TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

dubQ I just wanna say how cool it is that you are so articulate. I think it's awesome, heh.

edit: I just clicked on the link to that forum with Frankiebonz' post. That shit is to be expected of the dirtier gene pools in this world. Let Darwin take out the trash with people like that.

I think they're going to have a tough time selling that house.

It's worth close to a million right? You couldn't sell it for half that now.

Hell, as someone who doesn't believe in ghosts, I'd buy it ; it'd be a steal I'm sure. Course I've been living in an apartment for ten years.

That house is out in the middle of nowhere. As small as it is, there's no way it's worth over a million.

A lot of you guys are conveniently forgetting the part where JBL said Benoit did the squats with him both times. And JBL explained that the wrestler in question (Daivari) disrespected Shawn Michaels in some way.

Benoit is not the respect police.

dubQ I just wanna say how cool it is that you are so articulate. I think it's awesome, heh.

What dude? It's the internet, so I don't know if that's sarcasm or snide or whatever.

Anyway, I'm really not trying to start shit. I'm just seeing a group of certain posters coming down on another group just because they want to UNDERSTAND why it happened - and it's really rubbing me the wrong way. There's nothing wrong with trying to understand why the brain works the way it does and by no means is that justifying the act of murder by any stretch.

sorry man, teh internets does not allow for clarity sometimes. I am sincere in what I said about you, especially since I'm pretty much done reading posts from folk who really don't know what they're reading or saying. I myself am trying to tell people that there is NOTHING wrong in trying to understand who the man that did these things was when he committed them, and trying to put some logic to his actions doesn't mean everyone is ready to excuse him for murder.

Obviously it's enormous in our (wrestling) community, but I am still surprised that three days after we find out Benoit + family is dead, that it is the top story on CNN's homepage still...though I wonder if it would be without the steroids angle.

sorry man, teh internets does not allow for clarity sometimes. I am sincere in what I said about you, especially since I'm pretty much done reading posts from folk who really don't know what they're reading or saying. I myself am trying to tell people that there is NOTHING wrong in trying to understand who the man that did these things was when he committed them, and trying to put some logic to his actions doesn't mean everyone is ready to excuse him for murder.

Agreed and thanks for clarifying.

Oh, and why is it "fuck debra" for talking about her situation in relation to this one? because Austin didn't manage to beat her to death, just managed to beat her?

yes.

You must be a real hit with the ladies.

Yeah, how dare Debra get beaten by Austin! She's a real bitch for that, actually talking about it instead of keeping it to herself!

I wonder who's going to boycott the funeral. I also wonder if Vince is swaying people from going

Just an assumption, but I doubt many would attend the funeral. Perhaps Chavo, Dean and a few others.

I'd add Ron Simmons to that list.

If only, to say his catchphrase and cash another check

In the video posted before, Booker flat out says that he's going to the funeral so he can see his brother just one more time, give him a kiss, and hope that he will one day see him on the other side so he can finally know just what went wrong.

Oh, and why is it "fuck debra" for talking about her situation in relation to this one? because Austin didn't manage to beat her to death, just managed to beat her?

yes.

You must be a real hit with the ladies.

The first laugh I've gotten out of this whole thread

A lot of you guys are conveniently forgetting the part where JBL said Benoit did the squats with him both times. And JBL explained that the wrestler in question (Daivari) disrespected Shawn Michaels in some way.

Taker obviously had the day off

Unless someone is suggesting that Benoit blacked out and didn't know what he was doing (which is such a laughable idea that it doesn't deserve any attention), I don't see how anyone is deflecting the blame. He himself is responsible for everything he did. Even if the steroids destroyed his psyche, it's still his fault for abusing them for so long. Even if Guerrero's death pushed him over the edge, it's still his fault for not being able to deal with something many others can and do deal with. The blame is on his shoulders, regardless of what the circumstances were surrounding his behavior.

I'm personally tired of seeing the "Benoit is a worthless piece of shit" and "he can burn in hell" talk (both here and in other places). If you think that and it really makes you feel better about yourself, fine. We get it, what he did was heinous and inexcusable. But the man is dead now; there's no point in dwelling on it. Benoit will get whatever he gets in the afterlife. You know, he does have two other kids that had nothing to do with this that'll have to hear this stuff constantly for the rest of their life probably. At least let those who were close to Benoit (both friends and family) keep their good memories of him without having to feel guilty about it.

