acting up!

The Real World: Why is this still on? After 64 seasons you'd think MTV would let. it. die.

Every season it's the same people over and over and over and over.

There are reports that the 20th season is going to be the last. And MTV/BMP is trying to get people who want to do something with their lives, not just people who want to be actors and thinking this will break them into the business.

Two and Half Men - How is this the number 1 comedy in the country? It is horrible.

I never understood wanting a show that you don't watch to be cancelled. If you don't like it, don't watch it. I think its completely up to the fanbase to decide if a show needs cancelling or not (and that does apply to some in this thread).

Psych hasn't really lost any steam like 4400 has, plus it has Dule Hill who rules the world. 4400 just feels like it ran out of ideas completely, which is a damn shame since it has a solid cast and a great premise. I watch it and it just wasn't working anymore.

Plus with Psych, it's a basic detective comedy like Monk, albeit with different "talents". You can create tons of different cases to be used as a basic subplot along with the major ones. They have no reason to be cancelled. And yes, Dule Hill does rule.

30 Rock.

Agreed. NBC's love affair with Alec Baldwin needs to end. Hell, Alec Baldwin needs to end.

Isn't Alec Baldwin leaving the show to deal with his personal problems and family life? I sorta remember it being said somewhere that he was looking to leave the show for those reasons.

ETA: Apparently NBC told him no, he can't leave. Oh he's going to be a joy to work with this season.

I'm tempted to say Jericho, but its such a good idea I want it to get better. Only problem is, I've been wanting to get better for the entire first Season, it just lacks something. I'd also rate Jericho as the #1 Unintentional Funny show on TV right now too, some of the scenario's they act out are so bad, and badly reacted to its unreal.

Hey lets have a BBQ, terrorists just blew the world up.

30 Rock.

Agreed. NBC's love affair with Alec Baldwin needs to end. Hell, Alec Baldwin needs to end.

Alec Baldwin is the best thing on 30 Rock. One of the biggest disappointments of the show is the horrible storylines they have given his character

George Lopez - Why is garbage still on the air? George Lopez is not funny & his show is even worse.

Funny you should mention that:

George Lopez, the first Latino to lead a television series successfully, isn't laughing. "TV just became really, really white again," he said.

ABC, he said, has "unceremoniously" canceled his self-titled comedy, which over the years chronicled his personal life from his sad childhood growing up with an abusive grandmother, to his alcoholism and kidney transplant.

"The George Lopez Show" will live on in syndication, but that's not making Lopez feel better about not getting the chance to tell one final season of stories. Lopez said Steve McPherson, ABC president of prime-time entertainment, called him over the weekend to explain that "financially" it wasn't working out, that the network would lose money if it picked up the show again.

That explanation was painful to hear, Lopez said, considering the way the network has shuffled his show over the years -- four different time slots in five years -- and putting it up against "American Idol" time and time again.

It all contributed to the show's low ratings, a point not lost on Lopez who noted that this season his show out-performed two freshman comedies that were renewed: "Notes from the Underbelly" and "Knights of Prosperity."

"I’ll take the good and the bad," Lopez said. "I took the five years of good and I did a lot with the good. My popularity, I was involved in charities, I overcame my illness, all on TV. I shared all of that with America—every secret I had. Every personal feeling. Every emotion. Everything was open to the show. And what happens?"

Lopez said he attributed the cancellation in part to the fact that the show is produced by Warner Bros. Television, and not ABC Television Studios. Using some colorful language that cannot be printed in a family newspaper, Lopez scoffed in particular at another ABC pickup: "Caveman," about two brothers and one best friend, described as sophisticated cave dudes living in modern-day Atlanta, who will continually find themselves at odds with contemporary society.

"I get kicked out for a...caveman and shows that I out-performed because I’m not owned by [ABC Television Studios]...So a...Chicano can’t be on TV but a...caveman can?" Lopez said. "And a Chicano with an audience already? You know when you get in this that shows do not last forever, but this was an important show and to go unceremoniously like this hurts. One hundred seventy people lost their jobs."

