TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Kamala

Worst indy show you've been to

I've been to shows so bad the promotion names only bothered to have two initials. I swear the local promotion was called "Championship Wrestling" for four years.

Dyersburg... hmm... did they have a guy called Void wrestling there? If so, I know a couple people at that show.

It had a guy doing a "mysterious magician" gimmick complete with tacky tricks like shooting sparks from his fingers

And with a body that looked vaguely like Scott Steiner's? If so, that's the one and only Spellbinder, aka Del Rios from the 1st TNA ppv, aka Wrestlecrap's Phantasio.

Yeah. That's him. He was billed as a former WWE superstar and one of the guys working the show tried to tell us he was "new." He wrestled under the name Shock at the Burchill/Lawler show.

Ironically, I just got off the phone with that guy. He's a friend, and in fact was my tag partner in my first match. We joke that we're still undefeated (we only teamed once and won that night).

And hey lookee, 5000 post mark. Weird how appropriate it seems to have it happen in this thread.

I grew up in the Birmingham, Alabama area so I was able to be around some decent indies (Stable organizations, some "name" talent on a consistent basis, good crowds, etc.), but I do remember probably the worst show I've ever seen.

I don't remember the promotion, but it was an outlaw group if there ever was one. They were running out of an armory, and really... I don't even know how they were able to get the place. Outside of some horrendous wrestling, they thing that stands out the most is that one of the wrestlers tried to do a spot where he jumped over the ropes and out of the ring. Well, he landed on someone in the crowd and ended up breaking their leg.

I've been to three Memphis indy shows. They all had their positives.

and a black guy taking on Lawler in the most racist little town in Tennessee. Fun times.

Derrick King or Johnny Dotson? It has to be one of the two.

Due to living in North-East England I've only ever been to one wrestling show live, when I was a kid. There was maybe 100 people there, mainly kids and their parents. The ring was about 10 foot square, and the wrestlers were rip-off Undertakers and Kane (Who were about 6' 2"), and some All-American Lex Luger type with a Birmingham accent. I think the only slam a saw was a scoop slam, I'm not sure if the Undertaker even did a Tombstone or a Chokeslam.

Yeah, we had a WWE Tribute show in Derby one time, that I just happened to be at.

Highlight of the night was someone dressed as Sting coming out to Goldberg's music.

I've been to three Memphis indy shows. They all had their positives.

and a black guy taking on Lawler in the most racist little town in Tennessee. Fun times.

Derrick King or Johnny Dotson? It has to be one of the two.

King. He kept digging way too deep into his shorts to grab his "foreign object". It wasn't a comforting sight.

Guest WWE247FanaticSeries

I swear, I saw CM Punk drink some beer at a AWWL show here! Musta been boring!