TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Impact spoilers

*Team 3D defeated LAX and AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels to retain the TNA Tag Team championships after a 3D on Daniels.

*A ten man Ultimate X match was announced for Victory Road.

*Sting & Abyss vs. Tomko & AJ Styles was announced for Victory Road.

*Abyss spoke for the first time during a promo.

Styles and Daniels should have won, not because they've been teaming regularly recently, but simply due to this: Angle/Joe vs. Styles/Daniels = GREATNESS

"*A ten man Ultimate X match was announced for Victory Road."

Oh dear God. Do they even have 10 X-Division guys on the roster at this point?

Full Spoilers:

Impact 7/5

*TNA Tag Team champions Team 3D defeated AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels and LAX after a 3D on Daniels.

*Jim Cornette joined Don West and Mike Tenay at the announcer's table.

*Christian Cage and Tomko came out. Cage was carrying his director's megaphone again. He said it's a symbol for a director and discusses the things he's produced in TNA - ratings, superstars he's made in the company. He asks Cornette who is Chris Harris to be wrestling Cage at Victory Road. He said Cage will be a superstar just for wrestling him at Victory Road. Cage says he wants back in the main event picture. Cornette gets a mic and said that Harris was going to shatter TNA's glass ceiling, using Cage's head as a battering ram. Cornette asks Cage if he made TNA or was it TNA that made Christian Cage. Cornette says Abyss is still looking to get his hands on Cage. Cage says that he's right here. Abyss' music begins to play so Cage heads to the back.

*Gail Kim pinned Jackie Moore to win a three-way also featuring Ms. Brooks. After the match, they both attacked Kim. Eric Young hit the ring to make the save. Jackie jumped on Eric's back and he flipped her over. Brooks did the same, with the same results. Robert Roode jumped Eric.

*TNA champion Kurt Angle came to the ring with both the TNA and IWGP title belts. He said that he just got back from Japan, winning another World title after making Brock Lesnar tap. He discusses an eight man tag match next week on Impact, saying it's going to be the biggest night in TNA history. Kurt Angle's Champion of Champions night. He said it's better to be remembered when you are still alive then when you are dead. He said that he was the one that put TNA on the map and that they've had their highest ratings in the last few weeks. He says that everyone in the locker room wants to be just like Kurt Angle. Team 3D comes out. Ray mocks Angle saying, "Blah blah blah blah" as they come to the ring. He said that he doesn't know where to start with Angle, but he's not the know all and end all within TNA. Ray says that it's about all the wrestlers in TNA, not just Kurt Angle. Angle tries to hit Ray but Devon nails Angle. He goes for a table but Samoa Joe hits the ring. He brawls with 3D. Angle grabs Joe from behind and hits an Olympic Slam through a table. They may have to sweeten the crowd noise for this segment as the live crowd was chanting for LAX and turning on 3D.

Xplosion:

*James Storm pinned Senshi with a superkick.

Impact 7/12:

*Abyss pinned Lance Hoyt with a Black Hole Slam. Christy Hemme looked awesome. [Note from Mike: When doesn't she?]. Abyss goes under the ring and grabs a bag of glass. Basham comes out to pull Lance Hoyt from the ring. Voodoo Kin Mafia hit the ringside area and battle with Hoyt and Basham. Christy is left in the ring with Abyss. Tomko and AJ Styles jump Abyss before he can do anything. Sting's music plays and he appears behind Tomko and Styles, then clears the ring. Sting takes the mic and says they'll see Tomko and Styles at Victory Road. He hands Abyss the mic and Abyss says, "Tomko, Styles, three days until Doomsday."

*Kaz defeated Havoc and Martyr in a qualifying match for the 10 Man Ultimate X match at Victory Road after pinning Martyr. After the match, Raven hit Kaz from behind with the kendo stick. All three of them beat down Kaz.

