TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zappafrank

Wrestlers You Like as Wrestlers But Dislike as People?

Yeah, I've only seen his Bulldogs WWF work but yeah what a prick. Regardless of the fact, he seems to be kind of a chair, it still sucks that he's in such a diminished state. Apparently he's in one of the U.S. tabloids talking about Chris Benoit and how he tried to "save his life" by telling him not to take steroids like he did.

Marty Jannetty seems to be one of those guys who tells a lot of funny, sleazy stories on his shoots but after a while, the jokes become less funny and he just seems really seedy.

Considering DK did an interview with Benoit on the LAW a couple years back warning him about the perils of the lifestyle in wrestling, including the drugs and physical abuse, I'd say that him trying to save his life is not as much of a stretch as you're making it out to be.

Elaborate on Jannetty, that seems pretty funny. I'd be interested in hearing his stories.

Hey, I didn't say DK was lying. It's just selling the story to The Globe that seems kind of exploitive. But I can't blame him, he probably really needs the money.

Here's a link to the Globe's website where they have a blurb; http://www.globemagazine.com/

Here's Marty Jannetty talking about The Iron Sheik; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9ZmZ0ZVq48

Marty Jannetty got kicked off of The Wrestling Classics board about 4 years ago for telling some seedy stories.

Brock Lesnar - Walked Away from a Dream Job

You dislike Lesnar because he quit WWE?

I hate to sound lame but just because it's your dream job doesn't mean it's Brock Lesnar's dream job!

I think Lesnar, Warrior and Goldberg are all guys who went in the goal with coming in, making a shit ton of money and got out before their body fell apart. They succeeded to the ire of some of the IWC.

NO I dont dislike him... I just think its stupid how he was in WWE for 2 years and he quit abruptly for the NFL, in which he got nowhere

No its not my dream job per se..... But why did he go to WWE if he wanted to be a football player..

He hated WWE. He hated the schedule. He hated being hurt. He hated travelling. He hated being away from his family.

Brock Lesnar tried wrestling and it wasn't for him. It wasn't the best time for him to leave, but he gave his notice and did the job on the way out. He was still a kid basically when he was on top of the world in WWE. I don't blame him for burning out and wanting to do something else.

Like as a person, but HATE in the ring:

Mark Henry - Seems like a genuinely nice guy

John Cena - The current king of charity work

Buff Bagwell - My girlfriend and I talked to Buff following an indy show earlier this year, and contrary to what you always hear, he's nothing but class. Seems 5 years wrestling the indies has done well to humble him.

Rick Steiner - Same situation as Buff. We met him at the same indy show.

Stevie Ray - another genuinely nice guy. Talked to him for a little while after a Nitro taping back in 2000.

Enjoy/Enjoyed to watch perform, but wouldn't piss on them if they were burning alive:

Chris Benoit - 'nuff said

Batista - Stayed with his most recent wife just long enough for her to beat cancer, so not to look like a COMPLETE dick

Hulk Hogan - Biggest Ego in History

Bret Hart - was watchable (sorry, but I was never a big fan of him), but the little bitch needs to get over the Montreal thing.

Steve Austin - I have no respect for the guy.

I'll add more later if I can think of any.

Guest messiahtype
Bret Hart. He's a moany little bitch with a ten year old grudge.

his brother was killed due to negligence by a company that also sh*tted on him and tried to bury him, despte his loyalty and having a large hand in the stardom of the man who would make them a billion dollar industry(austin). when he could've left for a loaded WCW contract which also had movies included.

I'd say he rightfully has a life long grudge, idiot. unless losing a brother's life over a worthless stunt is something you just forget like it never happened..

Guest messiahtype
When was Shelton Benjamin determined to be a racist?

never. im assuming he's referring to when shelton was playing the "angry black man" role, which didnt go anywhere.

Where the hell have you (and the others who said this kind of stupid bullshit) been for the past several years? :bonk:

Bret has been over the Montreal thing for a very long time. WWE on the other hand, are the ones who have a hard time letting it go, as the seemingly bring it up everytime they go to Canada. If Bret holds a grudge against WWE for anything, it's the way his brother Owen died and how they went on with the PPV afterwards.

Have you forgotten that Bret worked with WWE on his dvd set (and refused to make Montreal the centerpiece of conversation when WWE wanted to), went to the Hall of Fame ceremony, appeared on Raw the night of the Vince is dead angle, and pretty much defended WWE on all the news shows when the Benoit murders happened?

I've never been a big fan of Bret outside the ring, but it doesn't specifically pertain to Montreal. He, along with many other wrestlers of his generation, have a hard time separating themselves from the character they play on television. He doesn't seem to realize that it's a worked sport and he accomplished what he did because he was booked to do so. Bret has always seemed overly concerned with protecting his legacy and refusing to let bygones be bygones. He just seems too self-absorbed for my liking, but your mileage may vary.

Pretty much, but he is my second favorite wrestler.

And Dynamite is a douchebag.

Me and my buddy went to a show a couple of years ago and he walked up to Shelton to get a picture with him and his autograph. Shelton asked him if he was Mexican to which my friend replied yes and Shelton just walked away immediately. We couldn't believe it! :angry:

Vince Mcmahon. I love the character but he seems like a bastard in real life.

Jeff Hardy

Dave Prazak for bringing Shimmer to the fetish lovers.

Me and my buddy went to a show a couple of years ago and he walked up to Shelton to get a picture with him and his autograph. Shelton asked him if he was Mexican to which my friend replied yes and Shelton just walked away immediately. We couldn't believe it! :angry:

Naa he isnt racist... it was just i guess his character(?) i could be wrong though