San Antonio 108, Utah 100

San Antonio 105, Utah 96

Utah 109, San Antonio 83

San Antonio 91, Utah 79

San Antonio 109, Utah 84

Edited by alfdogg

Guest Queen Leelee

Explain your color coding.

I really hope Detroit doesn't goof around and dispatches CLE in quick order.

Guest Queen Leelee

Thanks.

No more Memorial Day day games? Boo.

And the draft lottery at like 10:30. Fuck that.

They really like to draw these out, don't they? Are they walking from San Antonio to Utah?

I didn't realize the Spurs' roster included Brigham Young

Well, the season is oevr for me. I hate Detroit, Cleveland, and San Antonio, and I could give a fuck less about Utah.

This may be the first time in the 15 years I've been watching the NBA where I don't watch the Finals.

Well, the season is oevr for me. I hate Detroit, Cleveland, and San Antonio, and I could give a fuck less about Utah.

This may be the first time in the 15 years I've been watching the NBA where I don't watch the Finals.

Same here. Man, the playoffs ended quickly.

I can't believe the Suns are gone already. They should have won games 1 and 5 and be on their way to the conference finals now. :(

For the first time I can remember like...ever, I am not routing for the team that put my team out. Because fuck San Antonio for that last series. So I am hoping that Utah takes them out and I think they have the pieces to do so.

Porter asked me in IM who I thought was going to the finals and I told him that while I was prediciting Phoenix and Cleveland in the finals, I had a gut feeling it would be Detroit/San Antonio again. I never wanted to be more wrong right now. Because seriously. Fuck San Antonio.

Guest Queen Leelee

Wouldn't it be easier to ignore him.

Oh, and I also hope the Spurs get routed. You should, also.

The Jazz have some good matchups against the Spurs other than Duncan. Deron should beatdown Parker, Kirilenko should annoy Ginobili, and Fisher can take care of Bowen or even bother Finley. I don't think Utah will lose a game at home since they also get mad calls, so if Utah splits the first two, they'll win in 6.

Why would he ignore me? We don't hate each other (at least I don't think he hates me, if he does, it'd be because I hate Michael Vick and he thinks Vick gets an unfair rap, which I can accept).

The only way I'd want to see San Antonio win it all is if it was against Cleveland. I told Cena's Writer I wanted San Antonio over Phoenix because I had thought Phoenix was coming off like whiners all series long, but in reality I just wanted the Bulls to last as long as the final elimination of the round after some "geniuses" here predicted a sweep of the Bulls. In reality, I agree San Antonio has been playing a bit dirty and benefitting from some unfortunate circumstances (the dumb trainer not getting Nash stitched up right away and letting him bleed the Suns out of the game in Game 1, the suspensions which might not have been fair but was indeed correct, etc), so I sort of actually respect Detroit more than I do San Antonio. However, the NBA analysts and other experts has made me really despise Cleveland, just getting to the conference finals on cruise control (now I understand why the Bulls losing the final game of the season messed up their chances) and them acting like Lebron willed them through 10 supremely tough games and growing up to be as playoff tested as someone like Magic or Jordan.

So if it's San Antonio/Detroit, I want Detroit. San Antonio/Cleveland? San Antonio. I'm not about to entertain any thoughts of Utah making it past San Antonio because they won't.

Guest Vitamin X

I like to see new teams get titles. I think the Cavs are the team I have absolutely no beef with here, so they go with my "team that I dislike the least" label. I wouldn't mind seeing Jerry Sloan and the suffering fans of Utah get a championship because they've been so loyal to their team- Detroit is a slacker team that doesn't respect its opponents until it feels like it HAS to, and San Antonio... Oh god, I hate them.

I'd rather the Jazz be playing the Suns but you can't pick your matchups so San Antonio it is. We've had a good rivalry with San Antonio in the playoffs so I look forward to this series but I know we are huge underdogs to win it. Then again, a lot of people did not think we were going to get out of the first round either so you never know.

I also hope Detroit locks the Cavs down and demolishes them in 4 so I don't have to see an extended series where the commentators are like "Lebron is like Michael Jordan with the way he is trying to will his team past Detroit!"

And screw the draft lottery for being on so late.

Cleveland and Utah. Please.

We need an extremely tall Eastern European to have a title ring. Cleveland is the only team that I don't hate.