Rubbish. Benoit was a respected veteran, and he'd be just the type of guy to take it upon himself to teach the newbs some respect. I'd expect the same out of the other veterans too.

Unless someone is suggesting that Benoit blacked out and didn't know what he was doing (which is such a laughable idea that it doesn't deserve any attention), I don't see how anyone is deflecting the blame. He himself is responsible for everything he did. Even if the steroids destroyed his psyche, it's still his fault for abusing them for so long. Even if Guerrero's death pushed him over the edge, it's still his fault for not being able to deal with something many others can and do deal with. The blame is on his shoulders, regardless of what the circumstances were surrounding his behavior.

I would also say that a huge chunk of the blame falls on him for not even seeking help - that we know of, at least. Sure, Eddy might have been his only "go to" friend.. but there are so many other outlets that he could have sought to get help with this problem. Letting these kinds of feelings fester and build like that... never a good thing.

I'm personally tired of seeing the "Benoit is a worthless piece of shit" and "he can burn in hell" talk (both here and in other places). If you think that and it really makes you feel better about yourself, fine. We get it, what he did was heinous and inexcusable. But the man is dead now; there's no point in dwelling on it. Benoit will get whatever he gets in the afterlife. You know, he does have two other kids that had nothing to do with this that'll have to hear this stuff constantly for the rest of their life probably. At least let those who were close to Benoit (both friends and family) keep their good memories of him without having to feel guilty about it.

You're the one who dropped out of his Facebook group, buddy.

To the people with "beniot had a history of violence" thing, you do notice that he didn't touch his wife when she filed for divorce right? She said he beat the shit out of the furniture and she felt threatend. Now with what happened, people will look at that as "SEE, he always had it in him!!!!!" But it also can be looked at as he got really pissed off before and his reaction was to hit everything that wasn't his wife.

Find a time Nancy said he touched her, or a single person that saw one bruise. Once again, having a woman file for divorce on you does not show a history of violence. Once again, everyone that knew the guy top to bottom talked about how he was the model of composure and would never do anything like this, although his demeanor changed in the last year.

Saying a person was always crazy makes people feel comfortable and safe because obviously, noone close to them could do something like this because they aren't crazy and violent. But the fact of the matter is, this guy, that up until this moment was, according to any type of character verification you will attempt to find, was a great guy, and a family man that loved his kids. Something went wrong in his brain at some point and he committed some horrible acts, but to believe that for the past 22 years he was really a murdering psycho who was just fooling everyone that he knew and had known him his entire life and waiting to unleash his murderous plan on the world, thats just a little naive.

There is a reason that wrestlers lined up to give their thoughts on Beniot at the tribute show. If in their minds they thought that maybe he was the one that strangled his 7 year old son, trust me, they wouldn't have put themselves in that position. The people that were around him 90% of the time didn't think it was possible. His wife, she was a strong woman, and if she thought it was slightly possible that he was going to do something like this, don't you think that she woudl have gotten the fuck out of dodge earlier?

Dude lost his fucking mind. Simple as that. And if it makes you sleep better at night to think that this has always been his nature, then fine.

But you all know full well that Chris Beniot, the guy that was respected by so many people close to him, was not the psycho child and wife killer that he ended up being in the end.

http://www.news1130.com/news/topstory/arti...626_212836_4500

Tuesday, June 26 - 06:28:36 PM Katharine Kitts

DELTA (NEWS1130) - We may never know the reasons behind Chris Benoit's decision to take the life of his wife, young son and himself. However, a Delta woman, who was in contact with the Canadian wrestler a few years ago, said she might have some insight into the family. Pam Winthrope said Benoit's son had a genetic condition called Fragile X syndrome. Winthrope said she has experienced the condition first hand and knows how it can tear a family apart.

Fragile X syndrome is an inherited mental impairment. Pam's 12-year-old son has the condition and she said in an effort to shed light on the syndrome, her husband called Chris Benoit about five years ago.

She said, "We talked to him because I was trying to set up a support group in BC and in Canada, we only have a couple of them. My husband was struggling when we got diagnosed with our son, and Chris was struggling with his. They talked for a few minutes and then he said he didn't want to be a public face for Fragile X, he just wanted to keep it really, really quiet."

Winthrope said she couldn't believe the news that Benoit had taken his life along with his wife and 7-year-old son. She added that families can be torn apart by the disease because it's very difficult to find help and support. She said, "You as a parent have to go out there and find what's available and it's not easy --they don't tell you."