Xplosion:

*Jay Lethal pinned Petey Williams. Before the match, Sonjay Dutt came out and tossed flower pedals around the ring.

Impact 7/12:

*TNA & IWGP champion Kurt Angle, TNA X-Division champion Samoa Joe and TNA Tag Team champions Team 3D defeated AJ Styles & Christian Cage & Tomko & Robert Roode. Angle stayed out of the ring most of the match and had words with Joe. Brother Ray was trying to get them to focus on the match. Joe got Styles up for the Muscle Buster but Angle made a blind tag in. Angle covered AJ for the pin after the buster. Angle left the ring, leaving 3D and Joe in the ring.

He said it's better to be remembered when you are still alive then when you are dead.

That's awfully classy.

I'm really looking forward to the 10 man Ultimate-X match. Maybe from this match a few more X-Division guys can be brought in to make the division better then it has been recently.

What is that Ultimate X match for exactly? As in what does the winner get, an X title shot?

I agree that Styles/Daniels should have won. Let's face it, there is nobody in their right mind (or maybe even not in their right mind) who thinks the Dudleys have a hope in hell of beating Angle and Joe. They aren't going to put the world title on Bubba or the X title on D'Von, so we know 100% for a fact that Angle and Joe are winning the tag belts. At least with Styles and Daniels there was a chance someone might get the X title from Joe.

10 man Ultimate X? Excellent! Sharkboy gets on PPV again! Kaz finally get on tv other than being Raven's whipping boy! Oh no this means that Robert Roode might be X champ oh well at least Eric Young will put up a good fight. I'm guessing the rest will be the usual suspects like Dutt, Sabin, Lethal, Shelly, Michael Shane Bentley, Johnny Devine, and maybe both Naturals.

He said it's better to be remembered when you are still alive then when you are dead.

That's awfully classy.

Aye, was thinking the same thing.

Interesting that they acknowledge that he had the titles and defeated Brock Lesnar though.

Which could come back to bite them in the ass, considering that it's NOT the real IWGP title. It's a belt that was called that by Brock (he walked off from New Japan without ever losing the belt), because he's working for Inoki's new company and Inoki is so arrogant that he insisted on referring to the belt as the IWGP.

I just figured Sting would become his manager when the inevitable Abyss/Mitchell's new monster fued starts.

Ive been thinking about this 10 man Ultimate X match, and as weird as it sounds it should be quite good. But I can only assume that there will be "special guest apperances" or debuts for the other members because so far I count:

Black Machismo

Sonjay Dutt

Chris Sabin

Alex Shelley

Shark Boy

Kazarian

Petey Williams

And possibly Daniels, but I figured they were pushing him into the main event scene.

Abyss talks now?! Aw christ. "I'm... suicidal... homicidal... genocical... I'm..... Sabu."

if Abyss can cut a good promo

Speaking as someone who's seen a lot of Abyss promos from the old days on the indys, no, he can't.

Who would you compare his interview skills with? And how soon until James Mitchell brings out "Brother Abel" to feud with Abyss?

I just figured Sting would become his manager when the inevitable Abyss/Mitchell's new monster fued starts.

Ive been thinking about this 10 man Ultimate X match, and as weird as it sounds it should be quite good. But I can only assume that there will be "special guest apperances" or debuts for the other members because so far I count:

Black Machismo

Sonjay Dutt

Chris Sabin

Alex Shelley

Shark Boy

Kazarian

Petey Williams

And possibly Daniels, but I figured they were pushing him into the main event scene.

Matt Sydal could be another one.

Who would you compare his interview skills with? And how soon until James Mitchell brings out "Brother Abel" to feud with Abyss?

Probably after Abyss giving Christian a Black Hole Slam into the thumb tacks...

Black Machismo

Sonjay Dutt

Chris Sabin

Alex Shelley

Shark Boy

Kazarian

Petey Williams

So could Jerry Lynn. Daniels is possible as well since the Sting feud is over.

