TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

Smackdown Spoilers For 6/30/07

Here they are from F4Wonline.com:

Thanks very much to Ed in San Antonio for these updates.

There are tons of Benoit signs in the building.

Chuck Palumbo beat Kenny Doane in the dark match. Decent heat, and the crowd got into it at the end.

Cole and JBL were booed.

Ric Flair and Carlito are having a match and getting a lot of time. Flair won with the figure four in a good match. Flair was on fire.

Edge vs. Big Dave will be the main event.

Matt Hardy vs. Lance Cade. Matt won with the twist of fate in a good match.

Chavo Guerrero vs. Jamie Noble vs. Funaki. Chavo is getting cheered loudly. He won with the Gori bomb in a good match.

They actually did an angle backstage with Vickie Guerrero. Something about how Dave vs. Edge was going to take place even though they were never supposed to wrestle again, but it wouldn't be a title match.

Deuce and Domino beat Cryme Tyme. Not horrible. Cryme Tyme told the car afterwards and are going to strip it at the Brisco Brothers' auto shop.

MVP cut a promo on Tony Parker of the Spurs.

Kane beat MVP with the chokeslam. All matches are getting time.

They did a skit with Great Khali and Eugene. Then they did another one that involved Vickie, I believe Mickie, Hacksaw Jim Duggan and the fat oily guy. Basically a way to get Ron Simmons there to go, "DAMN!"

Mickey beat Victoria after missing a moonsault. Not bad.

Eugene vs. Great Khali. Khali won in a minute.

Batista beat Edge clean with the spear in a long match. Good stuff.

Cryme Tyme told the car afterwards and are going to strip it at the Brisco Brothers' auto shop.

Wait, what? Briscoes?

Cryme Tyme told the car afterwards and are going to strip it at the Brisco Brothers' auto shop.

Wait, what? Briscoes?

Not the ones from ROH. You know, Gerald Brisco.

Ok, either Edge gets a new finisher or everyone else has to stop using the spear. Unless they are going to play up that Batista beat Edge with his own finisher and use it as a way for Batista to get ANOTHER title shot, it's getting kind of silly how many people are winning matches with it.

Well, he does have that nifty high-angle DDT, as well as that grab the guy from behind by the throat and reverse sit out powerbomb sort of thingy.

Fuck that..Edge has been using the spear for longer than anyone else in the company that I can remember. Batista should stick to the Batista Bomb, Lashley should use the Dominator.

Well, he does have that nifty high-angle DDT, as well as that grab the guy from behind by the throat and reverse sit out powerbomb sort of thingy.

Fuck that..Edge has been using the spear for longer than anyone else in the company that I can remember. Batista should stick to the Batista Bomb, Lashley should use the Dominator.

Edge has the worst looking spear in the business. Lacey does a better spear. Edge needs something that doesn't look completely weak.

Why did Edge stop using the Edgecution DDT anyways? Did he really think pulling off a spear was a better idea?

I'm not too sure, maybe the move put press on his back and neck too much? Or the WWE requested he change it as a safety mesaure?

I've never really figured it out because I have always hated his spear.

If Edge was still a face, I'd suggest he go back to using that submission finisher that he had for a while.

As it is...Edge doing the spear is as bad to me as the short time period that Billy Gunn used the Jackhammer.

*Wonders if I'm the only one that remembers that*

Not only do I remember it, I remember Goldberg bitching about it in an interview.

But compared to guys like Berg and Rhino, Edge's spear is indeed really fuckin' weak. Almost as bad as Lashley's. (Come to think of it, I really don't think that move is actually the Dominator, it's just a fuckin' powerslam.)

I wonder how Chris Benoit felt about the Eugene Gimmick...

And with the recent facts that have come out...

I wonder if we have seen the end of "Eugene" and his match with Khali be

edited out of the show...They don't need anymore bad PR...

Too bad no one has picked up on that yet...

Decent Smackdown this week It felt good to see Smackdown go back to a show focused on matches now that the Mcmahon crap is over. Hardy/Cade and Batista/Edge were both solid matches.

Decent Smackdown this week It felt good to see Smackdown go back to a show focused on matches now that the Mcmahon crap is over. Hardy/Cade and Batista/Edge were both solid matches.

I can sort of tell though JBL seems a bit distracted or not himself for obvious reasons. Cole seems to be doing a good job of blocking it out though.

Not only do I remember it, I remember Goldberg bitching about it in an interview.

But compared to guys like Berg and Rhino, Edge's spear is indeed really fuckin' weak. Almost as bad as Lashley's. (Come to think of it, I really don't think that move is actually the Dominator, it's just a fuckin' powerslam.)

Yeah the original dominator that Ron simmons used, it would start like a gutwrenched suplex and then slam him/face first, an inverted front powerslam really.

The fact that edge's spear is used by Lashley also lets you know that is probably HHH's doing considering their history and you better believe no one would be using any of HHH's primary moves, much less his finisher.

I liked the edgecator(sp?) submission and I wouldn't mind him going back to it as well.

I bet its tough for Chavo to be out there wrestling right now.

Considering he at one point had four possible finishers (the spear, the Edge-O-matic, the Edgecutioner DDT, and the Edge-U-cation inverted standing deathlock) and resorted to the most generic of them all, it is kind of sad. Then again, when did anyone last see the Haas Of Pain calfcrusher submission? It seems like most talents have forgotten their abilities and moveset from previous years.

Right after MVP gave Kane a drop toe hold into the turnbuckle, the first thing that popped into my head was "Elijah Express!'..which got me thinking how much I would love to see MVP and Burke either as a team or against each other.

awesome show. Every match was great outside the Eugene match, which I don't count. All the matches were really good.

Jamie Noble going on close to a month of straight SD appearances. This is great.

Cole and JBL were booed.

WTF?

Jesse and Festus?

Is Festus the Fake Kane dude.. Freakin Decon or something?

Who is Festus? Was that a vignette, cause I didn't see any vignette in my rls of SD?