TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jonathon

McDonalds new Southwest Burger...

Never heard of this new chicken burger thing, but it kind of sounds like the Southern style chicken sandwich (At least as far as chicken and pickles only part goes), and I guess the hype around that is that McDonald's sort of stole it from Chik-Fil-A, but since Chik-Fil-A is pretty much only in the southeastern US, not a lot of people have had one. I guess. Yeah.

That is the Western Whopper. Just a Whopper with BBQ sauce. Now the Texas Double Whopper is where it's at with the jalapeños.

My Dad had the Southwest thing the other nite, and he found it bland and untasty. I guess the quality of pickles at McDonald's are not as high as the two essential pickles they give you at Chic-Fil-A.

By the by, does Burger King still have that burger that has the onion rings on it? That thing was all kinds of good.

Drea, I'm pretty sure Chik-Fil-A is all over the place. Zaxby's is pretty much exclusively southeastern us, but we had a chik-fil-a at the mall when I lived in new jersey.

Guest Vitamin X

I remember the Western Chicken Sandwich Carl's Jr used to make. Now THAT shit was good. You can still get one if you order a bacon swiss chicken sandwich, but say minus the lettuce, add bbq sauce and onion rings, and substitute the swiss for cheddar. It's freakin delicious, never understood why they took it off the menu.

Chic-Fil-A has been around Utah for more than a decade since I worked in the mall...

They've got a Southern Style chicken biscuit for breakfast as well. Nothing else on it. I was fine with it but then again, there's hardly anything from Mickey D's I don't like.

My Dad had the Southwest thing the other nite, and he found it bland and untasty. I guess the quality of pickles at McDonald's are not as high as the two essential pickles they give you at Chic-Fil-A.

By the by, does Burger King still have that burger that has the onion rings on it? That thing was all kinds of good.

Rodeo Burger - no, but they still sell onion rings so just make your own.

I didn't realize the 2007 version of the Western Whopper was jalapeno free. *shakes fist*

Edit: Oh, I see... "Texas" = jalapenos, "Western" = BBQ Sauce. It was my own confusion.

Since I am in the target area and keep on hearing the damn commercials on tv and radio with actors with "NYC or Boston or Alaskan" accents begging for the damn thing I must say its a basic MCD burger straight from the microwave or heat lamp with chipolte sauce and some fucking crunchy onion rings or Funyuns if you will.

Burger King around me still has a Rodeo Cheeseburger for $1.39 with BBQ and onion rings on it. It's good, but too expensive and I go for the 2 tacos for $1.39 instead (since we have no Jack in the Boxes around these parts).

Guest •

I read that once upon a time, we did have Jack-in-the-Box, like early '80s or so.

Guest •

I went to one when I went on vacation in Los Angeles many years ago. I was more amused by the drive-thru speaker than the food.