Probably after Abyss giving Christian a Black Hole Slam into the thumb tacks... bag of glass

So would this mystery monster debut by punching a hole threw the center of the ring then go on a rampage of stabbing people with shards of glass Abdullah the Butcher style?

Black Machismo

Sonjay Dutt

Chris Sabin

Alex Shelley

Shark Boy

Kazarian

Petey Williams

So could Jerry Lynn. Daniels is possible as well since the Sting feud is over.

Oh yeah I forgot about Jerry Lynn. They'll probably throw Roode in there as well just to fill the numbers.

Who would you compare his interview skills with?

Sid. He cuts promos just like motherfucking Sid. Same weird combination of screaming & ranting, and creepy (but hard to hear) whispering. Plus generic maniacal villain laughter.

Sid. He cuts promos just like motherfucking Sid. Same weird combination of screaming & ranting, and creepy (but hard to hear) whispering. Plus generic maniacal villain laughter.

I LUV IT! If he did it with 100% conviction and believes what he says than whatever he does would look good on tv.

Guest mpcuniverse

I feel like they are giving the tag titles to joe and angle because when scotty steiner comes back they will have that match and they can do it non-title so that the steiners win. As for Kane speaking it wasn't WWE's fault about that. It was the same guy who's now writing for TNA: Vince Russo

So the first live TNA impact

"Ah shit, can we do that again?"

What I think is so freaking ridiculous about the next ppv main event is that its so stupid to even suggest that either Dudley guy could win the damn X division title, especially. With Styles/Daniels in there instead, that whole situation would have been MUCH better. Plus I dont care to see Angle and Joe trying to get along as tag partners and tag champs to build to their obvious rematch later in the year. It's like a rehash storyline from Cena/Michaels building to Mania in a way, as I'm almost 100 percent sure for some nonsensical reason, when Joe or Angle beats the Duds, they will pick that same person as their tag champ partner even though they supposedly hate each other. Oh and this whole idea behind this match is HARDLY something innovative, WWE did it at an In Your House ppv back twelve years ago.

TNA, you're losing me with this whole build to the next ppv, much less building to Joe/Angle again. I've gotten every (yes, EVERY) TNA ppv, from the weeklys to the monthlys, and this upcoming show has finally gotten me so uninterested in the card that I can't force myself to purchase this one, no freaking way. While I think Impact has been pretty alright lately, this upcoming ppv has nothing of interest on it and Impact now, nor hardly ever, has really made me interested in a certain ppv they do, more its just that they have (most of the time) had good sounding matches on paper for at least part of the card --- matches that sound at least like they might have potential. Not this ppv though. Throwing a ten man Ultimate X match reeks of despiration to me a bit too, as on paper the card hardly has anything of value I can see. Christian v. Chris Harris needs to be an Impact main event before that's thrown as a long term feud, much less a ppv match. Sting/Abyss in a tag against Styles/Abyss...again, a perfectly suitable Impact main event, but not as what is basically the match under the main event in terms of drawing power on the card? Huh??!!

Styles/Daniels vs Joe/Angle would have meant three heels in the match along with Joe who is a tweener anyway. Plus, I would rather see the Dudleys job to Joe/Angle than Styles/Daniels.

So Angle's a heel now? I haven't watched any wrestling aside from Puro in months.. from what I gather having an Appreciation Night means you're automatically a heel, correct? It's just like suddenly growing facial hair... ;)

So Angle's a heel now? I haven't watched any wrestling aside from Puro in months.. from what I gather having an Appreciation Night means you're automatically a heel, correct? It's just like suddenly growing facial hair... ;)

Speaking of which, Angle needs to grow a goatee. A gold bandolier wouldn't hurt either.

And yeah, I'm thinking that anytime you declare a "Me Appreciation Night," you're solidly in heel territory. Even if you're The Rock. Well, maybe not Rock, since he's STILL so over he could kick a crippled puppy and still get a face pop.