TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

The crossface deal sounds like BS to me, also because of the fact that Daniel was apparently in his bed laying there, almost like he was killed in his sleep. Wasnt there some report that a bag was put over his head to suffocate him?

I wonder if Benoit tricked is son into a pretend wrestling match?

Are you suggesting that Benoit made Daniel tap?

A Benoit tap out. Never

It just seems odd how all these reports are pin pointing exactly what happened.

"Well they argued for about half an hour and Benoit said he had enough. This lead to him raising his arms and smacking her down. He started stomping on her for a few minutes before taking a breather."

I could understand that they were suffocated or whatever, but how does that lead to all the other stuff that they said happened?

So he has been suffering from issues for awhile.....been through alot of stuff.....she tells him she's leaving and taking their son and that's the moment he goes over the edge never to return.

I'm honestly not surprised by this scenario, that's pretty sad to actually not be surprised by something like this. Sounds like a man that was going through some very severe mental and emotional problems far more severe than even anyone close to him would ever understand.......I think that goes back to him being private and never letting anyone in so to speak.

Just a sad situation all around.

We dont really know what he's been though entirely and if it was "alot of stuff" but there is no excuse, nor really reasoning, that would make us really understand what the fuck this was all about. The best way I can summarize this all is that he was mentally VERY unstable, even back years ago, and the accumulation of such lead to this.

Also, I wonder where the other comments from many of Benoit's peers. Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, Ric Flair, Saturn, The Rock, Rob Van Dam, Eric Bishoff, etc....

Some of these guys' silence is interesting. Maybe many people didn't know the MAN Chris Benoit after all, it was only the performer they knew.

Given what he did, it's best not to say anything.

I don't fault WWE for the tribute show, unless they absolutely knew that Chris probably did it. I don't think they would go out of their way to pay tribute to a murderer

I don't necessarily fault them for the show but according to keller the moment everyone found out, everyone had a suspicion it was the act of Benoit. I think a case can be made either way for if they should have done it or not.

UPDATED: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - 11:11 a.m.

Here are some random thoughts that reflect what I've been thinking and talking about the past 20 hours...

-Raw last night was a mistake. WWE personnel had reason to believe (because I did at that point from people I was talking to) that it was a murder-murder-suicide and that Chris Benoit was likely the perpetrator (based on what I was told about the text message contents they received the day before). Doing a tribute show to someone who very possibly had just killed his wife and son was a bad call. Now, that said, I soften my criticism in this respect: As after the Owen Hart death, people were under duress and not thinking clearly and had a three-hour show to create quickly. Not acknowledging Benoit would seem crass, if not presumptuous of his guilt. The tribute to him as a great family man may have been a true reflection of the person they knew, but it does in retrospect seem akin to a Hollywood or sports world tribute to O.J. Simpson's contributions as the details were sketchy regarding what happened with his wife.

-What was the other option? Cancel the show entirely and air reruns of a USA Network movie or syndicated series in its place with a crawler at the top of each hour explaining the cancellation. Or have Vince introduce the show as he did in mid-ring, then broadcast a PPV or a previous edition of Raw or even a DVD documentary on tag teams or another innocuous subject. That'd be my call, and it's not a case of 20/20 hindsight because everyone in WWE suspected what's come out today, with less precise detail of course, at the time that show was put together. Wrestlers can mourn without cameras filming them.

Keller is big on blasting them for everything these days but I honestly believe they handled it the best they could have.....I don't fault them for holding the tribute show.

I wonder if Benoit tricked is son into a pretend wrestling match?

Are you suggesting that Benoit made Daniel tap?

A Benoit tap out. Never

John Cena says hello

And Didnt Benoit tap to the Rock when He put the Crossface on him?

So he has been suffering from issues for awhile.....been through alot of stuff.....she tells him she's leaving and taking their son and that's the moment he goes over the edge never to return.

I'm honestly not surprised by this scenario, that's pretty sad to actually not be surprised by something like this. Sounds like a man that was going through some very severe mental and emotional problems far more severe than even anyone close to him would ever understand.......I think that goes back to him being private and never letting anyone in so to speak.

We dont really know what he's been though entirely and if it was "alot of stuff" but there is no excuse, nor really reasoning, that would make us really understand what the fuck this was all about. The best way I can summarize this all is that he was mentally VERY unstable, even back years ago, and the accumulation of such lead to this.

I was basically saying in my opinion since Eddie died he had become a much different person.......very disturbed emotonally and mentally. But he was enough of the "same guy" in the WWE for them to think this is just typical weird Chris being weird, but even toward the end he got even weirder. It appears he changed into something he wasn't anywhere close to what he was before....but even close friends of his like Malenko pretty much said he was weird and no one was really close to him....

Don't take this as some excuse for him it is very horrible what he did, just seems like a man who slowly spiraled out of control into this horrible ending after he lost his best friend.

I was basically saying in my opinion since Eddie died he had become a much different person.......very disturbed emotonally and mentally. But he was enough of the "same guy" in the WWE for them to think this is just typical weird Chris being weird, but even toward the end he got even weirder. It appears he changed into something he wasn't anywhere close to what he was before....but even close friends of his like Malenko pretty much said he was weird and no one was really close to him....

Don't take this as some excuse for him it is very horrible what he did, just seems like a man who slowly spiraled out of control into this horrible ending after he lost his best friend.

He had spousal issues with a violent temper though way before Eddy passed on. I dont think it was the stress and frustrations of losing him that led to this. He had some serious mental issues that were probably always there.

Nancy had a restraining order against him in 2003, before anything happened with Eddie. It's pretty clear this guy has been fucked in the head for longer than just Eddie's death.

He had spousal issues with a violent temper though way before Eddy passed on. I dont think it was the stress and frustrations of losing him that led to this. He had some serious mental issues that were probably always there.

