TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - August 2007

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OhBRnfItS_U

There's the "fingerpoke of doom." I would believe that what Mick Foley didn't like was the fact that the show ended with Bill Goldberg beaten. The build-up that night and the non-match just begged for Bill Goldberg to clean house and end the show raising the World title belt above his head. What they got, just made him look weak.

See, the context of JR's Bulldog comment was that the WWF had a mediocre roster circa 1995-97. I did not take it as a remark on his admittedly mediocre last run in 1999, since by that point the WWF was cruising in the ratings and most his push lasted about 2 months (he was in the 6 pack challenge, then jobbed to the Rock, and that was it for his push). It was like he said "Yeah, we had nobody back in 1995-96 so we had to keep repackaging the British Bulldog."

1. Bulldog did a mega heatless heel turn on Kevin Nash in Sept. 1995. The two had no previous onscreen relationship so it was a big WTF moment. And even during that dubious initial heel run he had a great match with Bret on PPV.

2. The angle with Diana and Michaels was borderline tasteless. In fact I heard Bulldog at one point wanted his release over it, but decided to stay on. This angle was one thing that led to me watching WCW more and more.

3. He finally tagged with Owen and that clicked pretty well, but they still had no one worth a damn to feud with over the tag belts.

Besides, even if JR WAS referring to his 1999 run it's still an uncalled for remark considering Smith was in dire physical health and hospitalized not too long before he was signed.

Guest bp2007

I wanted to thank whoever told me about the new programs on 24/7 Online on this board. I ordered it for the month and just watched the first two parts of the History of the Intercontinental Title. For anyone whose an old-school fan I reccomend this show. It alone is worth the $4 I spent.

They also got tons of SummerSlam matches that I haven't watched for a while.

I don't get VOD due to my Comcast sucking but this is a great alternative.

Just thought I'd throw in my review on the site because I used to have it a year or two ago and hated the service. Now it seems to almost rival VOD with some original programming.

Macho Man's TNT antics are amusing.

Check out the JYD/Savage shortie. Gorilla tries to interview Elizabeth at ringside during the match, as he does with many managers. Savage sees Elizabeth talking to Gorilla and FLIPS.

I just checked out the Summerslam 97 show. I was actually at that ppv and was sitting directly above the entranceway.

It's strange seeing Pillman at that point still limping so noticeably. It was weird because he would perform a move off the tope with no problem, but then limp when he was just walking or getting up from the mat.

i watched Summerslam 1997 as well today pretty solid show, i think it sucks that because of what Benoit did that WWE has to edit off his footage, its not really fair to Flair, Arn, Eddie, Jericho, Malenko, MVP and many countless others

i watched Summerslam 1997 as well today pretty solid show, i think it sucks that because of what Benoit did that WWE has to edit off his footage, its not really fair to Flair, Arn, Eddie, Jericho, Malenko, MVP and many countless others

They choose to edit off any footage featuring Benoit, they don't have to.

Frankly, I feel that removing Benoit from WWE history is retarded.

Guest krippler27

The Benoit thing does not bother me right now in that he is not a major player in the MNW at this point. I will get upset if they totally take out the point where he "won" the WCW title, had the Best of 7 with Booker, and The Radicalz.

Guest WWE247FanaticSeries
I'm sure Arn, Flair and co. would love to have it shown repeatedly how they hob-nobbed on television with a murderer.

You're a mod, you should know better than to call Benoit a murderer. We will know him for his wrestling skills, unless WWE uses their memory wiper over all Benoit matches and fans.

I'm sure Arn, Flair and co. would love to have it shown repeatedly how they hob-nobbed on television with a murderer.

You're a mod, you should know better than to call Benoit a murderer. We will know him for his wrestling skills, unless WWE uses their memory wiper over all Benoit matches and fans.

Uh....but he did murder his wife and kid. Hell of a wrestler but also a murderer.

The Benoit thing does not bother me right now in that he is not a major player in the MNW at this point. I will get upset if they totally take out the point where he "won" the WCW title, had the Best of 7 with Booker, and The Radicalz.

They will. In the roundtable discussion, they made reference to only "Perry, Dean, and Eddie" when discussing their jump. They even showed video of just those three together. No mention of "You Know Who" at all.

See, the context of JR's Bulldog comment was that the WWF had a mediocre roster circa 1995-97. I did not take it as a remark on his admittedly mediocre last run in 1999, since by that point the WWF was cruising in the ratings and most his push lasted about 2 months (he was in the 6 pack challenge, then jobbed to the Rock, and that was it for his push). It was like he said "Yeah, we had nobody back in 1995-96 so we had to keep repackaging the British Bulldog."

1. Bulldog did a mega heatless heel turn on Kevin Nash in Sept. 1995. The two had no previous onscreen relationship so it was a big WTF moment. And even during that dubious initial heel run he had a great match with Bret on PPV.

2. The angle with Diana and Michaels was borderline tasteless. In fact I heard Bulldog at one point wanted his release over it, but decided to stay on. This angle was one thing that led to me watching WCW more and more.

