TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
OldSchoolWrestling

OAO Raw Thread - July 9, 2007

Bobby Lashley cemented his spot in The Great American Bash's WWE Championship Match last week when he defeated Shelton Benjamin and the time of King Booker in the final "Beat the Clock" Match of the evening. This Monday night, right at 9 p.m. ET, King Booker will look for revenge as he takes on Lashley in one-on-one action. Will royalty rule this week on Raw? Or will Lashley overthrow the King en route to his WWE Championship Match with John Cena?

Also, Randy Orton may also have a chance to add another Legend to his list of victims. After he slapped WWE Hall of Famer Dusty Rhodes last week, “The American Dream” told Orton to meet him face-to-face in Lafayette. What does Dusty have in mind for the Legend Killer?

Plus, Candice Michelle may be Women’s Champion, but Melina’s not ready to let go. After defeating Maria in action last week, the former champion attacked Candice, only to find herself with a face full of floor. Will the rivalry between Candice and Melina come to a head this week?

Find out the answers to all of these questions and more on Raw, Monday night at 9/8 CT on USA Network.

Wow, talk about an uninteresting preview. A feud between Candice and Melina is now one of the main feuds on RAW? And Orton vs the Rhodes family?

Booker vs Lashley doesn't seem too bad but the rest of that sounds boring as hell.

Please don't tell me they're going to put Dusty back in the ring, in a singles match even? They should've learned their lesson earlier this year.

Larry King with Bret Hart, Jericho and Cena sounds better.

I dare Vince to let Cena appear on Larry King live from the WWE ring in character. When Bret says something negative Cena can call him Mr Pink crappy pants or something.

Larry King with Bret Hart, Jericho and Cena sounds better.

I dare Vince to let Cena appear on Larry King live from the WWE ring in character. When Bret says something negative Cena can call him Mr Pink crappy pants or something.

"[goofy voice]So, they call you the Excellence Of Execution, huh?[/goofy voice] More like the Excellence Of Mastur-BATION!"

*dead silence*

Man, this stuff writes itself. Who needs a career in Hollywood?

Also, Booker vs. Lashley? Have they ever faced each other one on one before?

Well USA had a different preview, stating Cena and Lashley would team against Booker and Kennedy, so expect interference in the singles match.

Well USA had a different preview, stating Cena and Lashley would team against Booker and Kennedy, so expect interference in the singles match.

Great, Kennedy is going to start his first three RAW shows with three straight losses. Well, hopefully this time he at least looks good in defeat. His match against Edge and his "match" against Super Crazy did not make him look good. If anything, his RAW appearance have went a long way to make him look like a comedy act. Which is a damn shame.

I warned everyone that Kennedy would be that main guy sent to Raw that would get lost in the shuffle or possibly buried.

This Raw sounds pretty dull tonight. Why would they take Cena off the show for the Larry King thing? Why not use someone from SD for King that isn't supposed to be on Raw tonight?

I warned everyone that Kennedy would be that main guy sent to Raw that would get lost in the shuffle or possibly buried.

This Raw sounds pretty dull tonight. Why would they take Cena off the show for the Larry King thing? Why not use someone from SD for King that isn't supposed to be on Raw tonight?

They should have got Khali on there.

Im most looking foward to this week of WWE so i can know what matches will happen next week for I will go to RAW/SD/ECW next week...

I like many others had tickets for the 3 hour raw on June 25th.....

But as much as Dusty vs Orton at the bash will be a bad match..... I mean c'mon who better to kill the legend of Dusty Rhodes at the bash... The Event He created!! Im sorry its just very markable thinking about it....

I would want booker to beat lashley and it be a triple threat at the bash....

As for Kennedy..... More Promos!!!

Cena is the biggest in-house name in the promotion (not counting people such as McMahon himself or Austin, but we can agree they'd be horrible to represent the company right now given their confrontational ways) and it's the first time anyone from WWE outside of the legal department has spoke about Benoit on a major stage.

Cena is a good talker as well. They could have asked Foley or JBL (Each could hold their own with King) to do it but I'm assuming King wanted Cena.

I figured Cena would appear on Larry King by video. I doubt he'll be in the studio. Cena and Kennedy will interfere in the Lashley/Booker match and Coach will make it a tag match for later. That gives Cena the rest of the hour to appear on Larry King.

I figured Cena would appear on Larry King by video. I doubt he'll be in the studio. Cena and Kennedy will interfere in the Lashley/Booker match and Coach will make it a tag match for later. That gives Cena the rest of the hour to appear on Larry King.

That's an awfully busy schedule. Is Larry on any other night of the week?

There better be some Londrick Vs. Barnyard Mafia build-up tonight.

I also want Sandman to swing the cane.

Let's nor forget Snitsky was set to debut at the McMahon Funeral, so I'm sure he'll squash Duggan or something tonight. "SNITSKY IS UNSTOPPABLE!" Yawn.

Every weeknight. He booked Jericho and Hart for tonight and wanted a WWE rep. It'll be strange to see Cena against his own show.

Every weeknight. He booked Jericho and Hart for tonight and wanted a WWE rep. It'll be strange to see Cena against his own show.

So why then is one of the company's biggest draws on a Monday of all days?

So why then is one of the company's biggest draws on a Monday of all days?

Once again, as I said just a few posts above.

Cena is the biggest in-house name in the promotion (not counting people such as McMahon himself or Austin, but we can agree they'd be horrible to represent the company right now given their confrontational ways) and it's the first time anyone from WWE outside of the legal department has spoke about Benoit on a major stage.

Cena is a good talker as well. They could have asked Foley or JBL (Each could hold their own with King) to do it but I'm assuming King wanted Cena.

There better be some Londrick Vs. Barnyard Mafia build-up tonight.

I also want Sandman to swing the cane.

Let's nor forget Snitsky was set to debut at the McMahon Funeral, so I'm sure he'll squash Duggan or something tonight. "SNITSKY IS UNSTOPPABLE!" Yawn.

Hey Snitsky is the future of the WWE I mean listen to the crowd! (*Cricket....Cricket*) And Hey.... No Fan Reaction... That wasn't his fault!!

If indeed Cena doesn't show up on Raw at all, would that be his first non-appearance since he came to the show in June 05?

It's possible as I don't recall him missing time during the movie shooting, thanks to an crazy schedule he set himself for. That will change with the next movie shoot.

Dusty Rhodes is the least over 'Legend' from what I remember from the Survivor Series match when they were being introduced, he got the smallest pop behind Sergeant Slaughter.