I don't deny that to be the case, I think all of those things became magnified even moreso though....I think all of these situations just completely added onto everything to a man who was getting more out of control with his mental stability.

While I'm at it too - I did always think it was fucked up that Chris basically was a homewrecker and broke up Nancy and Kevin Sullivan moreless (probably not that cut and dry of a situation Im sure, but it was still really bizzare when you think of it). Perhaps we should have known what kind of guy Chris Benoit was from that action there. Although it takes two to tango in a situation like that so he's not the only guilty person there. Ironically enough, I always heard Sullivan was a violent man himself and that led Nancy to distance herself from him slowly. And then she goes with the guy who ends up killing her in a violent rage.

I seriously have to wonder what is going through that guys' head right now - Kevin Sullivan.

Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit vs Rey Mysterio and Edge. 'Twas some good wrestling back then.

Sorry LOTC- know this has gotta suck for you

Nancy had a restraining order against him in 2003, before anything happened with Eddie. It's pretty clear this guy has been fucked in the head for longer than just Eddie's death.

I'm not disputing that I'm saying when you throw that on top of what he already was it possibly played a role in taking him from aggressive asshole to psychotic murderer.

As expected and inevitable with the canceling of the Calgary and Edmonton TV tapings on 7/16 and 7/17, the other WWE house shows scheduled for Western Canada on 7/14 in Sasakatoon and 7/15 in Regina, both Smackdown/ECW shows scheduled with Benoit as the local star, were canceled today.

-wrestlingobserver.com, which has indirectly gotten a ton of free publicity on national news outlets from this situation.

While I'm at it too - I did always think it was fucked up that Chris basically was a homewrecker and broke up Nancy and Kevin Sullivan moreless (probably not that cut and dry of a situation Im sure, but it was still really bizzare when you think of it). Perhaps we should have known what kind of guy Chris Benoit was from that action there. Although it takes two to tango in a situation like that so he's not the only guilty person there. Ironically enough, I always heard Sullivan was a violent man himself and that led Nancy to distance herself from him slowly. And then she goes with the guy who ends up killing her in a violent rage.

I seriously have to wonder what is going through that guys' head right now - Kevin Sullivan.

Yeah, i also wonder what Kevin Sullivan is thinking and feeling as well.

Alot of people tried to paint Benoit as a saint, but he did plenty of stuff that contradicted that, like the fact that he stole his boss's wife for one...........the fact that the dude was on roids for so long..........The fact that he threatened Nancy before (even though most of us didn't know about the stuff from 2003). Like RedJEd, I always thought it was real foul what he did in WCW with Sullivan and Nancy and basically turning a storyline into real life.

Alot of people tried to paint Benoit as a saint, but he did plenty of stuff that contradicted that, like the fact that he stole his boss's wife for one...........the fact that the dude was on roids for so long..........The fact that he threatened Nancy before (even though most of us didn't know about the stuff from 2003). Like RedJEd, I always thought it was real foul what he did in WCW with Sullivan and Nancy and basically turning a storyline into real life.

Not to defend Chris here...but you don't think Woman had something to do with her leaving Kevin sullivan as well...They didnt exactly have a fairy tale relationship either

It always amazed me how the general consensus when Benoit and others left WCW when Sullivan took over as booker was "bravo!" when Sullivan, even though this guy fucking stole his wife from him, even, to show no ill will, gave him the title the first night he took over as booker. But yet Sullivan seemed to be the bad guy in that whole deal, and Benoit even got others to jump ship with him from a situation rooted in personal emotion regarding Nancy more than anything.

Sure, WCW fucked the guy over, as well as guys like Saturn, Deano, etc, etc, but I honestly dont think Benoit would have bailed like that if it wasnt for that whole love triangle BS. Thats a pretty unstable and unprofessional move to make, especially when the movement was made to caudle to him when Sullivan took over the book, even though Chris really pulled a dick move.

Not to defend Chris here...but you don't think Woman had something to do with her leaving Kevin sullivan as well...They didnt exactly have a fairy tale relationship either

I totally understand that, but the dude could have easily just backed off and had no part of it. Wrestlers are supposed to be brothers, like in a frat, and he should not have gotten involved with her. There are exceptions out there, like Edge and others i'm sure, but it doesn't make it any less wrong.

Well lets break it down like this - I think, given what happened here, its clear those two (Benoit and Nancy) should have never been together, it was an immoral maniever to do in the first place in the very least, and now look at the end result. Relationships rooted in deceit and the like normally dont end to this length, but it's certainly ironic how things went down from all this. She was married to a violent man himself with Sullivan, then cheats on him with Benoit, who ends up being the man who murders her and her only child (I would assume) in cold blood.

In theory if the crossface was applied around the throat of a young boy with the wrist bones of the two hands locked together, by levering back it could cause the compression of the boy's windpipe leading to tracheal bruising and subsequent swelling, asphyxiation and a possible brain hoemmorage causing a blood clot on his brain.

Talk that he used the Crippler Crossface is ridiculous. The DA only said he must have used a chokehold of some kind because there wasn't the tell-tale hand markings. The CC is not a choke, I'm sure Benoit learned many a choke over the years.

If you listen to Benoit's goodbye message/vid to Eddie, he says that Eddie was the only person he could talk to and really be open with and that he would go to Eddie with all of his problems and Eddie would help him out. I think when Eddie died he lost this outlet. Furthermore he grew more and more paranoid given the steroid usage and he finally erupted.

Benoit is a virtual textbook case of a "Family Annihilator"

I'm thinking that he used a simple rear naked choke on his son to kill him. It's used in MMA and it basically looks like a sleeper hold with the forearm around the boys throat.