TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion for August 2007

I only like Taz when he's with Cole, because he picks on him... and I really have never liked Cole. But honestly, JBL does a better job of being the heel announcer on all fronts, so take that as you will.

I don't think you can classify JBL as a heel anymore. A heel doesn't dress up and act a fool with cole like he did a few weeks back on raw. A heel doesn't praises faces at all but he does so all the time, at least the ones he likes. And a heel doesn't constantly smile and get along with cole so much. Sure he picks on him from time to time but many times when the camera is on them, he is smiling from ear to ear with cole.

This is why I like JBL so much and many others too imo. He Doesn't fit the mold of anyone before him because he praises heels and faces so much and so strongly. Because of this he comes across as genuine and not the typical "only praise the heel or only praise the face" announcer. He puts over the talent in the ring better than anyone else before him imho.

I'd trade his great commentary to have him back in the ring. Wasn't he supposed to get some kind of back surgery recently that might let him wrestle again?

what I like about JBL is that, like Jesse Ventura, you can tell when he just genuinely hates a guy. I'm not talking playing the role as a heelish announcer, i mean you can tell that outside of the wrestling world, he'd love to just kick the guy's ass...or rape him or whatever.

Does anybody remember the name of the Tag Team of Lance Cade/Trevor Murdoch, for awhile they were called something like the Texas Rednecks? I heard them called the Redneck Wrecking Crew recentlybut ,does anybody remember the other name, they called them a couple of times around September 2006?

Was it the West Texas Rednecks?

No, that was Hennig, Bobby Duncam Jr. and Barry Windham in WCW.

Does anybody remember the name of the Tag Team of Lance Cade/Trevor Murdoch, for awhile they were called something like the Texas Rednecks? I heard them called the Redneck Wrecking Crew recentlybut ,does anybody remember the other name, they called them a couple of times around September 2006?

Was it the West Texas Rednecks?

No, that was Hennig, Bobby Duncam Jr. and Barry Windham in WCW.

Don't forget the easily-forgettable Kendall Windham.

what I like about JBL is that, like Jesse Ventura, you can tell when he just genuinely hates a guy. I'm not talking playing the role as a heelish announcer, i mean you can tell that outside of the wrestling world, he'd love to just kick the guy's ass...or rape him or whatever.

I like whenever he's getting lines to heavily put over something he'd rather crap on... like when Smackdown got Torrie Wilson in the draft.

JBL hated MVP when he first started, but quickly changed his tune.

To be fair, that was to put over the character back when MVP was the guy who got paid too much money without ever proving anything. I can't remember it ever seeming like something personal, like with Masters or Miz.

Maybe the guy just has good taste.

I think JBL and JR should be calling all the PPVs together, and honestly, just pick one of the other announcers at random to be the third leg here and there.

JR does the best play-by-play in the company, and with JBL's color commentary, its a win-win. They seemed to gel together pretty well on the last Saturday Night's Main Event.

I think JBL and JR should be calling all the PPVs together, and honestly, just pick one of the other announcers at random to be the third leg here and there.

JR does the best play-by-play in the company, and with JBL's color commentary, its a win-win. They seemed to gel together pretty well on the last Saturday Night's Main Event.

If Vince's main complaint about J.R. and Lawler sounding "too southern," you can forget ever hearing J.R. and JBL together. Vince would probably kill himself before he lets two cowboy-hat wearing southern guys with southern accents head up Raw.

They were called Cade and Murdoch.

you're making it too hard lol..

Vince would probably kill himself before he lets two cowboy-hat wearing southern guys with southern accents head up Raw.

Except he's let them do that show for the past decade.

I also think a Ross/Bradshaw team would be great. It would finally give Ross a color guy with something worthwhile to say other than interjections of "Puppies!" (seriously, he's toned down some in recent years but go listen to Lawler in any match involving a woman in any way from a few years back, he never shuts the fuck up about sex).

I miss good old Joey Styles. You know, the one who did such an amazing announcing job on the first One Night Stand. I don't trust this Tenay Lite clone they've got sitting next to Taz(z).

I miss good old Joey Styles. You know, the one who did such an amazing announcing job on the first One Night Stand. I don't trust this Tenay Lite clone they've got sitting next to Taz(z).

that's mean.

Vince would probably kill himself before he lets two cowboy-hat wearing southern guys with southern accents head up Raw.

But JBL is billed from New York ;)

I don't get this notion that Lawler and Ross are some sort of ultra redneck southern announce team. Sure Ross I can get but Lawler has never struck me as much of a redneck even though he was the top star of the biggest redneck promotion ever seen by mankind in Memphis. But he himself doesn't scream out hick or anything.

Speaking of Jim Ross, I laughed hard at how funny this surely was. I could just picture Jr's reaction to it.

Scott- Jim Carrey truly channeled Andy Kaufman on the set of “Man on the Moon” or at least what Carrey perceived Kaufman to be like. Therefore, Carrey and Lawler did not get along on the set as Carey/Kaufman did all he could to remain a staunch adversary of Jerry’s while making the film. Carrey stayed in character the entire film and would not answer to any name other than Andy or Mr. Kaufman. I know King enjoyed slapping the fire out of Carrey during the filming of the David Letterman scene for the film. Courtney Love was a real piece of work as one would expect and at times was “out there.” She flashed me one morning in the make up trailer which opened my eyes better than the coffee I was drinking

Is it just me, or does anybody else have absolutely zero interest in seeing Mysterio return?

I also do not want to see him return, but he will provide an added depth to the upper midcard/main event of Smackdown.

Come on, you guys don't want to see him come back and beat Hornswoggle in a steel cage for the Cruiserweight Title?

I guess its just me.

Rey's awesome. Considering the state of SD, especially the ME scene, he can't come back soon enough.

Just as long as his heart doesn't explode.

Well, that's simply not possible. What with all the steriods he DOESN'T take. And Rey would never lie to us.

I really don't care about Mysterio any more. Anything he could do in the ring can be done by people already on the roster, his knees are shot, his heart's not exactly in great shape, and he's going to be rammed down our throat as soon as Khali defends against Batista, because BAH GAWD JAY BEE ELL CAN REY MYSTERIO TOPPLE THE GIANT DAVID VERSUS GOLIATH REMEMBER THAT PHRASE BECAUSE I WON'T STOP SAYING IT UNTIL THE FEUD ENDS

I thought that Rey/RVD match on the ECW vs WWE show last summer was ok. Too bad RVD's gone now.

Unrelated to anything, I remember back in 2005 with the build to the Raw vs SmackDown match at Survivor Series, people were saying it made no sense for recent trades like Orton to be so loyal to a brand they just moved to. Having myself been moved from one work site to another site under the same corporate umbrella, I can honestly say we do have a "site vs site" mentality at times and I've totally become loyal to my co-workers here in just 2 months, so it's not that unrealistic, I guess. Not a major point or anything, just something to think about.

Also, I had non-fan friends suddenly asking about wrestling and Vince's son the other day. Don't know if that core sample filters over to anyone else though.