TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UseTheSledgehammerUh

The OAO Tribute to Chris Benoit Raw Thread.

I just flipped to RAW (forgot it was supposed to start at 8)...saw Benoit's face on the screen in the empty arena as well as Vince and thought "Please don't tell me he's dead." Then Vince said his piece, I checked out the website, and was like "no fucking way." When I was first introduced to Benoit as a member of the Radicalz (I wasn't familiar with his WCW/ECW work), I wasn't that big a fan of him. But over time, he grew on me and to this day I found myself rooting for him in just about every match. There's not too many people in WWE that I respect as much as Chris Benoit.

R.I.P. "The Crippler"

Despite McMahon appearing, the "Who Killed Vince?" storyline seems to be continuing, probably next week, but not as dominant until 2 weeks from now. That's the tone I got from Vince.

Im sure if the "who killed Vince" storyline keeps going after this that there will be more than a few people who quit watching over it.

I wonder if Saturn and Malenko are worried about a Radicalz curse?

I more wonder how Bret Hart is handling this.

Oh man, I didn't even think about this. The was the man he had possibly his most emotional match ever with in a tribute to his brother of all people and now he is gone as well.

Considering there was already talk about ending the angle after Sherri, an older vet who didn't even wrestle or was in the company anymore, passed away, it wouldn't surprise me if creative just drops the angle entirely.

***This is NOT confirmed***

But a wrestler who posts on a Canadian Board (BDH on Musclenexus) posted this:

From my buddy Donnie at thaoshow.com:

I have been on the phone since 6:30 trying to see what else I can learn.

Here's what I know:

Tonight's RAW has been cancelled.

They are planning to show Benoit's best matches and have workers give their comments in taped segements. They've been taping these segments for the last hour.

Also

When I was on the phone with one tearful WWE headliner, there was a screaming match in the background (I assume between workers) ...I was able to make out (and have confirmed by the guy on the phone) that guys want Vince to announce Benoit's death and end his angle.

There is a TON of speculation right now as to what actually happened... the most commmon belief seems to be murder / suicide, but most people are way too freaked out to even talk.

He's not the type to stir up crap, but obviously, take it for what it's worth.

Don't want to BS with rumours, but this was something I felt you guys should read.

***AGAIN, not confirmed at all****

I just found out about this and I don't know what to say or even how to feel. As far as I'm concerned, Benoit was the very best. Its just tragic about his wife and son. However it happened, I hope that they didn't suffer.

RIP.

What a great match. You know, I had never been a fan of workrate, being taken in by the flashy, high-flying acts like The Rockers and the Hardys. Then I started watching Benoit and understood what wrrestling is. Thank you Chris.

RIP

i'm still so numb and in disbelief as to what has happened, i just cant bring myself to cry because i dont wanna believe it

Somewhere Benoit is looking down from the heavens saying "A JBL match? You're ribbin' me."

It's gotta be JBL's last joke to his buddy Chris. JBL seems completely like the kind of guy who wants to say goodbye with as much of a smile as he can.

And it's a great cage match JBL wins. That is the ultimate tribute from Bradshaw.

People are being genuine and true about their feelings about Chris Benoit tonight and they've put on a fitting tribute thus far.

Let's not sully it by pretending that anyone is using it to direct attacks to the anonymous online masses.

I am numb about this situation, it's so surreal. This is just a tragic situation, and RIP to Benoit and his whole family. His son and daughter and entire families of both are in my prayers.

Just look at my avatar to know how I feel about this man.

Yeah, but it just bugs me that Stephanie felt the need to discuss herself and her family AGAIN during an emotional time, and use Benoit's words to put over her marriage instead of talking about him and his family.

"CHRIS BENOIT THOUGHT IT WAS SO COOL THAT I MARRIED TRIPLE H"

Stephanie kicks the Internet Fans in the balls.

Yeah... Stephanie cared about the internet fans when she was making her comments <_<

Yeah, but it just bugs me that Stephanie felt the need to discuss herself and her family AGAIN during an emotional time, and use Benoit's words to put over her marriage instead of talking about him and his family.

Or she was showing just how good of a guy he was because when everyone else turned their backs, Chris was being happy for them and making them feel good about their decision.

Nothing more can show the quality of someone's character than going against the grain and being happy for someone when they are happy.

Man Chavo is having the worst couple of years. First Eddie passes away and now his good friend just passes away.

"Nothing more can show the quality of someone's character than going against the grain and being happy for someone when they are happy."

I don't agree with that statement whatsoever but I'll drop it. Chavo's interview about Chris made me forget Stephanie's latest emotional interview self-promotion of her family.