Authorities offered no motive for the killings, which were spread out over a weekend, and would not discuss Benoit’s state of mind.

I hate personally when all these people who clearly know nothing about wrestling obviously convey sterotypical bullshit....O'reilly and Grace for one...I thought Shepard Smith and Anderson Cooper did a good job

But most of these fuckers all 54 types of clueless

To the people with "beniot had a history of violence" thing, you do notice that he didn't touch his wife when she filed for divorce right? She said he beat the shit out of the furniture and she felt threatend. Now with what happened, people will look at that as "SEE, he always had it in him!!!!!" But it also can be looked at as he got really pissed off before and his reaction was to hit everything that wasn't his wife.

Find a time Nancy said he touched her, or a single person that saw one bruise. Once again, having a woman file for divorce on you does not show a history of violence. Once again, everyone that knew the guy top to bottom talked about how he was the model of composure and would never do anything like this, although his demeanor changed in the last year.

Saying a person was always crazy makes people feel comfortable and safe because obviously, noone close to them could do something like this because they aren't crazy and violent. But the fact of the matter is, this guy, that up until this moment was, according to any type of character verification you will attempt to find, was a great guy, and a family man that loved his kids. Something went wrong in his brain at some point and he committed some horrible acts, but to believe that for the past 22 years he was really a murdering psycho who was just fooling everyone that he knew and had known him his entire life and waiting to unleash his murderous plan on the world, thats just a little naive.

There is a reason that wrestlers lined up to give their thoughts on Beniot at the tribute show. If in their minds they thought that maybe he was the one that strangled his 7 year old son, trust me, they wouldn't have put themselves in that position. The people that were around him 90% of the time didn't think it was possible. His wife, she was a strong woman, and if she thought it was slightly possible that he was going to do something like this, don't you think that she woudl have gotten the fuck out of dodge earlier?

Dude lost his fucking mind. Simple as that. And if it makes you sleep better at night to think that this has always been his nature, then fine.

But you all know full well that Chris Beniot, the guy that was respected by so many people close to him, was not the psycho child and wife killer that he ended up being in the end.

QFT, and thank you. I'm not gonna touch this aspect of the subject again.

yes.

So just to review. The 6foot 4 two hundred and something lb drunken steroid user constantly beats his wife which statistically leads to him eventually killing her if she stays and SHE is the bitch for mentioning it because she happened to leave before he did it.

Alrighty...got it.

Once again, I joined the group before all the facts came out so I (and thousands of others who joined) could honor the memory of Chris Benoit. Now that I know what went down, that changes everything. At this point, being in that group would be akin to being in an O.J. Simpson group. Still, the point is that I'm not gonna waste my time bashing this guy, not because what he did wasn't wrong, but because there's no point in doing so, especially when the man is DEAD.

Once again, I joined the group before all the facts came out so I (and thousands of others who joined) could honor the memory of Chris Benoit. Now that I know what went down, that changes everything. At this point, being in that group would be akin to being in an O.J. Simpson group. Still, the point is that I'm not gonna waste my time bashing this guy, not because what he did wasn't wrong, but because there's no point in doing so, especially when the man is DEAD.

Hitler is dead too and fuck that guy.

There is nothing wrong with saying fuck him and I hope he burns in hell. He did kill his wife and kid for christ sake.

To the people with "beniot had a history of violence"

He starred in a David Cronenberg movie?

To the people with "beniot had a history of violence"

He starred in a David Cronenberg movie?

Well, he probably did own it because that movie kicked fucking face.

Ripper you're right, there is nothing wrong with saying those things about people who do such things. I just personally see no use in doing so. To me, Benoit is no different than the millions of other people who killed someone throughout this world's history. What's done is done and God will judge all of them accordingly. I just want to find out the facts of this case, move on from it, and hope that WWE finally takes the steps to improve the product.

Let's not forget that most of his fellow wrestlers looked at his short fuse and tendency to snap as being "cute" or at the very least, just like good ole Benoit. The fact that they tell stories like the one about respect and stuff about him flying off the handle with any kind of fondness is kind of worrisome.

I like the idea that a guy who smashes shit up isn't violent because he didn't go as far as beating up his wife. This thread is a classic.

:lol: True, true...

And Hitler wasn't much of a murderer because he didn't personally kill many people...!