For his part, Lopez will be fine. He has an HBO special and a movie coming in the summer, and a deal with Warner Bros. to produce television movies.

"They dealt with us from the bottom of the deck," Lopez said. "Which is hard to take after what was a good run."

the "Caveman" is the stupid sitcom based on Geico's Cavemen commercials (Im guessing)...glad to see somebody was paying attention to Baby Bob. It'll be cancelled in its own right hopefully about 2 or 3 episodes in.

Mind of Mencia

God bless you.

Carlos mencia is the unfunniest bastard on tv.

I could do without E and VH1 shows about J list nobodies who just talk smack about real life famous people. Seriously, anyone can go on a VH1 show and get the "comedian" tag under their name

Lopez should have stayed on TV.

The new adventures of old christine is the one that should be canceled. Along with ghost whisperer. The only good thing about that is Jennifer love hewitt.

Mind of Mencia

God yes. I think he's even worse than Larry The Cable Guy and Dane Cook combined. That's saying something.

Interestingly, both the shows Stacy Keibler had her first real acting jobs in have been cancelled (Lopez, what about Brian). I'm not sure where she goes from here: since she did have that deal with ABC, but she doesn't seem to be starring in any pilots this year.

I'd say one or two of the CSI shows are expendable.

The UK version of Deal or No Deal is great, i recommend you youtube or d/l it and have a look at it, I personally think they should start looking at putting CSI to rest, maybe because of overexposure but it just seems like its going around in circles.

Funny you should mention that:

George Lopez, the first Latino to lead a television series successfully, isn't laughing. "TV just became really, really white again," he said.

ABC, he said, has "unceremoniously" canceled his self-titled comedy, which over the years chronicled his personal life from his sad childhood growing up with an abusive grandmother, to his alcoholism and kidney transplant.

"The George Lopez Show" will live on in syndication, but that's not making Lopez feel better about not getting the chance to tell one final season of stories. Lopez said Steve McPherson, ABC president of prime-time entertainment, called him over the weekend to explain that "financially" it wasn't working out, that the network would lose money if it picked up the show again.

That explanation was painful to hear, Lopez said, considering the way the network has shuffled his show over the years -- four different time slots in five years -- and putting it up against "American Idol" time and time again.

It all contributed to the show's low ratings, a point not lost on Lopez who noted that this season his show out-performed two freshman comedies that were renewed: "Notes from the Underbelly" and "Knights of Prosperity."

"I’ll take the good and the bad," Lopez said. "I took the five years of good and I did a lot with the good. My popularity, I was involved in charities, I overcame my illness, all on TV. I shared all of that with America—every secret I had. Every personal feeling. Every emotion. Everything was open to the show. And what happens?"

Lopez said he attributed the cancellation in part to the fact that the show is produced by Warner Bros. Television, and not ABC Television Studios. Using some colorful language that cannot be printed in a family newspaper, Lopez scoffed in particular at another ABC pickup: "Caveman," about two brothers and one best friend, described as sophisticated cave dudes living in modern-day Atlanta, who will continually find themselves at odds with contemporary society.

"I get kicked out for a...caveman and shows that I out-performed because I’m not owned by [ABC Television Studios]...So a...Chicano can’t be on TV but a...caveman can?" Lopez said. "And a Chicano with an audience already? You know when you get in this that shows do not last forever, but this was an important show and to go unceremoniously like this hurts. One hundred seventy people lost their jobs."

For his part, Lopez will be fine. He has an HBO special and a movie coming in the summer, and a deal with Warner Bros. to produce television movies.

"They dealt with us from the bottom of the deck," Lopez said. "Which is hard to take after what was a good run."

the "Caveman" is the stupid sitcom based on Geico's Cavemen commercials (Im guessing)...glad to see somebody was paying attention to Baby Bob. It'll be cancelled in its own right hopefully about 2 or 3 episodes in.

ah crap. I didnt even get to see much of this year cuz it was on against Idol. Damn ABC. weird cuz it just came out on dvd for the 1st time.

Ill miss it.