TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WWE General Discussion for June 2007

FoleyFan that was horrible. It took me for a moment to get what you said, but man that was low.

I just watched the Flair vs Orton match (I'm on PST), and I was thinking for Orton's theme song instead of the random guy yelling "HEY!" wouldn't it be awesome if the "HEY!" was said by Harry Carrey? Like use the Will Farrell's Carrey "HEY!". I think it would make the song ton's better.

Just a random thought I had.

I just watched the Flair vs Orton match (I'm on PST), and I was thinking for Orton's theme song instead of the random guy yelling "HEY!" wouldn't it be awesome if the "HEY!" was said by Harry Carrey? Like use the Will Farrell's Carrey "HEY!". I think it would make the song ton's better.

Didn't somebody have ta pic using that idea in their sig leading up to WM21?

Didn't somebody have ta pic using that idea in their sig leading up to WM21?

Not that I remember..then again I really don't try to remember small things like that.

The Debate Is Over

The WWE’s newly released special issue magazine,”The Complete History of Champions” is in stores now. On page 25 in the upper right hand corner while discussing the title’s history the text reads as follows:

”Triple H Awarded The Title

With Brock Lesner taking his title exclusively to Smackdown, the Superstars of RAW were going to need something to fight for. So GM Eric Bischoff resurrected the WCW Championship, renaming it the World Heavyweight Championship and simply handed it to Triple H.”

Case closed! The WWE has now officially admitted what I’ve said from the start. The WCW and WHC World titles are one and the same. Go out and get a copy right away so that you will always have official documentation to show any remaining non-believers. The legacy of the WCW Championship lives on!

Get Will Ferrell to re-record *all* the lyrics in his Harry Carey voice.

The Debate Is Over

The WWE’s newly released special issue magazine,”The Complete History of Champions” is in stores now. On page 25 in the upper right hand corner while discussing the title’s history the text reads as follows:

”Triple H Awarded The Title

With Brock Lesner taking his title exclusively to Smackdown, the Superstars of RAW were going to need something to fight for. So GM Eric Bischoff resurrected the WCW Championship, renaming it the World Heavyweight Championship and simply handed it to Triple H.”

Case closed! The WWE has now officially admitted what I’ve said from the start. The WCW and WHC World titles are one and the same. Go out and get a copy right away so that you will always have official documentation to show any remaining non-believers. The legacy of the WCW Championship lives on!

And didnt Vince call it the WCW title while Booker was champion on Raw once?

Technically this is incorrect. Bischoff did not rename the WCW world title into the World Title. That was Linda McMahon right after the Invasion was over, so for a month or so The Rock had the newly renamed World Title before they unified it with the WWF title in Dec. 2001. Thus when Lesnar opted to appear on SD full time in Aug. 2002 Bischoff declared the title un-unified and awarded HHH the World title since Lesnar was the recognized WWE champion.

And didnt Vince call it the WCW title while Booker was champion on Raw once?

Aye, that was only a few months ago lol

But you only need to look at the belt to see that its the old WCW title, I don't get what the debates about. So they changed its name, its still the WCW Title in heritage.

Just because WWE decides to re-write history and acknowledge the WCW lineage doesn't make it so. That championship died when the belts were unified.

The Undisputed Championship was named so because it was the WCW and WWF titles unified...Remember this was reprsented by Chris Jericho carrying both belts for his entire reign....obviously the WWE Undisputed Title was later shown as One Belt but technically it represented two...when Brock Lesnar left for SmackDown! exclusiveness...the WWE Undisputed Title was now Disputed and Bischoff showed this by resurrecting the WCW World Title and rechristening it...HHH became the Word Heavyweight Champion which for some reason I've never heard it stated as the WWF/E World Heavyweight Championship...just simply World Heavyweight Championship and Brock Continued as WWE Champion along w/ the lineage of the WWE Title and Undisputed Portion of the Title

I think that makes sense...doesnt it?

From Rajah.com:

Steve-O of MTV’s Jackass revealed today in his blog on MySpace.com that he and the entire “Jackass” crew will be involved in the main event of WWE SummerSlam this August at the Continental Airlines Arena in East Rutherford, New Jersey. He talked about filming a commercial for SummerSlam last night and his experience backstage at RAW in Tampa, Florida.