3. He finally tagged with Owen and that clicked pretty well, but they still had no one worth a damn to feud with over the tag belts.

Besides, even if JR WAS referring to his 1999 run it's still an uncalled for remark considering Smith was in dire physical health and hospitalized not too long before he was signed.

I didn't feel as if JR was personally knocking the Bulldog. He made it a point at two different times to say he was not meaning to knock the memory of the Bulldog or anything like that, but he was just using him as an example of a talent that was around the company for a long time and kept getting repackaged in the hopes of drawing interest. I've watched the episode a couple of times, and there is nothing in it that tells me JR is trying to insult the Bulldog in any way.

i think what JR was trying to say was that Bulldog was a great athlete but he kept getting rehashed and lost his shine

Uh....but he did murder his wife and kid. Hell of a wrestler but also a murderer.

But will people in the year 3000 open their time caspule and see a paper that says "Chris Benoit was a hell of a wrestler, but also a murderer," or will they see a video tape that says,"Chris Benoit might have murdered his family, but the thing most people will remember him for was his wrestling ability?" I go with the latter.

Do you honestly think people remember O.J. Simpson as a great football player? It's the same idea with Benoit. Discussion over.

That being said, I don't neccessarily agree with them editing him out of WWE history. I understand it but I don't agree with it.

I watched SummerSlam 94 today, and it seems like they are slipping out the F's left and right.

Macho Man's TNT antics are amusing.

lol yea rippping up the hogan poster, and then tossing out all the figures in the toy ring cuz theyre not of him. He was borderlining on woman-beater too here with his treatment of Liz.

Summerslam 1994 is now up

hmm.. what cable provider do you go through, because i dont have mine yet

Guest uruloke
Summerslam 1994 is now up

hmm.. what cable provider do you go through, because i dont have mine yet

Charter, though it seems the system is down so I guess Ill have to wait to watch it :(

I used to have 24/7 Online but stopped using it when matches became repetitive.

I'm not a fan of any VOD service as Comcast near me sucks.

I went on 24/7 Online and saw videos like "JR's Pick, Hot-Beds, History of the Intercontinental Title" and they are drawing my attention. Has anybody else watched these programs and could tell me how they are? I know $4 doesn't seem like a lot but I give a lot of my money to WWE as it is that I don't know if I should give them anymore.

The first part of History of the Intercontinental Title was awesome. Patterson defending against DeNucci (eh), the complete Patera title win over Patterson (awesome), and Morales defending against Slaughter (short but good). Part 2 on 8/15 is supposed to cover the Morales-Muraco feud.

JRs pick last month was HBK vs. Vince from Mania and thus far has been hit or miss.

Wrestling Hot Beds has great potential. North Carolina this month, so it's the Hardys' first title win from 1999, Flair-Rock from 2002, Helms-Matt Hardy from No Mercy 2006 (the best of this show), and Flair-Vader from Starrcade 93.

Hopefully the selection improves when this summer skin shit stops.

Very cool. I think I'm going to re-invest in it. Any word on the "Surprise" they said would only be available on 24/7 Online in September?

The Old-School month seems interesting as long as it doesn't show all videos I've seen before.

Thanks for the help!

Even if it does, it'll be nice to have them in 750K quality rather than 300K.

I'm kinda bummed my hard drive recently crashed and I lost all the online links to Benoit's matches that were taken off the WWE 24/7 Online webpage. The links were still active but they were wiped off my WMP Library when the pc went poof.

I checked out SS 94 tonight. Had seen it before a few years ago, but got a copy of it this time. It's actually a pretty decent PPV up until the god awful UT vs. UT main event. What the hell could they have been thinking having THAT match main a PPV?

Guest bp2007

That does suck. I do enjoy the 750k streams. It makes the videos very re-watchable.

As I said in another post I really enjoyed the History of the Intercontinental Title Shot. I'm really interested to see what they do when they get up Savage. Perhaps they air all the Savage/Steamboat matches on TV? Imagine if they find a gem that's even better than their WM3 match?

I also checked out that Despicable Moments show a few months ago. Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin cracked me up leading into the HBK moment. Matt Striker was also hysterical talking about King Kong Bundy. Was that show also on VOD as they had a lot of superstars on it?

I'm holdin out hope we get the Santana/Savage series as an episode. IIRC, the MSG matches are clipped on CV's "Macho Man Randy Savage & Elizabeth". It would be awesome to get those complete.

Guest krash9924
I checked out SS 94 tonight. Had seen it before a few years ago, but got a copy of it this time. It's actually a pretty decent PPV up until the god awful UT vs. UT main event. What the hell could they have been thinking having THAT match main a PPV?

You have got to love Vince's comment about how the crowd was so quiet because they where stunned by seeing two Undertakers, sure that's the reason.

And Cogeco once again does not receive a PYBO.

Regarding the 750k streams on 24/7 Online, I usually have to roll with 300 anyway because it just looks too choppy (apparently I'm supposed to be using WMP 11 for the 750 videos, but the Genuine Advantage requirement is putting a stop on that program being installed... for now).