Guest George's Box

I hate Cleveland, San Antonio, and Detroit, so I guess that leaves Utah. Boy, these playoffs got bad fast.

I was wrong, the lottery is actually before the game. Coverage starts at 7:30.

Edited by alfdogg

So it's me and Danville that are the only non-Default Utah fans? Nice.

I'm just happy Utah is back in the playoffs and playing Jerry Ball.

The sucky thing is Utah is notorious for playing a really bad second game after fighting hard in Game one on the Road in Finals (Conference and NBA) so I really feel they needed to steal Game One to not risk going 0-2.

The Eastern Finals I couldn't care about either team, but the Cavs have an Afro'd Brazilian. Thus they get my love.

I'm probably the only one cheering for the Spurs at this point. I don't give a shit about the Suns misfortune, the two teams I wanted to see win it all were both eliminated by the Jazz. Time for the Spurs to put this dog to sleep. I almost hope they benefit from some terrible calls along the way just to see everyone get pissed off.

In the East, I like the Pistons. It'll be interesting since both teams have been cruising for most of their games so far. I still think the Pistons are their own worst enemy. If they stay focused and shoot moderately well, they are near impossible to stop. On paper, there's no way the Cavs should win this series, but if the Pistons take themselves out of it early, they might not be able to come back.

Back in the mix for a hot moment. Quick predictions...

Spurs in 5, perhaps 6

and

Pistons in 7. Detroit is too good unless Rip or Chauncey go down.

Finals: Pistons in 6.

I don't think its going to happen, but I would rather see the Jazz-Pistons in the finals. The Jazz have been killing the Pistons for pretty much the last two seasons, and I think a little payback is in order. San Antonio in my view doesn;t deserve to go any further than they have gone, but their experience will win the day, I think. This might be Sloan's last run and only if the Jazz get better in the off-season.

And as far as the LeBrons go, there is nothing they have done in the playoffs that make me think that they are going to give a motivated and interested Pistons team any sort of challenge. They destroyed a battered and depleted Wizards team and took out a horribly inconsistent Nets team and took part in one of the most unwatchable games in any sport while doing it?? Please.

Its the Pistons' series to lose. I think that they are going to remember what occurred last year and grind the Cavs into dust, as they should.

San Antonio in 6

Pistons in 5

This is the pecking order for who I want to win it all:

Detroit

Utah

San Antonio

Cleveland

I think these conference finals will go Spurs in 6 and Pistons in 6. I'd like to pick Utah to win but the Spurs almost never have an off game meaning Utah would have to play near perfect ball to beat them. Utah seems like a poor man's San Antonio. I think Detroit has a genuine distaste for LeBron plus they want to bury the Cavs the way they felt they shoud've last year.

On another note about the Spurs, what will their place be in history, especially if they win this year? This would make it 4 outta 9 years (the 3 they have now occured in 7 years). That would be some accomplishment but the fact that none of titles happened consecutively might take the shine off that some. What about Duncan's legacy? He seems to have passed Shaq for the greatest player in the post-Jordan era and is considered by many to be the greatest PF ever.

Guest George's Box

Detroit and Cleveland will go 7: LeBron James will half-ass three games, Rasheed Wallace will half-ass three games, and then the seventh one is a crapshoot. I have a genuine distaste for both teams, by the way.

Did you know Tim Duncan is the greatest 7 footer to ever play the game?

I swear I can't even watch these games with the sound on anymore. Yeah, the NBA wants to create superstars and some hype is necessary but come the fuck on with this bullshit! Maybe I heard that wrong yesterday during the commentary of the Spurs/Jazz game or that's not what the guy meant to say but it would be nice if they actually called the game instead tossing out verbal blowjob after verbal blowjob. All it does is make the league look desperate and pathetic, which isn't far from the truth.

Anyway, it would be nice to see Utah pull this off but I doubt it. I would love to see Sloan get a ring and the Utah fans get rewarded so I don't have a problem rooting for them...even if it's in vain. Fuck the next next next we hope were right this time Jordan, fuck the the uninspired Pistons, and fuck the punk ass Spurs.

I don't know about 7 footers, but TD IS the best PF to ever play the game and is the best player of the post-Jordan era (or 1B behind Shaq). He has never gotten the respect he deserves because he's quiet and not marketable. Duncan deserves every superlative the announcers give him. I know they are boring, but the Spurs hate is getting a little out of hand.