Steve-O wrote, "I really wasn't that bad last night, well, that's not true. I did a great job shooting my new WWE commercial to promote the WWE Pay Per View Summer Slam, but then everyone got all sorts of uptight as a result of me running around trying to get famous wrestlers to choke me unconcious (sic) for my Paparazzi Stuntman dvd (plenty of them were ready to do it, including Umaga, but the suits derailed me). I got a funny call from LA saying, "why are we getting calls that the main event of their WWE Summer Slam may be called off because of you're behaving so badly?"(The whole cast of jackass, minus Weeman, will be in a huge match for the main event)"

Jackass Crossover would've made more sense last summer, when they had the new movie coming out, now it just seems random.

--For those who saw the Steve O message from his web site about the cast of Jackass being in the SummerSlam main event and talking about what happened backstage at Raw--yes, Steve O will be in a SummerSlam main event as a wrestler. We've got a whole rundown of what happened last night, where it's going as the lead story in Monday's Observer. And yes, Steve O's tease that the match was almost called off last night is true, but as of today, it's still on.

HTQ?

Jackass Crossover would've made more sense last summer, when they had the new movie coming out, now it just seems random.

I was thinking the same thing.

Although im not up with all of the wrestling news tidbits, how reliable is Rajah?

I'm guessing it'll be the non-title main event as oposed to the true main event, but that sounds intriguing.

Going back to page 1 of this thread, Nitro & Dyksta are my main reason for watching Raw at the moment. Hopefully they'll get a push as a tag team.

The WCW Championship history section on WWE.com mentions the fact that Edge's Title and the WCW Title are, in fact, the same title.

Didn't Steve-o and the other guy screw around and sort of no-sell Umaga's offence when they made their last wwe appearance? They'll probably be in the main event angle, but not in the main event match, sorta like how Trump was handled. They'll probably screw up and have the storyline dropped by then though. I wonder who they are supposed to be feuding with? Against or with Foley could be interesting if hardcore and death matchweapons were involved. You have to assume the Jackass guys would be poen to being powerbombed in thumbtacks or being being thrown into barbed wire or set on fire

The WCW Championship history section on WWE.com mentions the fact that Edge's Title and the WCW Title are, in fact, the same title.

which is amusing considering the posting of the youtube video where a young edge was squashed by meng

MAIN EVENT FOR ECW ON SCI FI ANNOUNCED: ORIGINALS VS. LASHLEY

by Mike Johnson

The main event for tonight's edition of ECW on SciFi will be ECW champion Bobby Lashley vs. The Sandman & Balls Mahoney & Tommy Dreamer in a handicap hardcore match. The storyline is that Vince McMahon ordered the match.

Also teased for ECW on SciFi:

*Whether Randy Orton will appear.

*Where Matt Striker stands with the New Breed after One Night Stand.

Reasons Why Daivari & Estrada Were Pulled From WWE TV

Written by Richard Gray on Jun 4, 2007 - 1:56:30 PM

Source: Pro Wrestling Torch Newsletter

The reason WWE pulled Daivari from his heel speaking role is because the company is becoming more sensitive to accusations that they are exploiting the war in Iraq or terrorist threats in general. Daivari, who is deemed fearless backstage, didn't care to push the envelope and never asked the writers to tone anything down. However, WWE television network affiliates have voiced their displeasure with the character, promoting its removal.

Speaking of controversial mouthpieces, Armando Estrada has not been seen with Umaga as of late because the McMahons felt that they had one people too many out to ringside with their wrecking crew. Some readers had thought that maybe Estrada was feeling some backstage heat, however, that is not the case and he will return with Umaga once he is finished as Vince McMahon's henchman

MAIN EVENT FOR ECW ON SCI FI ANNOUNCED: ORIGINALS VS. LASHLEY

by Mike Johnson

The main event for tonight's edition of ECW on SciFi will be ECW champion Bobby Lashley vs. The Sandman & Balls Mahoney & Tommy Dreamer in a handicap hardcore match. The storyline is that Vince McMahon ordered the match.

Can Lashly Overcome the odds again~?

Guest resh4ever

What is the biggest dream match in WWE today ?

IMO, I think it is : John Cena vs Batista

They both were pushed to World Champion status at the same time, they have incredible charisma and popularity, they are talented workers, they can work the mic, etc.

It would be a main event of amazing proportion !