TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

I just traced the IP address of that Wikipedia edit and it traces to Stamford, Connecticut. Seriously.

NOT VAL VENIS!

The IP Address in question also updated entries about Ron Artest on the 17th of June, Chavo Guerrero Jr. on the 15th, The Sopranos on the 11th, something called 'African Wild Ass' on May 16th and Stacy Keibler also on the 16th.

The IP Address in question also updated entries about Ron Artest on the 17th of June, Chavo Guerrero Jr. on the 15th, The Sopranos on the 11th, something called 'African Wild Ass' on May 16th and Stacy Keibler also on the 16th.

God damn you Johnny Smith! You and your DEAD ZONE are no damn help when we need it!

From the story on ajc.com:

"The details, when they come out," said Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard, "are going to prove a little bizarre."

Considering the details we HAVE been given, I can only imagine what this means.

The former mayor who declared Chris Benoit Day in Edmonton three years ago was stunned to hear that the hometown wrestling hero, his wife and son are dead.

“It’s a terrible tragedy,” Bill Smith said tonight. “I couldn’t believe what I heard.”

WWE fans around the globe were reeling in grief yesterday as news that Benoit, 40, had been found dead in his suburban Atlanta home, along with his wife and son, began filtering out. The news was broken to the world on the WWE’s website.

Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department in suburban Atlanta said the three were found at their home about 2:30 p.m., but refused to release details.

Pope said results of autopsies on Benoit, his wife Nancy, and seven-year-old son Daniel were expected Tuesday.

Some media reports say no guns were involved.

• Photo Gallery: The Canadian Crippler remembered

Benoit’s wife, Nancy, managed several wrestlers and went by the stage name, “Woman.” The newspaper says they met when her then-husband drew up a script that had them involved in a relationship as part of an ongoing storyline on Turner-owned World Championship Wrestling.

The WWE cancelled its live “Raw” wrestling card Monday night in Corpus Christi, Texas. Canadian television network The Score aired a three-hour tribute to Benoit in place of the scheduled telecast.

The tribute began with WWE chairman Vince McMahon standing in the middle of an empty ring, eyes welling up with tears and voice cracking as he spoke.

“We at the WWE can only offer our condolences to the extended family of Chris Benoit,” said McMahon.

“The only other thing we can do at this moment is pay tribute to Chris Benoit.”

Benoit was born in Montreal, but grew up in Edmonton where he graduated from Archbishop O’Leary Catholic high school in 1985.

Vicki O’Neill, who taught Benoit and considered him a friend, remembered him as a very “kind and supportive student.”

“He was well liked at school. He treated people with respect and a very loyal friend,” she said.

“Chris was a very kind student. He was hard-working, committed to his vision, which was to be a wrestler.”

Smith said Benoit remained humble, even after he realized his dreams.

“He was a pretty quiet guy for a guy in show business. When I talked to him on the phone one week before I declared Benoit Day, he was pretty excited coming here,” he said. “He was at that time the world champion.”

Wrestling insider Dave Meltzer, who runs the website wrestlingobserver.com and knew Benoit for 20 years, said he’s heard “a million rumours” about what happened in the Benoit house.

Benoit was supposed to appear at a wrestling show in Beaumont, TX, on Saturday, but didn’t appear, Meltzer said.

When he failed to appear at a pay-per-view event Sunday in Houston, Meltzer said, organizers covered by saying Benoit had to cancel because of “personal issues.”

Meanwhile, Metlzer said, WWE brass were frantically phoning Benoit at home to find out what was going on.

Finally, he said, they called the local police and asked them to check out his home.

“I’m shaken up,” Meltzer said. “Chris was as respected as any wrestler in the last 25 years. The younger wrestlers of today idolized him or looked up to him.”

-With files from Canadian Press

[email protected]

Hey! The African Wild Ass is actually a type of horse...I thought it was a little known gimmick that James 'Kamala' Harris used back in the Mid-South days.

"The details, when they come out," said Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard, "are going to prove a little bizarre."

Unless it comes out that Daniel killed his mother and then tried to kill his father, forcing Chris to kill him and then himself...I cannot imagine how things could be more bizarre.

And no, this isn't spec. Just the most bizarre thing I could think of that would leave me saying, "wow..that is bizzare."

The more stuff that comes out in this, the weirder it gets.

I am going to re-watch the Chavo segment and listen again to what he said about talking to Chris. And if that Wiki entry was from someone at WWE headquarters and WWE knows more than they can tell at the moment...I'm wondering if Benoit didn't tell someone he had done something bad, only to off himself so he didn't have to face the charges or deal with what he did. Purely speculation on all accounts.

They seem to have taken down the testimonials on WWE.com?

Again, just specualting, but after they released the statement that said they had other information that they could not release, maybe the testimonials and such had to be taken down. Or, they are distancing themselves from putting up positive testimonies to his character due to the nature of what happened.

Unless it comes out that Daniel killed his mother and then tried to kill his father, forcing Chris to kill him and then himself...I cannot imagine how things could be more bizarre.

The erstwhile Flyboy's response:

either that or Benoit found them in bed together?

Guest Flyboy

The erstwhile Flyboy's response:

either that or Benoit found them in bed together?

*disappears*

From WWE.com:

Benoit failed to appear both at Saturday’s live event in Beaumont, Tx., and WWE’s Vengeance: Night of Champions in Houston Sunday night, after informing WWE of a family emergency. Several curious text messages sent by Benoit early Sunday morning prompted concerned friends to alert Richard Hering, VP of Government Relations for WWE, Inc. Hering, in turn, spoke with Fayette County sheriffs Monday, and requested that they respond to the Benoit residence to check on him and his family.

and

WWE.com has further information relating to both the investigation and the cause of death, but the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department has requested that WWE.com not release any additional details at this time.

I was wondering about Meltzer too. That guys gonna be on the phone 24/7 the next few days.

I'd fully expect Meltz to post something newsworthy in the next few hours on all this - if people within WWE were given further details on things by the investigators, that same info will be passed to Dave in some way, shape, or form soon.