TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DangerousDamon

Smackdown Vs Raw 08

Yeah. Sabu would be a stretch. However, going by the usual deadline of June or so for these games, they should at least have his moves, animations, etc., as well as RVD's. Maybe there are better examples out there but Haas, Jindrak and Spike, who all were released in June/July, as well as Hassan who was taken off TV, were all in 2006.

Is that other announcer in the video Lawler? Cause, god, he sounds horrible.

Edit: Watching more of the video now....do they have all 4 announcers going at the same time? Yeah, that won't get annoying fast. At all.

Know what peeves me a little about SDvR07 that I hope they fix in 08? No Death Valley Driver. I've looked up and down the movelist and haven't seen it. The closest thing they have is the F-U v2, but even then that's still got Cena's little "you can't see me" bull before he picks 'em up. Is it as a Control move?

I'm prolly selling '07 as soon as '08 comes out, along with some other games I don't play anymore. Hopefully it's at least as decent as 06.

The only issue I really have with '07 was the loading times, but that is erased with the ability to install the game to my HDD :)

Which version of 07 is everyone talking about? Did 07 for the 360 suck. I might want to get that.

Which version of 07 is everyone talking about? Did 07 for the 360 suck. I might want to get that.

No. It was the best 3-D wrestling game ever to be released in North America.

Was it really that good on 360, or are you taking the piss?

Hopefully they get rid of the "weight limits" for '08. You know what I mean. How a Light Heavy can't do luchadore or martial arts, and how one needs to be under 200 lbs. to be a cruiser. Last I checked, cruiserweight limit was 225 lbs., maybe even 230 lbs., so yeah. It's not like there haven't been big luchadores, either. Abysmo Negro is a pretty big fuck who does the standard lucha moves (and little else), so there you go.

No. It was the best 3-D wrestling game ever to be released in North America.

My only complain about '07 was the lack of selling. In 06, if you worked on the leg, the opponent would limp around the ring. In 07, unless I've missed something (I haven't played it that much lately), no matter what part of the body you work on, the opponent will just hold the back of his head, and move extra slow around the ring. The 7+ year-old N64 games had the selling done perfectly, why cant these new wrestling games?

Hopefully they get rid of the "weight limits" for '08. You know what I mean. How a Light Heavy can't do luchadore or martial arts, and how one needs to be under 200 lbs. to be a cruiser. Last I checked, cruiserweight limit was 225 lbs., maybe even 230 lbs., so yeah. It's not like there haven't been big luchadores, either. Abysmo Negro is a pretty big fuck who does the standard lucha moves (and little else), so there you go

Does his weight really need to be exact? All it is is merely a number, and doesn't even change the way the character looks...so why not just make him a cruiser, creat him big, and give him all the cruiser moves you want?

And the cruiser limit by the way is 215 in the wwe.

In regards to the selling, the thing was that the body/head was so easy to damage that that usually took precedence. But if you have a match where say, only the legs were red then he would do the thing where he walks around holding his leg. If only the arms are red then he holds his arms. But as soon as the body or head gets red, he starts to hold that, so you rarely see those animations unless that's what you're specifically going for (For example you have to do like 10 figure fours, without having damaged his body in the process...etc)

It does mean something, mostly because I wanted my CAW to be able to do some martial arts moves (based off an e-fed character I used frequently during the years I fedded, who was barely on the Jr. Heavyweight line and practiced Muay Thai) but also to be able to suplex somebody who weighs 300 lbs. That aspect of the system is a little fucked, because there's no reason somebody who weighs 230 isn't able to do the Ultimo Dragon kick combo (Combination 4 in the CAW, IIRC).

Because neither can the real workers that we're playing computer simulations of.

how true.

I've been playing this series for a long time now, and I really look forward to the next one. I just hope CM Punk makes the roster, so my boyfriend will stop worrying.

Because neither can the real workers that we're playing computer simulations of.

how true.

I've been playing this series for a long time now, and I really look forward to the next one. I just hope CM Punk makes the roster, so my boyfriend will stop worrying.

I think Punk is set. I read an early list of confirmed characters and he was in it. I forgot where I read it though, so maybe it wasnt legit? I doubt it though. He HAS to be in it.

And the cruiser limit by the way is 215 in the wwe.

It's 220. I remember from when Matt Hardy was trying to lose weight so he could challenge for it.

And that was what, 3-4 years ago? I checked before I posted...

"Needless to say, Hornswoggle falls well within the 215-pound weight limit that’s stipulated in Cruiserweight rules"

http://www.wwe.com/shows/thegreatamericanb...789824/results/

I caught a bit of X-play today and they were showcasing the fall sports line up and I just happen to catch a pre-view of Smackdown vs Raw 2008 and they showed a lot of Sandman and damn it seems you can do a LOT more with weapons now...and I had no clue there were going to be flaming tables.

One thing I kinda didn't like were the wrestlers body models, they all seemed to shiny for my taste.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/812/812999p1.html

It's a new roster update.

August 15, 2007 - If you're a professional wresting fan, we don't have to tell you -- WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2008 is coming. However, the wait hasn't been -- and isn't going to be -- easy. Each week, WWE Superstars duke it out on TV, and you end up sadly glancing at your videogame machine and praying that the faces and heels will make haste to the digital world.

Today, the wait is a bit easier. THQ has announced the next seven superstars for this year's game: Elijah Burke, Carlito, CM Punk, the Innovator of Violence Tommy Dreamer, the Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels, the Nature Boy Ric Flair and Mr. Kennedy … Kennedy!

The seven join the previously announced roster of Jeff Hardy, Sandman, Undertaker, Bobby Lashley, Kane, Triple H, John Cena, Rey Mysterio, Chris Masters and Randy Orton. The company's three commentary teams will join the 17 named superstars as well as a plethora of others on the final roster.

Want to know which wrestlers will make the final line-up? Check out IGN's exclusive on September 3 and look for the annual countdown to follow in the near future.

wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2008-20070814081618476.jpg

With Fire Pro coming to the states I have ZERO reason to even think of purchasing this game.

Whoa wha HUH!?! I guess I've missed something; when did this news come out? That's great!

I'm on the fence about passing on this since Fire Pro is coming, but the inclusion of Sandman and Dreamer is making it very appealing.

Yeah exactly. Sandman and Dreamer are the only reasons I'm buying this game even if it has horrible reviews. Punk too, but more importantly Sandman and Dreamer. Nostalgia! Obviously Fire Pro is going to be loads better than SD vs Raw, but hey, it's good to have a job. I can get both.

Us copyright laws are going to FUCK firepro up though.

Yeah, maybe. I was thinking the US FirePro rosters would be ruined but would it really mess with the fake Japanese rosters? I dont know too much about that, but the American version of FirePro for the GBA seemed to be A-OK with me.

I'm sure they can get around it. From what I've seen, the whole game is super-customizable. I'm sure they can change/unchange just enough features of wrestlers to make it passable.

Also, Marvel's lawsuit against City of Heroes was thrown out.